New Taylormade Gear

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a quick squint at the Rick Shiels video this morning. He hit it pretty much the same as the old m1. Interesting use if the old Nike colour though.

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a quick squint at the Rick Shiels video this morning. He hit it pretty much the same as the old m1. Interesting use if the old Nike colour though.

He was comfortably 15yards shorter with the new M1 than his review with the old one. I know he hits it more within himself now, but not a chance has he lost that much yardage

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was comfortably 15yards shorter with the new M1 than his review with the old one. I know he hits it more within himself now, but not a chance has he lost that much yardage

I've only seen his M2 review and he wasn't exactly bombing that, his figures seemed way down compared to what he usually gets.

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The price of a driver is just obscene.

I would never pay more than £180 for a new club, no matter how good they tell it will be.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
still surprised their being sold off.. best drivers on the market.. best pros using them (including rory now for free!)

saying that I prefer the old M2 to the new M2 looks wise.. but im biased

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
still surprised their being sold off.. best drivers on the market.. best pros using them (including rory now for free!)

Having a good product doesn't mean you have a good business.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Picked up an M1 3 wood at weekend. Very impressed and I would be surprised if the new one is any better or if it is, if it's worth the extra cost over the discounts being offered for the old model.

D

Deleted member 1147

I've only seen his M2 review and he wasn't exactly bombing that, his figures seemed way down compared to what he usually gets.

Anything to do with when he's testing it; the ball going less far in winter?

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the M1 in the bag all year. Very good bit of kit, but I would say that. Had good gains over my G30 Tour which I loved.

I do love the white\carbon crown look, even though I was never a big fan of white drivers. Just looks good sitting behind the ball.

I think the struggle they are going to have with the new one is that the M1 and M2 were so popular they will struggle to get people to move again, as the new ones don't seem to have moved the game on far enough.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site

there is no way rory has put that club in his bag for free. there's something happening with tm. its too coincidental for me that most of the nike staffers have gone tm!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anything to do with when he's testing it; the ball going less far in winter?

Using GC2 so wont make any difference at all other than maybe the fact he's not as 'warm and loose' as he would be in the summer, but i am sure its negligible

He confirmed he will be doing a like for like in the near future

D

Deleted member 1147

Sorry, didn't know about the technology used, just trying to think of possible reasons. Otherwise you'd expect they'd make improvements of some sort.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry, didn't know about the technology used, just trying to think of possible reasons. Otherwise you'd expect they'd make improvements of some sort.

by his own admission he's lost a little length this year (through choice), so i doubt he's comparing apples with apples. just have to wait for the actual head to head