Get Fitted For The New TaylorMade Qi10 Driver With Golf Monthly!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Chap in our 4-ball today had a Qi10 driver.
I had a go on the 17th. I hit my Cobra F Speed well, then had a go after everyone else had played their shots.
Hit it well. I like the trajectory and the general feeling. I suspected that there wouldn't be much difference.
Owner said he suspected "technology" of past 20 years would make a difference. Cobra had gone 6 yards further. Both balls next to their pitch marks. Both straight down the middle.
I liked it though. Perhaps with a bit of practice, I would do better with it. Would have been very interesting to do a proper comparison for GM.
Never mind.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chap in our 4-ball today had a Qi10 driver.
I had a go on the 17th. I hit my Cobra F Speed well, then had a go after everyone else had played their shots.
Hit it well. I like the trajectory and the general feeling. I suspected that there wouldn't be much difference.
Owner said he suspected "technology" of past 20 years would make a difference. Cobra had gone 6 yards further. Both balls next to their pitch marks. Both straight down the middle.
I liked it though. Perhaps with a bit of practice, I would do better with it. Would have been very interesting to do a proper comparison for GM.
Never mind.

A few guys down my club have got the 3 wood and are getting very good numbers compared to their old ones. Maybe better suited to them? I dunno but they definitely are getting more length and a nice flight

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I thought we might have some posts from the chosen few by now?
Well I left West Hill smiling from ear to ear! not sure if it was the fitting, the club or the surroundings! Hoping for a big box in the post soon.

Was a brilliant experience. The Qi10 was a marked improvement on my current driver an I'm a very happy bunny! I'll report back with shiny pics when the new toy arrives!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm just relieved that I wasn't chosen because I'd have had to cancel due to my knee problems.
I'll wait for and, hopefully, win an iron fitting instead. ;) :whistle:

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The fitting was great. The fitter worked hard to find the best driver for me. In the end I gained 5 yards carry with a much tighter dispersion compared to my current Sim Max. The ball flight seemed better too. I can't wait to get it out on my home course. Also, West Hill looks like an amazing course. Will need to get back there for a game soon.

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Sorry for the radio silence folks, but the winners were chosen and the event has come to an end.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The fitting was great. The fitter worked hard to find the best driver for me. In the end I gained 5 yards carry with a much tighter dispersion compared to my current Sim Max. The ball flight seemed better too. I can't wait to get it out on my home course. Also, West Hill looks like an amazing course. Will need to get back there for a game soon.
Was your previous driver fitted?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This honestly reads like something they wrote for you to say to camera. 😂

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just watched Rick Shiels comparison with the Taylormade Qi10 driver and the 3 year old Taylormade Sim Max driver.

Sim Max came out longer and with better dispersion.

Be interesting to hear from you guys that won the fitting to see if the Qi10 is better than your current drivers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watched Rick Shiels comparison with the Taylormade Qi10 driver and the 3 year old Taylormade Sim Max driver.

Be interesting to hear from you guys that won the fitting to see if the Qi10 is better than your current drivers.
Shiels is going to be on the TaylorMade no-fly list along with Crossfield if he's not careful!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

When the youth tested the Qi10 last week, he wasn't enamored with it. Callaway performed better - and felt and sounded better.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know people who love the Q10
In fact , even with the wrong shaft I buttoned one.

Head, shaft and weighting will be different for everyone.

I take your point there will be some that love the Q10, but a club that doesn’t perform better than a 3 year old club and at twice the price does make you wonder is it worth it.

That’s why I will be interested to hear from the guys that won the fitting