Random Irritations

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
While your at it £20 to upgrade to a photo driving licence .. so much simpler to carry around incase of post office or other annoying places

Nooooooooooooo. I have had my paper driving licence for a long time. It still looks like new. I will not change it until I have to.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nooooooooooooo. I have had my paper driving licence for a long time. It still looks like new. I will not change it until I have to.

I renewed ours when we moved home... one interesting thing is that it all requires the same photo and you have the option to reuse ur passport one. All happens magically behind the scenes from Skynet

Last edited by a moderator:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whoever thought ending EV subsidy is a good idea... i was looking to swap a car out... so some subsidies for switching would have been good.. but,..

Same lop sided logic when it comes to Solar panels.

On a brighter side, our council did something interesting ... group buying of Solar >> solar Together. I missed the deadline as i was not aware. now waiting for it to reopen

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Knowing I was off this Monday, I worked ahead and did all of my Monday actions on Friday so I wouldn't be overdue on anything.

This morning I still have a bunch of stuff showing overdue - people will literally submitting documents at 10 and 11pm Friday and the system still says it's due Monday. What is wrong with people? :LOL:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I still have my paper licence, in addition to the plastic licence, which sit in my grandfathers driving licence wallet that must be over 70 years old.
I had to get a replacement when I moved to Scotland about 18 years ago. And before anyone asks, I didn't need my passport to make that move.
As well as my passport, I also have my photo on my bus pass. The "benefit" of being old(ish).

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the midst of building a garden office/workshop and spent the weekend first fixing the electrics. All cables run and then yesterday plasterboard up on all the walls and sockets cut out and installed. All looking good.

Continuity test on first radial all went fine, each socket returning good values. Then very last socket on radial 2… open loop, no continuity but it’s only a short run from the socket before and it’s testing fine. Can’t see for the life of me why it and only it is failing tests. Cables now behind plasterboard as well ?.

My fault for thinking it was all going well.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I usually complain weekly about Kay Burley. Well the Scottish guy on Sky News is equally as bad, possibly worse. he was interviewing The Foreign Secretary today and interrupted continually. She kept so calm but I was exhausted listening to him.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
In the midst of building a garden office/workshop and spent the weekend first fixing the electrics. All cables run and then yesterday plasterboard up on all the walls and sockets cut out and installed. All looking good.

Continuity test on first radial all went fine, each socket returning good values. Then very last socket on radial 2… open loop, no continuity but it’s only a short run from the socket before and it’s testing fine. Can’t see for the life of me why it and only it is failing tests. Cables now behind plasterboard as well ?.

My fault for thinking it was all going well.

I know the horse is three fields away but if you only run the cables horizontally or vertically from each box then it’s easy to avoid with your plasterboard fixings. (Also if you had wired it in a ring then you could have ditched the bad bit and turned it into two radials)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know the horse is three fields away but if you only run the cables horizontally or vertically from each box then it’s easy to avoid with your plasterboard fixings. (Also if you had wired it in a ring then you could have ditched the bad bit and turned it into two radials)

All cables are run externally, protected by the larch cladding. To clarify I meant that the plasterboard was all in where the cables come through the insulation so would be hard to get them back out through the insulation and out to the back.

Installed it as two radials specifically due to the distance between each last socket.

I did take a breath and went back out to have a look and the second last socket has a damaged earth terminal on one side meaning that the earth running to the last socket wasn’t connecting to the rest of the radial.

Swapped the socket out and all good. Insulation test passed and now just the lighting circuits to test.