Random Irritations

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
First decent day of the year so far, so I decided to tidy up my shed/mancave, only to discover some large Rat droppings :mad:.
After a trip to trip to Screwfix for a rat trap, it's now set up and baited with a bit of ribeye fat from tonight's dinner.
Fingers crossed Roland will be caught soon.
Any other suggestions for bait, I know there are a few master baiters on here :whistle:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
First decent day of the year so far, so I decided to tidy up my shed/mancave, only to discover some large Rat droppings :mad:.
After a trip to trip to Screwfix for a rat trap, it's now set up and baited with a bit of ribeye fat from tonight's dinner.
Fingers crossed Roland will be caught soon.
Any other suggestions for bait, I know there are a few master baiters on here :whistle:

Peanut butter, rat traps are the only things that it's good for.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Mary Poppins reclassified from U to Pg to save all those sensitive souls that may be offended
Oh no. Imagine trying to let parents know that their children are going to hear a racist term.

Out of interest, at which point would you think it is ok to let them know a racist word is used? The n word?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh no. Imagine trying to let parents know that their children are going to hear a racist term.

Out of interest, at which point would you think it is ok to let them know a racist word is used? The n word?
Do they use the N word in Mary Poppins??? I must have seen it ten times and never noticed that!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I honestly thought that the word used was the genuine name for the indigenous people of southwest Africa. That explains why in a recent documentary a different term was used.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, they don’t, I’m just trying to find out where Mr Wokingham draws the line at using racist terms without at least letting parents know.

I remember not being able to find Dumbo on Disney plus for the kids, turns out it (along with Aristocats) had been re classified as guidance due to terms or depictions used.

Simply read what they were decided if acceptable and changed the eldest profile to 6 plus so she could watch them.

Hardly worth writing home about

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
I remember not being able to find Dumbo on Disney plus for the kids, turns out it (along with Aristocats) had been re classified as guidance due to terms or depictions used.

Simply read what they were decided if acceptable and changed the eldest profile to 6 plus so she could watch them.

Hardly worth writing home about
Nope, it’s just common sense to align things with modern and progressive thinking. But some people just want to be furious.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
People - on here, in real life, everywhere - falling into the trap of " this is the way it's done here/this is how I do it/this is how we do it" and assuming that it's done the same way the whole world over....nor is it necessarily the correct way.
Many ways of skinning a cat there are........
This reminds me of the time (before he left school) when my son had a part time job for a plastic components factory.
One of his jobs was to count out 1,000 widgets. So, soon after he got bored he decided to weigh up thousand of them rather than all that counting!
His manager noticed and asked what he was doing. Son explained and the manager said, wow, we've never thought of doing that! 😂

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
In summary, I just think a lot of customer service people tell the customer what they want to hear even when it's not achievable. I think a bit of honesty goes a long way - if the customer doesn't accept it then that's up to them I suppose. They're only going to react even worse if you make a false promise that can't be met.

Sometimes it’s genuinely out of the salesman’s hands… We bought a lot of Siemens stuff from our local Euronics shop, Siemens have been constantly promising them a larder freezer will be on the next delivery, it finally turned up today after a 6 week delay!