Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I usually complain weekly about Kay Burley. Well the Scottish guy on Sky News is equally as bad, possibly worse. he was interviewing The Foreign Secretary today and interrupted continually. She kept so calm but I was exhausted listening to him.
Was she answering the questions being put…or doing what they normally do…

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was she answering the questions being put…or doing what they normally do…
She was doing well. However as I said initially he was continually interrupting, over talking and objectionable in his line of questioning.

Unfortunately these people who think they have the “Paxman, Robin Day technique” should realise they make little/ no progress and the interviewees usually have been trained and, not on this occasion, avoid a direct answer.
Overall, generally, very little progress is made with the interview.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
She was doing well. However as I said initially he was continually interrupting, over talking and objectionable in his line of questioning.

Unfortunately these people who think they have the “Paxman, Robin Day technique” should realise they make little/ no progress and the interviewees usually have been trained and, not on this occasion, avoid a direct answer.
Overall, generally, very little progress is made with the interview.

Was a car crash of an interview.. twitter was in full force with both sides claiming 'victory'... always fun when you follow both sides..

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our Loft drop down has popped open yesterday… nothing was done and it happened on it last own. Went up into the loft and it is an oven in there.
the door refuses to shut now … not sure what is happening with it…. Am going to try again after the heat wave

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having to send in additional information for the affordability check for a mortgage application to make sure that I can afford to pay £950 per month in mortgage repayments. I've been paying £975 per month in rent for the last 4 years and paying £1100 per month in rent for the three years before that. I think I might be able to afford a lower amount for the mortgage.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having to send in additional information for the affordability check for a mortgage application to make sure that I can afford to pay £950 per month in mortgage repayments. I've been paying £975 per month in rent for the last 4 years and paying £1100 per month in rent for the three years before that. I think I might be able to afford a lower amount for the mortgage.
To be fair to the lender, other bills such as lecky and gas, petrol and food have gone up massively so I think they have a right to ask.

Not that I am against your right to be irritated ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tom Hanks says if he was offered the role of a gay man (as in Philadelphia) today, he wouldn't take it - this whole issue again that gay characters have to be played by gay men and so on all of a sudden. What is this rubbish? It's called acting isn't it?? And these people with the same breath will tell you there should be a black James Bond. Make your minds up. You wouldn't prevent a gay actor from playing a straight role so it should work both ways!

Last edited:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Near collision… came up to T-junction on a B-road wanting to turn right. Clear on left hand side. Suv approaching from RHS, and signalling to turn left into my lane. So waited to see it slow down a bit and he was to turn.

As soon as it started to turn , I entered the junction and cut across. Bleeping jeepers as there was a Porsche who was tailgating the SUV and emerged from the shadows. It was completely hidden behind the suv when it was approaching the t-junction. Must be a serious tailgate and driving partially on the wrong side of the road.

I only saw it went across the road. He/she floored it and must have missed my car by not much. Lesson learnt for everyone.