F1 2019

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
No the point is I don't care for bike racing in any form and this thread is immediately hijacked by people telling us how crap f1 is and how great bike racing is.
No! Really!? I like lots of Motorsport and used to love watching the F1 but I think F1 has developed itself into a corner.
I'll glad you haven't tried to retaliate by hijacking the MotoGP thread.
i just think you don't like anyone disagreeing with you.

Last edited:

WillC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bahrain up next and it will be another warm one.
Looks like Lewis picked up floor damage on lap 4 that impeded his pace and he was happy enough in the end to bring it home in 2nd.
The Ferraris can't be as poor again can they? Let's hope they red bull get both cars in to q3 this time 😂
Interesting regarding Ferrari that Hamilton was saying how he still expects them to be really fast and it to be close this season. Mind games perhaps, but I hope it’s true like you say and it’s really close!

Good point about Red Bull, with Verstappen coming third perhaps a surprise, be good to have them up there too!

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There was some talk that part of the reason for the Ferraris being slow was due to the bumpiness of the street circuit in Australia. They were very fast on the "normal" circuit in Barcelona. If that theory has any legs then they should be fast this weekend.

Also, interesting but very nerdy aerodynamics article here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47527705 It appears that Ferrari and Mercedes have gone a fundamentally different route, and one that will be expensive to reverse once the correct direction is found.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
There was some talk that part of the reason for the Ferraris being slow was due to the bumpiness of the street circuit in Australia. They were very fast on the "normal" circuit in Barcelona. If that theory has any legs then they should be fast this weekend.

Also, interesting but very nerdy aerodynamics article here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47527705 It appears that Ferrari and Mercedes have gone a fundamentally different route, and one that will be expensive to reverse once the correct direction is found.
I remember reading that article and also an earlier one which hypothesised that based on pre-season testing Ferrari had stolen a march on the opposition. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

It does make interesting reading, i had also seen it mentioned that the cooler temps during winter testing had also been a factor for ferraris good pace. Its going to be pretty hot in Bahrain this weekend,

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Hands up, I really enjoyed that race today. Full of incident. If they were all like that I'd be back as a regular viewer
Yeah excellent race, I don't buy that point of view though. Every sport has boring and indifferent days.
Hard going on leclerc, was well in control untill his engine problems. Looks like vettel still can't cope with actual racing 🤣

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeup a good race.
I felt sorry for Leclerc.
I've liked him since I first saw him interviewed last year when he came across as a friendly, cheerful and even humble driver........unlike some I could mention who drive for RB

Should be a good season

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As much as I dislike Ferrari I'm a big fan of Leclerc, you could see in the more junior formulas just how good he is, I've got no doubt he will be world champion in the next few years (and he's not even French, he's Monegasque, which makes it OK to like him;)). The only question is when do Ferrari stop giving Vettel preferential treatment?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yeup a good race.
I felt sorry for Leclerc.
I've liked him since I first saw him interviewed last year when he came across as a friendly, cheerful and even humble driver........unlike some I could mention who drive for RB
Should be a good season

You really dislike him, don't you Bob???

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Bloody race is a procession.
I want LH to win the WC but Monaco is a joke of a "race" circuit.
I could win it in an ice cream van if I made it to the 1st corner leading from the start.
Worst race on the calendar, although thankfully Canada next. Which is the most exciting in my opinion.

Shame Ferrari can’t seem to get there act together to make it an interesting title battle, and Bottas doesn’t seem capable of keeping up with LH over a season.

U

User62651

Will Hamilton push to get past Schumacher's record? Looks a good chance of 6 titles the way this season is going and he's only 34.
Wins this year you'd have to think he'll try for 2 more.
What's old for a F1 driver?

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Michael Schumacher won his last F1 championship aged 35...
Fangio was 46.... I think that is all irrelevant though. Lewis still looks like he has 3-5 seasons left, at least. I think he COULD do it, but don’t think he will. Mercedes won’t maintain this form, and then his appetite may decline.