Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Delta airlines not allowing me to check in on-line because they can't verify my vaccination status because "I have not had my final dose". This is because my first two where Astra Zeneca and my booster was Pfizer Biontec. I didn't get to chose the booster type, they just gave me it.

Now I need to go through the pain of check in desks for absolutely no reason. Why make things so complex?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve not used cash for months, seems like everywhere takes card payment these days.

Couple of pubs near me are card-only.

When my daughter and her partner go out, they never take cash. In fact, they don’t even routinely take a purse / wallet, everything is paid for with Apple Pay.

Cash is definitely on the way out.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have posted this as an irritation before but it's still up there, close to the top,of my list.

The phrases "nothing worse/better than...".....
Believe me, my imagination can come up with, possibly, millions of things worse or better than getting to the Chinese takeaway only to find they don't take card payments...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’ve not used cash for months, seems like everywhere takes card payment these days.

its getting less often for me but I still use cash a fair bit, don't leave home without some (not a big value)
Usually its card at the clubhouse but maybe only 1 in 20 times I'll use card for petrol, the norm is cash
Supermarket/shops is a mixture depends on the cost
Small stuff like coffee etc is cash

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's cash? :D Genuine annoyance when places still ask for cash. Seems to be only barbers and kebab shops / chippies left that are dying on this hill.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's cash? :D Genuine annoyance when places still ask for cash. Seems to be only barbers and kebab shops / chippies left that are dying on this hill.

If I am out in the pub on a big night always use cash, it is my safety net. Once I have burned through the cash in my wallet, I know it is time to stop and that helps me shut down the voice that keeps telling me that another few rounds, oh and shots as well, would be a good idea.

Sadly I know that if I did anything on a tab or on contactless, my self control would disappear and the impact on my bank account the next day could be biblical.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I am out in the pub on a big night always use cash, it is my safety net. Once I have burned through the cash in my wallet, I know it is time to stop and that helps me shut down the voice that keeps telling me that another few rounds, oh and shots as well, would be a good idea.

Sadly I know that if I did anything on a tab or on contactless, my self control would disappear and the impact on my bank account the next day could be biblical.

Ah you see my friend has a similar system but with Monzo, pre loads it with say £100 for the night out

Once it's gone that's it

D-S

Visit site
I think Sweden are set to eliminate all cash in future. I am sure low life’s will get around it but it is probably a good way to reduce low level crime and some tax dodging.

Mandofred

Visit site

Funny how my brain works sometimes. When I read that section I got my soul would disappear. Probably about the same thing though :). I went back to re-read it since that seemed a bit drastic.

D

Deleted member 1147

I haven't been to a gym for 20 years. It was irritating then. A place for Narcissists.
Gyms do nothing for your body in the long run. Unless you want to get injured.
It's cool to ditch the gym. Go for a walk or jog or cycle instead. No subscription.
Try yoga or Tai Chi done indoors.
🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think Sweden are set to eliminate all cash in future. I am sure low life’s will get around it but it is probably a good way to reduce low level crime and some tax dodging.
I was in Stockholm 4 or so years ago. Most places then were contactless, plenty had signs saying no cash. This was before it had really taken off here. I had cash with me, not knowing, I took it all back.

I'm not surprised by what you say, I suspect they are not far off already.

Reactions: D-S

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was in Stockholm 4 or so years ago. Most places then were contactless, plenty had signs saying no cash. This was before it had really taken off here. I had cash with me, not knowing, I took it all back.

As long as the punters are happy with it, you can see why businesses would want to go cashless. No cashing up, no having to bank the cash, no chance of being robbed.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I didn't know until the other week that my club is cashless ..

Only when someone went to pay for food with cash and they were told card or clubcredit only

Turns out we done it since COVID

However weird we still insist on cash for the comps .... No option to tap tap

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As long as the punters are happy with it, you can see why businesses would want to go cashless. No cashing up, no having to bank the cash, no chance of being robbed.
It makes absolute sense, unless you are trying to hide something from someone 👀. Cash is a pain, so many chances for things to go wrong with it.

I'm suspicious of anywhere that doesn't accept card payment now, every Chinese takeaway in my home town I'm talking about you 🧐.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I remember, back in the 80s and working at Sainsburys during the summer, being made to be " security" as one of the female cash office workers carried a holdall of cash to the bank once a week..about half a mile through the middle of Wycombe....unreal....:oops: