Colourful / designed balls

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought some colored DX2 early last year when they were half price, got orange,red and blue. Blue is a complete waste of time, can’t see it in the air or on the ground hence I have most of them left wondering what to do with them. Red was better but not easy to spot if the whole ball wasn’t visible and orange was lovely, may get some more of them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought some colored DX2 early last year when they were half price, got orange,red and blue. Blue is a complete waste of time, can’t see it in the air or on the ground hence I have most of them left wondering what to do with them. Red was better but not easy to spot if the whole ball wasn’t visible and orange was lovely, may get some more of them.
Orange is the clear winner for them then. As I said earlier, the yellow and pink versions were no good for me but orange was better.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No wonder with all the manufacturing issues with them. I wouldn't go near them.

Just bought some Bridgestone Tour RX in yellow to try out. Looking at the MyGolfSpy ball test last year they seem very similar to the AVX which I was wanting to try out.
AVX are a nice ball until you want to stop it on a firm green.
Won’t see one of them for a while though!

Springveldt

Visit site
AVX are a nice ball until you want to stop it on a firm green.
Won’t see one of them for a while though!
I'm a pretty high spin player as my tendency is to get too shallow on the ball with too much dynamic loft. Had a lesson last year to help and I hit down on it more now but thought I would still give them a go. Our greens rarely get hard enough even in the summer to not stop the ball when you are hitting it 40 yards in the air with a 5 iron.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a pretty high spin player as my tendency is to get too shallow on the ball with too much dynamic loft. Had a lesson last year to help and I hit down on it more now but thought I would still give them a go. Our greens rarely get hard enough even in the summer to not stop the ball when you are hitting it 40 yards in the air with a 5 iron.
My course has a few elevated greens which do dry out in summer.
AVX is longer than the pro v1x but definitely spins less of irons.
If you spin it a lot it will be a good fit.

sunshine

Visit site

How did this ball get through product testing? Sounds crazy that a manufacturer would release a green or blue invisible ball. What next? Camouflage?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How did this ball get through product testing? Sounds crazy that a manufacturer would release a green or blue invisible ball. What next? Camouflage?
I have seen black golf balls before which I thought was ridiculous. Maybe as a prank gift for someone at Christmas - but they were made by Volvik and priced the same as their normal balls! Forget that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yep, seen the black Volvik balls. Really can't see how they can help especially in mud or long grass? Goes back to golfers and their money being easily parted and some will buy anything. Volvik clearly saw a market for them

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I would use orange or yellow in autumn so I could find them amongst the silver birch leaves on our course. Trying to find the white ball in that lot drove me scatty this year.
Otherwise, white .