Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Dan Walker…still in SCD. An absolute ‘maypole‘ around which his professional dances…but he seems to hold some weird fascination for Shirley Ballas.
He would have been out weeks ago but for his popularity with the voting public. I would think the judges have been hoping for him to be in the bottom two so they can get rid.

Mind you every week he goes beyond Naga is hilarious!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I'm using a really old sky router as a modem, then it is linked to TP Link Deco to make a mesh. But in hindsight I would have bought the BT mesh product as they integrate with SkyQ much better. I am having to run a hidden SSID just for the SkyQ boxed as they wont connect to the Deco

Much better though. get pervasive wifi at decent speeds and they can handle the 30+ devices we have on our home network, where the OEM boxes have no chance!
I have a Deco M5 running with my Sky Q no problem. I just turned off the WiFi in my router and and then turned off the Mesh system in the Sky Q boxes (you have to go into engineer mode for that). After that, all works fine.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Travel restrictions changing a day after arriving in the algarve…..🙄
At least you've got time to sort things out.
Announced yesterday evening. We're already out here in Spain. Today is Sunday and everything shut. Tomorrow is Bank Holiday. Tuesday is too early to get a test. Wednesday is another Bank Holiday and we're supposed to fly back Thurs. :(

cliveb

Head Pro
At least you've got time to sort things out.
Announced yesterday evening. We're already out here in Spain. Today is Sunday and everything shut. Tomorrow is Bank Holiday. Tuesday is too early to get a test. Wednesday is another Bank Holiday and we're supposed to fly back Thurs. :(
There's a bunch called Eurofins Megalab that appear to have testing at every airport in Spain, for reasonable prices.
We're coming back from Fuerteventura on 14th and have just booked our tests online.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Having my desk stolen. I can understand why they didn't think anything of it since I'm only in twice a week. But they could have been nicer about it - I arrive today and someone is sat my desk using my monitor, my charger etc, and I get pointed to another desk with a huge knot of leads sitting upon it for me to untangle. Thanks a lot.

Rooter

Money List Winner
I have a Deco M5 running with my Sky Q no problem. I just turned off the WiFi in my router and and then turned off the Mesh system in the Sky Q boxes (you have to go into engineer mode for that). After that, all works fine.
Oh cool, maybe they fixed it then!! How long have you had setup?? I must have set mine up 18 months ago and it didn't work then. Was a common gripe on forums..

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I've had mine
Oh cool, maybe they fixed it then!! How long have you had setup?? I must have set mine up 18 months ago and it didn't work then. Was a common gripe on forums..
We had the Sky Q put in at the end of May this year. The engineer didn't know how to sort it and left us with a booster to try to improve the signal. That didn't work. I tried to use the Sky Q mesh system without the TP Link, but that was giving pretty slow and inconsistent speeds, so I did a search online and found exactly what you said. It's a known issue. But I did eventually find the solution that worked for me.
  • Go into the Sky hub on your browser (http://192.168.0.1/) and disable the 2.4 and 5.0GHZ WiFi in your router (untick the Enable Wi-Fi box).
  • Connect the main hub via cable to your router.
  • I usually keep the same name and password as on the router.
  • Go into engineer mode on your Sky Q box
    • Press the ‘Home’ button on your remote control.
    • Scroll down to ‘Settings’ and DO NOT press select.
    • Press ‘001’.
    • Press ‘Select’
    • Goto network and switch off both bands and confirm before exit.
  • I then connected each of my Deco satellite nodes directly to the Sky Q box via cable.
Not the most elegant solution as you can't connect the Sky Q box wirelessly to the internet, but it worked for me.