Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My NowTV box curling up it's toes..and so began a frantic few minutes while the IT Dept (the Mrs and The Boy) scrabbled around downloading the App via the Amazon Firestick and me frantically trying to remember my login details.
All sorted now......but it was close...

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been to the gym the last 4 days as the weather is too bad for golf.

Not sure which I find more annoying, the folk who sit on a piece of equipment for ages looking at their phone rather than exercising, or the folk who think it's ok to drop a bar with heavy weights onto the ground from chest height every time they use it. The noise is ridiculous, and to make matter worse, there is a shop downstairs from the gym, the noise is even worse down there. Needless to say, the gym staff don't try to stop it as they are all too busy looking at their phones as well.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been to the gym the last 4 days as the weather is too bad for golf.

Not sure which I find more annoying, the folk who sit on a piece of equipment for ages looking at their phone rather than exercising, or the folk who think it's ok to drop a bar with heavy weights onto the ground from chest height every time they use it. The noise is ridiculous, and to make matter worse, there is a shop downstairs from the gym, the noise is even worse down there. Needless to say, the gym staff don't try to stop it as they are all too busy looking at their phones as well.

I very much agree with this annoyance and my wife, who Powerlifts, even more so. It is for that reason what we put a full lifting set up in out converted garage over lockdown

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I very much agree with this annoyance and my wife, who Powerlifts, even more so. It is for that reason what we put a full lifting set up in out converted garage over lockdown

It's a total "look at me" thing as well. This was in a big mainstream gym (JD), it was pretty busy this morning, I reckon there would have been about 60 people in, everyone turned round when this meathead started throwing the weights to the floor.

One other gym irritation - you go into the changing room, look round for an locker which doesn't have a padlock on it, find one, sit down, start getting changed, open the locker door to find that some clown has just put his stuff in it and not bothered with a padlock. That really bugs me!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not sure which I find more annoying, the folk who sit on a piece of equipment for ages looking at their phone rather than exercising,
I haven't been to a gym for 20 years. It was irritating then. A place for Narcissists.
Gyms do nothing for your body in the long run. Unless you want to get injured.
It's cool to ditch the gym. Go for a walk or jog or cycle instead. No subscription.
Try yoga or Tai Chi done indoors.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's a total "look at me" thing as well. This was in a big mainstream gym (JD), it was pretty busy this morning, I reckon there would have been about 60 people in, everyone turned round when this meathead started throwing the weights to the floor.

One other gym irritation - you go into the changing room, look round for an locker which doesn't have a padlock on it, find one, sit down, start getting changed, open the locker door to find that some clown has just put his stuff in it and not bothered with a padlock. That really bugs me!
I have a slightly different gym locker bug bear. Snap fitness don't have large changing rooms, just single ones so you have a set of lockers and cubby holes on the gym floor for your bags, etc. There are about 20 of each which is probably about right - or it would be if 8-10 of the lockers hadn't been commandeered by selfish people for their own use. The sames ones are always locked, irrespective of what time I go to the gym so it is obvious that people are just leaving their kit in their. I have mentioned it to the management but they haven't bothered doing anything. A previous gym put a notice up saying they would cut off the padlocks from any lockers that were locked at closing time on XX date. They did this and put the contents in bags in reception so you had to go and ask for your kit back. They did this twice and the locker hogging stopped

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I haven't been to a gym for 20 years. It was irritating then. A place for Narcissists.
Gyms do nothing for your body in the long run. Unless you want to get injured.
It's cool to ditch the gym. Go for a walk or jog or cycle instead. No subscription.
Try yoga or Tai Chi done indoors.
I'll bite ;)
Why would I be more likely to get injured running on the treadmill or cycling on the exercise bike than running or cycling on the roads?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Why would I be more likely to get injured running on the treadmill or cycling on the exercise bike than running or cycling on the roads?
Gyms are indoors. Stale air, pollution, loud music, drugs, steroids, protein supplements might get offered to you.

I like the great outdoors, especially hill walking which is good for mental and physical health.
Admit it, you are competing with others on the next treadmill, exercise bike or weights.
Can cause big problems later in life by putting excess weight on your bones and joints by heavy lifting.
Your muscle mass and bone mass shrink as you get older.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Gyms are indoors. Stale air, pollution, loud music, drugs, steroids, protein supplements might get offered to you.

I like the great outdoors, especially hill walking which is good for mental and physical health.
Admit it, you are competing with others on the next treadmill, exercise bike or weights.
Can cause big problems later in life by putting excess weight on your bones and joints by heavy lifting.
Your muscle mass and bone mass shrink as you get older.
You have just made so many assumptions that are completely wrong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: D-S

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Well I go to this “Better” Group. what a shambles. They moved 200 metres away during lockdown. It is the absolute Pitts. In Summer too hot, in Winter no heating.
No showers, loos or lockers. No drinking water. That is fact

In the words of Monty Ptyrhon. We have it tough NOW