Random Irritations

PaulMdj

Visit site
Just watched the video, smacks the 2 Policewomen, lands at least 1 kick and about 5-6 punches on the Policeman, then the Policeman tazers him and kicks his head when he lifts it.

Absolutely deserved everything he got, he attacked the Policeman from behind punching him in the head and didn’t care what damage he was doing.

In total that Copper took about 10 punches and still managed to control both scumbags, I for one don’t believe he overreacted, he did what was needed to subdue both scumbags and protect his colleagues.👏👏👏👏

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
He appears to have been tasered, but lands half on his back and half on his side.
He then rolls himself onto his front and adopts an unnatural stiff looking position. He must have some control over his body to do this.
He then lifts his head and shoulders to view the officer. Again with full control of his movements.
The kick is not a very forceful one, and although it is enough to inflict damage, the officer recognised the offender was still posing a threat due to his feigned movements.
The kick was not as forceful as the punches the policewoman received from that man.
The stamp appears to be a deliberate glancing blow.

Necessary and justifiable force?
Probably will be proved to be so with regard to the amount of force the two perpetrators were clearly prepared to use to inflict damage to police officers.

All the above is my opinion.
But I think that is how it will play out when my opinion and public opinion is rightfully ignored and it is left to our judicial system.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched the video, smacks the 2 Policewomen, lands at least 1 kick and about 5-6 punches on the Policeman, then the Policeman tazers him and kicks his head when he lifts it.

Absolutely deserved everything he got, he attacked the Policeman from behind punching him in the head and didn’t care what damage he was doing.

In total that Copper took about 10 punches and still managed to control both scumbags, I for one don’t believe he overreacted, he did what was needed to subdue both scumbags and protect his colleagues.👏👏👏👏

They are lucky this isn't America because that would have ended a lot worse

4LEX

Visit site
From seeing the video

All three should be charged

The two guys for assaulting the police

And the policeman for losing it and also commuting assault to the man they just tazered and who was prone on the floor

The two men are far from the innocent victims that were portrayed but the copper still lost it on the guy

You're a disgrace calling for the officer to be charged. If only more officers acted like he did, this country wouldn't be in the mess it's in.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
You're a disgrace calling for the officer to be charged. If only more officers acted like he did, this country wouldn't be in the mess it's in.

Is the country in a mess ?

Not sure why some need to go personal

Beleive this statement which I saw earlier sums it up

“Punching police officers is unacceptable.

Kicking and stamping on someone's head is unacceptable.

Both can be wrong.”

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Faro Airport.

Took 90 minutes to get through passport control last Sunday. Absolute chaos. Very few staff around and only 3 desks open. While the length of time it took was irritating, what was worse was the potential for a very serious accident.

The route from the plane to PPC involves you going up two flights of marble stairs and back down another two flights. All the stairs were completely packed with people shuffling at a snails pace. Add to this the usual idiots trying to jump the queue, as well as those with EU passports trying to get through to their own dedicated desks. All it needed was for someone to trip over or pass out, and there would have been carnage.

When we finally got through, I told the Jet2 rep how bad it had been and she said it’s always like that at particular times at weekends. Looking on the Faro trip advisor forum, there are loads of complaints about this. Some reporting waits of 3 to 4 hours.

When we got on the flight, I was surprised to see quite a few empty seats on the first weekend of the school holidays. It was the same coming back yesterday. I wonder if some people are voting with their feet and avoiding Faro because of this issue.

It’s a real shame as we had a great holiday, but I’d think twice in the future about flying there again.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The BBC Olympic coverage. Live sport happening and studio chit chat for ages. Red button has one other sport and a menu button which is useless. Only just discovered they only have the rights to broadcast two sports at any one time. Eurosport coverage far superior but have to pay for Discovery Plus to get a choice of all sports taking place.

Boo.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The BBC Olympic coverage. Live sport happening and studio chit chat for ages. Red button has one other sport and a menu button which is useless. Only just discovered they only have the rights to broadcast two sports at any one time. Eurosport coverage far superior but have to pay for Discovery Plus to get a choice of all sports taking place.

Boo.

Yep BBC lost exclusive rights after Rio to Discovery

You can get the discovery app on the telly if you have Bt sport ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@rudebhoy we had a nightmare coming through Barcelona last summer. The whole passport stamping is causing carnage for gb travellers. People missed our flight because of the queues at passport control, I wonder if the same happened on yours?

Last year was definitely the most stressed I've been at an airport, I fully expected to miss our flight because of the problems.

Red devil

Visit site

Boo.
You can get it for £3.99pm, cancel anytime from Discovery. That's what we've done

Mandofred

Visit site
Just tried again to do my self assessment online. Nope. I don't have a Nat Insurance number (although I do have a UTR), and that just seems to muck things up. On the phone with them in the morning asking for the paper version again. Wife is doing hers for the first time online and they are insisting she do the year before as well even though she didn't make enough money the year before.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just tried again to do my self assessment online. Nope. I don't have a Nat Insurance number (although I do have a UTR), and that just seems to muck things up. On the phone with them in the morning asking for the paper version again. Wife is doing hers for the first time online and they are insisting she do the year before as well even though she didn't make enough money the year before.
Cant you go to the relevant Gov site and get your NI number?
Thats all I do, since I lost my NI card years ago

Mandofred

Visit site
Cant you go to the relevant Gov site and get your NI number?
Thats all I do, since I lost my NI card years ago
I've never had a NI number...I'm American. I could go through the process for getting a number....but I don't usually find it any harder just to do my UK taxes on paper. I have to do the same thing with my US taxes.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
@rudebhoy we had a nightmare coming through Barcelona last summer. The whole passport stamping is causing carnage for gb travellers. People missed our flight because of the queues at passport control, I wonder if the same happened on yours?

Last year was definitely the most stressed I've been at an airport, I fully expected to miss our flight because of the problems.
Our bad experience was on arrival. Departure yesterday was ok, no worse then any other airport.

It seems to be an issue when lots of flights arrive at the same time.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our bad experience was on arrival. Departure yesterday was ok, no worse then any other airport.

It seems to be an issue when lots of flights arrive at the same time.
If only they were given some sort of clue as to when the flights would arrive so that they could staff accordingly. Something like an arrivals schedule........🙄

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm even more irritated that the women's hockey hasn't been on. It is now on the red button and, they claim, "live" but it isn't, it's recorded...

As for the boxing decision against our girl...dumbfounded!