New Taylormade Gear

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I have watched most of the youtubers from the early days. Always liked crossfields reviews. But he does less and less of them. All well and good him playing the I'm impartial card and claiming to do it for the viewers. But in practice he's at it as much as the rest.

He's been flown out to callaway in the past and now "games" their ball at their cost not his.

Hes also happy to spray your golf travel all over his page. I think he likes to try and take a morale high ground or at least a perceived one.

I like finch best best of all, he seems the most likeable to me. Less annoying gimmicks and actually seems keen to explore ways to improve and pass them on.

Rick, whilst still entertaining in the main, does seem to be of the ilk of "I caught a fish and it was this big". Not sure I've seen too many droves of his that hit 300 when he's on a course and yet he doesn't hit less than that ever on a gc2....

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
His cheap launch monitor that "sees" the ball for a couple of centimetres is saying he carries it 280 yards and hits it 310. I wonder what he does in the real world?

Pretty much just said. His equipment is expensive and his on course blogs back up his distance I sat and worked out him vs Pete vs me and my golf video once worked out their distance off tee to remaining and was pretty much averaging 270-280 carry

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I have watched most of the youtubers from the early days. Always liked crossfields reviews. But he does less and less of them. All well and good him playing the I'm impartial card and claiming to do it for the viewers. But in practice he's at it as much as the rest.

He's been flown out to callaway in the past and now "games" their ball at their cost not his.

Hes also happy to spray your golf travel all over his page. I think he likes to try and take a morale high ground or at least a perceived one.

I like finch best best of all, he seems the most likeable to me. Less annoying gimmicks and actually seems keen to explore ways to improve and pass them on.

Rick, whilst still entertaining in the main, does seem to be of the ilk of "I caught a fish and it was this big". Not sure I've seen too many droves of his that hit 300 when he's on a course and yet he doesn't hit less than that ever on a gc2....

I'd agree with that a lot. Having said that Rick's latest M1/2 reviews were a bit dialed back in that he said he was not trying to smash them out the park. But I totally agree someone reviewing a club by just smashing it miles on a launch monitor is not that useful to anyone. I'd say more on course reviews would be a good way to go to at least make them a bit more realistic.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The only way any sort of moral high ground could be gained would be if their vids had a rolling banner at the bottom with a list of commercial interests.

'This review of TM clubs was made after spending 5 days on an all-expenses paid trip to somewhere sunny and to which I won't be invited next year if I say it's no better than the last one'.

'I am being paid good money to use these balls which I'm telling you are really good'.

This will never happen. And despite their protestations of even-handedness, tells us all we need to know about how it all works. Many of them are nice blokes etc etc, but none of them are beyond a bit of gentle nudging from the big boys with the chequebooks.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only way any sort of moral high ground could be gained would be if their vids had a rolling banner at the bottom with a list of commercial interests.

'This review of TM clubs was made after spending 5 days on an all-expenses paid trip to somewhere sunny and to which I won't be invited next year if I say it's no better than the last one'.

'I am being paid good money to use these balls which I'm telling you are really good'.

This will never happen. And despite their protestations of even-handedness, tells us all we need to know about how it all works. Many of them are nice blokes etc etc, but none of them are beyond a bit of gentle nudging from the big boys with the chequebooks.

Dont believe me and my golf review Taylormade gear they just play with it

they both sponsored by tm and they just do videos on golf never reviewing

Rick and Pete review more

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Dont believe me and my golf review Taylormade gear they just play with it

they both sponsored by tm and they just do videos on golf never reviewing

Rick and Pete review more

Theyre still advertising it. They're doing nowt wrong, but of course they're is a commercial value to them always being plastered in Tm and adidas gear. Just like Finch in Galvin green. Although it's only me and my golf that I've not seen admit they get free stuff, although I watch less of their stuff. Think the tutorials are good so watch the odd tip. But find them less interesting on vlogs

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Theyre still advertising it. They're doing nowt wrong, but of course they're is a commercial value to them always being plastered in Tm and adidas gear. Just like Finch in Galvin green. Although it's only me and my golf that I've not seen admit they get free stuff, although I watch less of their stuff. Think the tutorials are good so watch the odd tip. But find them less interesting on vlogs

I love their challenge tuesdays .. good laugh

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having played with Shiels and Finch, they both get it out there. Rick Shiels probably isn't too far shy of an average of 270 yards or so with the odd one longer and can get it out 300+. Peter Finch is however longer, and I'd say an average nearer 280-285 and definitely capable of more than the odd one over 300 yards

Fish

Banned
Visit site
His cheap launch monitor that "sees" the ball for a couple of centimetres is saying he carries it 280 yards and hits it 310. I wonder what he does in the real world?

I've been lucky to play with/against Rick and this numbers are about right, even in the poor conditions we had at West Hill, however, my partner Peter Finch was longer and more consistently straight finding far more fairways off the tee just shy of 300 yards.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Having played with Shiels and Finch, they both get it out there. Rick Shiels probably isn't too far shy of an average of 270 yards or so with the odd one longer and can get it out 300+. Peter Finch is however longer, and I'd say an average nearer 280-285 and definitely capable of more than the odd one over 300 yards

I think those numbers are about right. And tbf recently he seems more realistic on track man. In his early days he was clearly using a tracking system with a tailwimd, downhill on a warm day when he was doing vids for driver face offs. Winning with 300 plus each time.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think those numbers are about right. And tbf recently he seems more realistic on track man. In his early days he was clearly using a tracking system with a tailwimd, downhill on a warm day when he was doing vids for driver face offs. Winning with 300 plus each time.

he has been working on his swing to be more controlled aswell rather than just smashing it all time

more consistant golf rather than pure distance

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

he has been working on his swing to be more controlled aswell rather than just smashing it all time

more consistant golf rather than pure distance

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If Taylormade don't find a buyer they could be no more soon.

Adidas have been trying to sell them, now their latest offerings look exactly the same, offer nothing new and cost a fortune.

D

Deleted member 15344

If Taylormade don't find a buyer they could be no more soon.

Adidas have been trying to sell them, now their latest offerings look exactly the same, offer nothing new and cost a fortune.

Taylormade won't be going anywhere - Adidas aren't "desperate" to sell and will continue to develop clubs etc

Their latest offerings will still be bought by a lot of people despite their price

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crossfield continues to do himself no favours with TM going forward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6fz_MG5fzk
So basically he made a video about it (whilst away on some jolly with another company by the look of it) .... and now continues to go on and on and on about it.
Nobody likes the limelight, and the sound of his own cackling, as much as this guy!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So basically he made a video about it (whilst away on some jolly with another company by the look of it) .... and now continues to go on and on and on about it.
Nobody likes the limelight, and the sound of his own cackling, as much as this guy!

Just watched his videos to see all the latest fuss. One little dig and it would have been fair enough. But he is looking a little silly now. He's always had an issue with them and their regular releases (whilst happy to have callaways balls).

I recall him slamming the sldr campaign only to gain yards when they got him to try it.