Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kay burley again.

I just want to punch her in the face as she’s so rude and loves talking over guests
She is awful, her interpersonal skills are none existent. Her phrase ‘my viewers’ is irritating. I have stopped watching and have the hour before on record. She just tries to wind whoever has been thrown on that day. It was far worse during lockdown and she was banned for breaking the rules

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm at an export event today, US Market. We export most of our products already but do very little in the US. It's held at St James Park, fun pastries, worth a go.

Blimey it's dull, nothing learnt after an hour and a half 😴. Not even a cinnamon swirl can save the morning so far.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The weather...
If it's going to snow..then bloody wel, snow and get it over with...
If it's not..then don't
We've had half-arsed snow/sleet for the last 10 hours and it's not doing anything.....iys settled, melted and now it's settling again...probably be melted in an hour...
Forecasts said we'd be under several inches by now......
The older I get the more I wish we just had 20 degrees every day of the year......

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The weather...
If it's going to snow..then bloody wel, snow and get it over with...
If it's not..then don't
We've had half-arsed snow/sleet for the last 10 hours and it's not doing anything.....iys settled, melted and now it's settling again...probably be melted in an hour...
Forecasts said we'd be under several inches by now......
The older I get the more I wish we just had 20 degrees every day of the year......

20 degree from 6:30am until 22:00 dry and warm

22:00-06:30 a pleasant 5-10 degree to promote good sleep and nice constant overnight rain to allow for things to get the water they need

Everyone's a winner

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just phoned up HMRC to pay additional voluntary NI contributions.

First 3 minutes spent listening to recorded messages which are irrelevant.

Get through to automated system which starts asking questions -

1. Are you ringing to pay additional contributions? - yes
2. Have you had a state pension forecast? - yes
3. what is your NINO? - tell them
4. what is your post code? - tell them
5. sorry we are too busy to take your call, please try later

why not just say that at the outset?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm at an export event today, US Market. We export most of our products already but do very little in the US. It's held at St James Park, fun pastries, worth a go.

Blimey it's dull, nothing learnt after an hour and a half 😴. Not even a cinnamon swirl can save the morning so far.

only a pain au raisin can save the morning

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Mince pies I understand @ 11! Enjoy the day

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Seems like the teachers have got a taste for not teaching again.

So much for the importance of children being in school!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
How unbelievably slow counter services are in banks these days. No wonder people are avoiding them and banking online more and more.

It’s not a social club for them to have chats with all and sundry, just do the job that’s being asked and speed the…. Up!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
How unbelievably slow counter services are in banks these days. No wonder people are avoiding them and banking online more and more.

It’s not a social club for them to have chats with all and sundry, just do the job that’s being asked and speed the…. Up!
My bank, effectively, doesn't have counter service anymore....it's all machines with a couple of people wandering around..
I used to get paid a lot in cash so once a month I'd walk in and pay the credit card bill with notes..
Now I'd have to pay the cash into the machine, wait a day and then do a transfer....
Moved the kids over to transfers instead of cash and haven't stepped into the bank in nearly 5 years..

D-S

Visit site

Probably deliberately slow to drive customers to the cheaper to run online option.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just checking the tracking for my delivery (Royal Mail). It says delivered, with a photo - a blurry photo of my parcel sitting in the bottom our recycling wheelie bin. Cheers for that. Lucky it's not bin day today. And I do hope my wife didn't tip the recycling from the kitchen on top of it before I had a chance to tell her. Also my arms aren't long enough to get it out so I'll have to tip the entire bin upside down to get it. Why would anyone think this is a good place to leave it? There is a perfectly good gated side alleyway about 5 feet behind the bin.