Random Irritations

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Watched it as well, certainly was a lost going on , but it doesn't show the officers actions in any new light.

The lawyer needs to come out though and condemn the actions of the two males that caused all the issues though to calm their community - they need to accept the repercussions as well because those two will be rightly going behind bars

It doesn’t excuse the actions at the end by the policeman who will have to live with that ( and people will be sympathetic)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just as the males local community has not condemned their actions, only the Police. Are you suprised?
Too busy trying to play the racist card to issue an apology.

As for the anti police theme on here it’s only plastic scouser Phil and resurrected scouser Pete isn’t it? Most sensible people can see clearly what happened.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Watched it as well, certainly was a lost going on , but it doesn't show the officers actions in any new light.
In your opinion, my opinion has completely changed since seeing the cctv. The copper should be given a commendation for taking down violent scumbags while protecting his 2 colleagues

Different opinions are allowed.👍🏻

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
In your opinion, my opinion has completely changed since seeing the cctv. The copper should be given a commendation for taking down violent scumbags while protecting his 2 colleagues

I might be a bit(lot) unpopular here for my view. The Spanish police, similarly to the German & French police, don’t take any messing. We get very little violent crime here, and crime in general is dealt with very harshly compared to U.K. standards. The deterrent is everyone knows it. Get a bit physical and you’re liable to get flattened.

Whilst I feel there has to be limits, the stamp was unacceptable, if someone behaves barbarically they’re fair game in my opinion. Put another way, if criminals knew they were liable for a bit of restorative justice, would they do it in the first place?

Dons tin hat and hides.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Spot on.
He works with those other officers everyday,he’s just seen them viciously attacked.
Plus it’s in an airport.
I’d buy him a pint.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I might be a bit(lot) unpopular here for my view. The Spanish police, similarly to the German & French police, don’t take any messing. We get very little violent crime here, and crime in general is dealt with very harshly compared to U.K. standards. The deterrent is everyone knows it. Get a bit physical and you’re liable to get flattened.

Whilst I feel there has to be limits, the stamp was unacceptable, if someone behaves barbarically they’re fair game in my opinion. Put another way, if criminals knew they were liable for a bit of restorative justice, would they do it in the first place?

Dons tin hat and hides.
👏 👏👏

PaulMdj

Visit site

Dons tin hat and hides.
No issue with anything you’ve said, but as I posted yesterday, the guy gets kicked and punched, sees his 2 colleagues knocked to the ground and for a few moments is on his own.

There is 3-4 seconds between him tasering and kicking him in the head, none of us have any idea what was going through the Coppers mind and why he chose to react the way he did.

Until the enquiry publish’s their findings I have absolutely no issue with his behaviour, but will fully respect their decision.

Not sure if you’ve seen today’s news, “the family” of the assaliants have expressed concern over any injuries the Police received, and, have replaced the first lawyer they had in the initial press conferences. This speaks volumes to me.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Dons tin hat and hides.

Got to have limits and the laws - we don’t live a society where just because someone breaks the law and commits a crime the law can be ignored by the police when dealing with a criminal - that’s not our society and going down that route has the potential to escalate

The police or any authority must abide by boundaries - just because a criminal crosses those boundaries doesn’t make it open season for the authorities to do so

If that was a fight between two people then both would be prosecuted for their actions - if anyone of us kicks a man in the head and stamps on him then we would be arrested and charged

can’t have it being fair game for the police to inflict punishment or violence that’s above the law imo

We have laws to deal with criminals - the police apprehend the criminals and then let the law deal with them

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
No issue with anything you’ve said, but as I posted yesterday, the guy gets kicked and punched, sees his 2 colleagues knocked to the ground and for a few moments is on his own.

There is 3-4 seconds between him tasering and kicking him in the head, none of us have any idea what was going through the Coppers mind and why he chose to react the way he did.

Until the enquiry publish’s their findings I have absolutely no issue with his behaviour, but will fully respect their decision.

Not sure if you’ve seen today’s news, “the family” of the assaliants have expressed concern over any injuries the Police received, and, have replaced the first lawyer they had in the initial press conferences. This speaks volumes to me.

For all we know, and maybe a good defence, “I was woozy from the blows to the head I received and kicked the guy to ensure he wasn’t a threat.”

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Got to have limits and the laws - we don’t live a society where just because someone breaks the law and commits a crime the law can be ignored by the police when dealing with a criminal - that’s not our society and going down that route has the potential to escalate

The police or any authority must abide by boundaries - just because a criminal crosses those boundaries doesn’t make it open season for the authorities to do so

If that was a fight between two people then both would be prosecuted for their actions - if anyone of us kicks a man in the head and stamps on him then we would be arrested and charged

can’t have it being fair game for the police to inflict punishment or violence that’s above the law imo

We have laws to deal with criminals - the police apprehend the criminals and then let the law deal with them
They’re not robots.
No amount of training can make you be one.
Sometimes survival instincts kick in.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Did I say the stamp was unacceptable, and I fully accept there should be limits? But I’m not for giving criminals a hug and sending them on safari to Africa, which has happened.

Justice in other countries goes too far. I’m not suggesting stoning, lashing, chopping off hands or hanging. But nor do I agree with 20 hours picking up litter.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Pretty much spot on. Whether force used is reasonable is a question of fact for a jury to decide. A police officer, same as anyone else, has to rationalise their use of force and, if charged, a jury will decide if that use of force is reasonable.

I absolutely understand the popular reaction to all of this, and as I have said none of us know the officer’s mindset so we therefore cannot begin to assess whether his actions were reasonable given all of the circumstances.

But nobody, the police included, can turn around and mete out their own justice solely in response to provocation. The justification must be far stronger.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Pretty much spot on. Whether force used is reasonable is a question of fact for a jury to decide. A police officer, same as anyone else, has to rationalise their use of force and, if charged, a jury will decide if that use of force is reasonable.

I absolutely understand the popular reaction to all of this, and as I have said none of us know the officer’s mindset so we therefore cannot begin to assess whether his actions were reasonable given all of the circumstances.

But nobody, the police included, can turn around and mete out their own justice solely in response to provocation. The justification must be far stronger.

It’s a difficult, grey area for the police. What is viewed as dishing out restorative justice, what is retaliation and what force can be used to contain a volatile situation? A thank god more experienced people than us will make that determination.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Did I say the stamp was unacceptable, and I fully accept there should be limits? But I’m not for giving criminals a hug and sending them on safari to Africa, which has happened.

Justice in other countries goes too far. I’m not suggesting stoning, lashing, chopping off hands or hanging. But nor do I agree with 20 hours picking up litter.

When did anyone suggest anything about giving them a hug and sending them to Safari ?

The justice that needs to be served is decided by judges and jury after they have gone through process

Yes the punishment does need to fit the crime and I believe it’s not a bad balance in the main here

But that justice isn’t carried out by the arresting copper etc

PaulMdj

Visit site

No one is saying what you are stating, but you have condemned the Copper from the beginning.

You haven’t heard his version of events or any justification he may or may not try to provide.

Let due process take place.