Colourful / designed balls

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
They look horrendous... Id rather it be a full colour ball than those stupid things all over it, looks far to busy..

Got bought a dozen pink and dozen matte blue Volvik S4 for Christmas 2018.. Basically kids bought me balls in their fave colours.. The blue ones I tried for 1 round and lost 2 of them in 9 holes barely missed fairways just couldn't see the bloody things so consigned them to practise bag, pink ones were nice around the greens but with the driver again couldn't see the flight...
i use a pink Callaway in the winter and thats the only ball i can see right off the club, but summer white ball every time, though if Titleist did a pink Prov1 a would use it ... or at least use the ones i found walking the dog:LOL:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21258

If I found one on the course, I would play with it, just like any other ball I found.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Not a fan of the orange black colour way personally, but they may offer other colours later. Apart from looking like a TM Truvis, and helping with spotting the ball, the main point seems to be that if you line it up with the logo and putt, you will effectively see two parallel lines as the ball rolls. Not quite like the new Callaway ball with the three lines in place before you hit the ball, but an aid to see whether you are hitting straight putts. If I find one, will give it a go, but not going out of my way to buy them, the white balls I currently use already have an aim guide.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I started using DX2 Soft in white 18 months or so ago, ball suits me. Tried a a few of the colours and now use either the orange or green in winter. I made the mistake of buying 2 dozen blue, impossible to see in the air and on the ground. I found a red DX2 once and used it for a few holes and found it very easy to see, but I'm not sure I'd ever buy any.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I started using DX2 Soft in white 18 months or so ago, ball suits me. Tried a a few of the colours and now use either the orange or green in winter. I made the mistake of buying 2 dozen blue, impossible to see in the air and on the ground. I found a red DX2 once and used it for a few holes and found it very easy to see, but I'm not sure I'd ever buy any.
If the red Dx2 is easy to see......how did someone lose it:unsure:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big fan of the orange DX2/Optix ball as I find the matt orange colour so easy to pick up in flight and in the rough. Like a few others, I tried the blue ones and gave up after 2 holes as I nearly lost the ball on the fairway.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Big fan of the orange DX2/Optix ball as I find the matt orange colour so easy to pick up in flight and in the rough. Like a few others, I tried the blue ones and gave up after 2 holes as I nearly lost the ball on the fairway.
I still have two sleeves of the yellow Optix sat at home never to be used. The matte finish was too dull, they just blended in nicely with the dry grass in summer. Anything in the rough was lost. I was playing a pairs match with them once and my playing partner actually ordered me to stop using them after the second time I lost the ball only a couple of yards off the fairway. :LOL:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I like the look of Truvis balls but absolutely detest the feel and performance of the Chrome Soft.

I really like the tp5 so I'd happily use this new creation. TP5 is the ball I use as fallback if I don't have any Snell in the bag/on order.

sunshine

Visit site
I had a Pro V1x truvis a long time ago (had a pale blue pattern). The ball didn't look bigger to me, and it didn't help me hit it, because we hit a static ball in golf.

But it was great around the greens, because you could see the spin and how the green contours affected the roll much more clearly. By improving my understanding of how the ball reacted on the greens, I felt it had the potential to improve my green reading skills, especially when chipping.

I only had one ball, so the experiment was short lived, and I'm not really a fan of Callaway balls. But I'd use a TP5, so hopefully I'll find some this year!

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Have you tried the Green?
I can pick up a dozen for £12 in Green or Red and really tempted to try a new colour.

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
I don't really get the concept of using a green ball to play golf on green grass. Surely that's the worst colour??
I was thinking that but looking at them its a bright neon green, but yeah green on green seems a bit too close. Might try the red as they are cheaper.

Springveldt

Visit site
Loads of truvis for sale on golf depot.
No wonder with all the manufacturing issues with them. I wouldn't go near them.

Just bought some Bridgestone Tour RX in yellow to try out. Looking at the MyGolfSpy ball test last year they seem very similar to the AVX which I was wanting to try out.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I once for a laugh used the Volvik Black ball which was so annoying but in the air you could see it no bother - just when it landed.

I can see the use for different colours and I am a fan of the Tru Vis. As for the white ball dying I don't see that happening anytime soon.