Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bloody HP wireless printer... showing offline/not connected etc... even though it is about 2m away from my laptop and on the same network. Still cant see it. have rebooted about 8 times already.
Can print from phone but not from laptop...

you might be as well deleting it and adding it again on the laptop.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On the laptop, go to printers @ devices and see if it is listed, it might be you have the old printer as default and it’s looking for it

no change in my printer set up since last time i printed... my default printer is my office printer in London. I am assuming, it is not spewing out paper everytime i hit print from home :)

you might be as well deleting it and adding it again on the laptop.
I might have to do that..

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bloody HP wireless printer... showing offline/not connected etc... even though it is about 2m away from my laptop and on the same network. Still cant see it. have rebooted about 8 times already.
Can print from phone but not from laptop...

My HP printed did exactly the same even when connected by a USB

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a shiny new bypass round Lincoln. It only took 8 years and was 7.5km
Huh, our "bypass" was argued for for years and got built oooo I dunno 20 years ago, it ends at the bottom on the town and bypasses not one jot of Macclesfield. Apparently they ran out of money so that's where it ended. It causes a 30 minute delay in travelling out of town at peak times. Utter clowns we have had running our council for years and their offspring are all there ballsing things up as I type.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Selling a fridge and freezer and had a buyer for the freezer.
They were supposed to pick it up yesterday but “something came up” so agreed they’d collect today
Not heard a word from them all day so I need to relist it

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Monthly Operations Meeting... 4 hours of life you never get back (every month)

Don’t you just love the way companies employ managers for specific roles then hold meetings so that other managers can interfere by giving advice to said managers who were employed for their skills in doing the job. Meetings used to drive me nuts…. Hey, let’s come up with a great idea then have half a dozen managers sit around a table and dilute the good idea.

Just let people do their job, and if they hit a road block they can then ask for help. 4.5 years retired and it still grinds my gears.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Don’t you just love the way companies employ managers for specific roles then hold meetings so that other managers can interfere by giving advice to said managers who were employed for their skills in doing the job. Meetings used to drive me nuts…. Hey, let’s come up with a great idea then have half a dozen managers sit around a table and dilute the good idea.

Just let people do their job, and if they hit a road block they can then ask for help. 4.5 years retired and it still grinds my gears.

We have people who do nothing but meetings. They make themselves look busy, but are really just wasting everyone’s time.

I get invited to so many meetings with no agenda or required outcome. I just decline them.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have people who do nothing but meetings. They make themselves look busy, but are really just wasting everyone’s time.

I get invited to so many meetings with no agenda or required outcome. I just decline them.
… and these days on Teams, people don’t switch on videos… so you are speaking to AB or CD or EF… could just be a radio

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was i supposed to know who rebel wilson is? i only looked it up after the news broke. My celebrity quotient is very low

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Want to book an Airbnb. Currently on live chat with them as I have no valid photo ID so can't verify my identity. Seems to be this host needs that.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tumble dryer is completely broken now

Annoying , new one arrives Wednesday

Wonder how much washing will be back logged lol lucky it's sunny I guess

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have challenged similar before, an expired passport is not valid for overseas travel but why does it cease to be suitable to ID your identity (if recognisable by the picture)

Tried again and they won't accept it.

Going to bite the bullet and renew the passports. We had planned to and then covid hit so just haven't bothered.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried again and they won't accept it.

Going to bite the bullet and renew the passports. We had planned to and then covid hit so just haven't bothered.

While your at it £20 to upgrade to a photo driving licence .. so much simpler to carry around incase of post office or other annoying places