New Taylormade Gear

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the key observation was that the new M1 is even more forgiving than the original M1, he hit off the top a few times and the toe and was still carrying very decent distances so the miss hits weren't destroying, this is why I'm interested in changing now to the M1 from my SLDR.

I'm in a similar position, but with the M2. I put my Black Tie in it when I was trying it the other day and it was smashing the ball. I'm interested in the new M2 as the current one goes like a bomb, if it is not really any better then I will get a great bargain the old one.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've only seen his M2 review and he wasn't exactly bombing that, his figures seemed way down compared to what he usually gets.

Just watched the review and he kept saying he wasn't catching it out of the middle. But what I did notice as how consistent his distances where. So if he hits it several times and doesn't catch it properly, but is still whacking it 290 yards, what will his distances be like after a proper fitting for it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe.
But with nearly 200k YouTube subscribers and nearly 40k followers on Twitter plus all the other outlets it's a huge oversight on TMs part.
Many don't like Rick Shiels style but he got some....

However he claims he didn't even know taylormade where launching a new product? Shows he isn't that bright considering it's been leaked for weeks and all the other you tubers were invited

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
I cant help but think this is all a bit of a money making move by TM.

with the original M1/M2 they must have set out thinking the M1 was the cream of the crop, with a higher price tag more features etc, but then when the M2 was released it actually performed just as well as the M1 for a lot less money - with a lot of tour pros even choosing the M2 over the M1.

From the reviews of the new M1/M2 it appears the M1 performs the same as the old version but the M2 doesn't, it seems worse? Its almost like they have stripped back the performance of the cheaper M2 that was selling incredibly well to try and boost sales of the more expensive M1?

Does that make sense?? makes sense in my mind, but my minds a mess...

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was impressed with Crossfields invisible M1/M2 club review, quite entertaining.
I haven't watched him for a while but I think he's just become my new favourite.

[video=youtube_share;rsB5X0hnp6c]https://youtu.be/rsB5X0hnp6c[/video]

I wonder why he wasn't on on the flight to the launch with Finch & co, they could've had a nice Youtubers holiday in Florida together..

Last edited:

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

with the original M1/M2 they must have set out thinking the M1 was the cream of the crop, with a higher price tag more features etc, but then when the M2 was released it actually performed just as well as the M1 for a lot less money - with a lot of tour pros even choosing the M2 over the M1.

From the reviews of the new M1/M2 it appears the M1 performs the same as the old version but the M2 doesn't, it seems worse? Its almost like they have stripped back the performance of the cheaper M2 that was selling incredibly well to try and boost sales of the more expensive M1?

No, sorry, makes no sense whatsoever
You're saying Taylormade have set out to deliberately make a new driver very much inferior, to the previous version, to boost sales of another model
Crazy

The reason why most pros pick M2 over the M1 is possibly down to the fact that these pros don't need the adjustability the M1 offers.......

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The reason why most pros pick M2 over the M1 is possibly down to the fact that these pros don't need the adjustability the M1 offers.......

most pros aren't using the m2. its split quite evenly between the two. i have personally had my hands on and hit a European tour players m2 and its completely different to the m2 available to us. it may look almost identical but that's about it. the m2 i hit gave me identical results to my m1. this is strange as i went for the m1because the m2 it spun its Nutts off for me with too high launch.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was impressed with Crossfields invisible M1/M2 club review, quite entertaining.
I haven't watched him for a while but I think he's just become my new favourite.

[video=youtube_share;rsB5X0hnp6c]https://youtu.be/rsB5X0hnp6c[/video]

I wonder why he wasn't on on the flight to the launch with Finch & co, they could've had a nice Youtubers holiday in Florida together..

the video was 5 minutes 25 seconds of him throwing his toys out the pram and sulking

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Hahahahaha.....probably sour because him and coach didnt get an all expenses paid trip to Miami. Did you see that Trilby Tour dude (Seb) has a golf youtube channel now and he was there. In fairness to Crossfield, that dude only has about 10 videos's up and he still managed to blag the trip.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just comes as a bigger knob than I had him down for in the first place, he thinks he has some god given right to receiving them free to give an independent view, well he hasn't!

If I was TM I wouldn't send him squat in the future after watching that video.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just comes as a bigger knob than I had him down for in the first place, he thinks he has some god given right to receiving them free to give an independent view, well he hasn't!

If I was TM I wouldn't send him squat in the future after watching that video.

I literally refuse to watch his videos. Think he's an absolute mobo who lacks any form of professionalism or class.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I literally refuse to watch his videos. Think he's an absolute mobo who lacks any form of professionalism or class.

Agreed

I love watching videos on golf. I subscribe to Pete Finch, Rick Sheils and Me & my golf TV. Enjoy all those videos but I cant STAND watching crossfield.. he thinks he is hilarious. Reminds me of the class clown who never grew up

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Callaway are bringing out a new driver too, called the GBB epic. Its getting very good reviews when matched against the old M1.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'll stick with my Aeroburner I think. It suits me, I hit it well and I don't have any real reason to change it.

Better things I could spend money on.

I have an Aeroburner driver too which I hit well. Good club - no need for me to change either.

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site

It does kind of make sense, I personally think this wouldn't be the case. Surely people would opt for the old M2 rather than the new one if this was the case?