Recommendations for new Driver

RedKing

Visit site
I just meant someone who doesn't know much more than yourself but they're winging it. I've certainly had that from an AG fitting, as I say, I just ignored him and drew my own conclusions.
In a business that size, there will be newer staff that won’t be as knowledgable as others etc. They use the same fitting training as the PGA does. So with experience along with that training they should be as good as anyone.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In a business that size, there will be newer staff that won’t be as knowledgable as others etc. They use the same fitting training as the PGA does. So with experience along with that training they should be as good as anyone.
It was already clear before you clarified that you work for them or at least are a very big fan, so we'll draw a line under it there. All I'll say is your mileage may vary, and you can't speak for the fitters of every AG branch in the country. Some of them will be poor and that was some of our experiences.

Reactions: sjw

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Static measurements are merely a guide. And Almost impossible to measure up wrong 😅

Might be interesting to book a fitting nowadays and make a more updated judgement.

My own business “years and years” ago was not as good as it is now. Times change.

I’ve worked for several brands and retailers over the year, AG being one of them in the past. Can honestly say I would never have been told to falsify data.
I have been fitted for lots of clubs over the years including some demo days for Golf Monthly and with some of the top brands at their flag ship centres. I've been to demo days at my club and local ranges and been fitted by several club pros. The American Golf experience was miles away from anything at any level. You clearly seem to have some form of agenda having giving you the facts. I also have experience of how AG has worked in the past especially at a local store and it is clearly different to your own. I've said my piece so not pursuing this any further

RedKing

Visit site
I have been fitted for lots of clubs over the years including some demo days for Golf Monthly and with some of the top brands at their flag ship centres. I've been to demo days at my club and local ranges and been fitted by several club pros. The American Golf experience was miles away from anything at any level. You clearly seem to have some form of agenda having giving you the facts. I also have experience of how AG has worked in the past especially at a local store and it is clearly different to your own. I've said my piece so not pursuing this any further
The whole point of a forum is discuss experiences and opinions. We’re all allowed to have one. Just because it doesn’t fit the narrative doesn’t mean we can’t talk about it.
It was already clear before you clarified that you work for them or at least are a very big fan, so we'll draw a line under it there. All I'll say is your mileage may vary, and you can't speak for the fitters of every AG branch in the country. Some of them will be poor and that was some of our experiences.
Worked for in the past**

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The whole point of a forum is discuss experiences and opinions. We’re all allowed to have one. Just because it doesn’t fit the narrative doesn’t mean we can’t talk about it.
Indeed but you posted questioning that I don't trust all the monitors mentioned. I explained why and you declared your AG "conflict of interest". The fact that I am not alone shows there can be good and bad experiences and we've had bad ones

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyway, back on topic…

The OP seems to have indicated that the shaft has snapped, so let the man have a new driver.

For the sort of money mentioned, I’d look at the ping g400/g410 or g425, whatever your budget will stretch to. On the Taylormade side, I believe the successors to your current club include the likes of the m2 and sim/sim2, they should all be in your budget and are very good drivers.

Good thing is that there’s a very strong second hand market at the moment, and so as long as you don’t over pay in the first place, you’ll usually get most of your money back if it doesn’t suit you and you move it on.