Colourful / designed balls

carldudley

Visit site
Thoughts on these?

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/gear/gear-news/taylormade-tp5-pix-balls-unveiled-191181

Have to say this one is a bit better than the previous version (in my opinion).

Mygolfspy asked an interesting question - is the white golf ball dying out?

Personally I'd say no, I do see Titleist doing a funky version of the ProV1 anytime soon. But I do like that we have the option other than white/yellow - even though I'm not a football fan, I do like the look of the Callaway Truvis

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thoughts on these?

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/gear/gear-news/taylormade-tp5-pix-balls-unveiled-191181

Have to say this one is a bit better than the previous version (in my opinion).

Mygolfspy asked an interesting question - is the white golf ball dying out?

Personally I'd say no, I do see Titleist doing a funky version of the ProV1 anytime soon. But I do like that we have the option other than white/yellow - even though I'm not a football fan, I do like the look of the Callaway Truvis
You mean in looks? I think it looks bizarre.

Not sure why you would say the white golf ball is dying out. Firstly, that one is still white, and secondly, white must still be the overwhelming leader in sales mustn't it? Back when I was using the DX2 they brought out the Optix, I tried the orange, yellow and pink versions. Pink was impossible to see in the air (too dark) yellow was impossible to see on the ground (faded too quickly and looked too similar to dying grass colour) and orange was just ok in both aspects - but white was still the clear winner over all of them. Haven't been tempted to go back to coloured golf balls since.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Callaway balls sales more than 70% are now not white balls. That's staggering.

The Mygolfspy article is an excellent well written and thought out piece.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strangely enough, if they had said Dechambeau had imput in the design I would have accepted it more, but Fowler...I just see te use of orange as his thing and of no structural value.

I get the making the ball look bigger by having colour on it in a pattern, but thats all.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's the latest thing that Taylor Made are copying off Callaway. I remember that the bloke who invented TruVis got an awful lot of stick on the old ModSquadGolf forum. It looks like he's had the last laugh.
I'm not worried either way.

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
I use yellow as I can see them a lot better. I can understand other coulours like orange and neon green but red and blue?
Not sure how they would work visability wise. just my opinion.

Wolf

Visit site
They look horrendous... Id rather it be a full colour ball than those stupid things all over it, looks far to busy..

Got bought a dozen pink and dozen matte blue Volvik S4 for Christmas 2018.. Basically kids bought me balls in their fave colours.. The blue ones I tried for 1 round and lost 2 of them in 9 holes barely missed fairways just couldn't see the bloody things so consigned them to practise bag, pink ones were nice around the greens but with the driver again couldn't see the flight...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The orange balls are great for visibility in winter, white wins the rest of the year for me.

Balls like the ones from TM are a bit of a gimmick but I'm okay with them. You will certainly know which is your ball when you walk up to it, you are unlikely to play someone else's. Personally I like the callaway version more but that is personal preference.

micklson66

Visit site
I find them distracting, especially when putting.
At this time of year i sometimes play a yellow ball but preference will always be white

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I like chipping with the truvis. You can really see the spin. Given I often use the TP5X, I might give these a try when they are on sale due to being unpopular later in the year.

micklson66

Visit site
The other thing i would say is that as far as I'm aware there are no Pro's on the tour that play with them so i doubt there is any benefit to them