What would you do in this situation?

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
AD3 MAC reg, by any chance?
I actually lease a couple of motors, pay a bit over the odds but I don’t like buying new cars, they lose value too quickly for my liking and are a terrible way to spend 30k+ in my opinion. I’d rather have cars that are only ever up to 2 years old and in warranty.

I’ve also got a 10 year old son who can be a bit noisy and over animated at times, he does have learning difficulties though but it could easily be perceived as bad behaviour.
I don’t think the OP would like me much 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Part of the lottery of using a range I'm afraid but the mother was so far in the wrong. Not much more you could have done. Perhaps a word to the management on the way out? I admire your patience as I'd have been having words a long time before especially if there other bays that could have been used

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I actually lease a couple of motors, pay a bit over the odds but I don’t like buying new cars, they lose value too quickly for my liking and are a terrible way to spend 30k+ in my opinion. I’d rather have cars that are only ever up to 2 years old and in warranty.

I’ve also got a 10 year old son who can be a bit noisy and over animated at times, he does have learning difficulties though but it could easily be perceived as bad behaviour.
I don’t think the OP would like me much 😂

This is fantastic man maths :)

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
😂😂 definitely!

I do the same thing! When it comes down to it, no one needs to justify how they spend their money to anyone else (unless relying on handouts!). I want a nice car because I like cars so I've got one. It's expensive, but it's not a waste of money because I take great enjoyment from driving it.

Private plates are a decent investment though, or can be at least!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
😂😂 definitely!
But I don’t lose as much money on them as I have on the new cars I have brought in the past.
Spent a fortune on private plates though 🙈

My boss leases and his argument is say you pay 30k for a car

He pays the same but in that time I have had one car that gets older and he has had like 12 of them whilst I'd still be on that same car (if it was 24 years ) for example lol

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Each to their own I say, let’s not be too judgemental of people because of their cars, that’s bordering on insanity in my opinion!

Not every parent gets everything right 100% of the time, not every child has immaculate behaviour 100% of the time, that’s just how it is.

If you can’t accept that and you want to start assuming people’s behaviour because of the car they drive and the number plate they have, then your post deserves to be flooded by blokes talking about cars!😂

We need kids to take up this game that we all love so that it continues to grow. We need to accept that kids sometimes do the wrong things but we can help them. Let’s try and build them up instead of knocking them down.
Maybe put your important practice session to one side, have a chat to the lad and his mother and ask if they know much about golf?
Would they like a few pointers etc?

Kids aren’t worse today than ever before, they just have more opportunity at places like driving ranges so it gets noticed more. Kids would have messed about in the 70’s at driving ranges given the chance but it just wasn’t available to them.

If the scenario really was as bad as the OP made out and the mother was horrific then I get his annoyance, but reading between the lines I highly doubt that it was considering the assumptions he has made post incident.

It’s nice to be nice, try it out 👍🏻

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Each to their own I say, let’s not be too judgemental of people because of their cars, that’s bordering on insanity in my opinion!

Not every parent gets everything right 100% of the time, not every child has immaculate behaviour 100% of the time, that’s just how it is.

If you can’t accept that and you want to start assuming people’s behaviour because of the car they drive and the number plate they have, then your post deserves to be flooded by blokes talking about cars!😂

We need kids to take up this game that we all love so that it continues to grow. We need to accept that kids sometimes do the wrong things but we can help them. Let’s try and build them up instead of knocking them down.
Maybe put your important practice session to one side, have a chat to the lad and his mother and ask if they know much about golf?

Kids aren’t worse today than ever before, they just have more opportunity at places like driving ranges so it gets noticed more. Kids would have messed about in the 70’s at driving ranges given the chance but it just wasn’t available to them.

If the scenario really was as bad as the OP made out and the mother was horrific then I get his annoyance, but reading between the lines I highly doubt that it was considering the assumptions he has made post incident.

Dunno think kids are 100 times worse than when I was that age and I'm only 32.. knife crime through the roof

I clocked eyes accidently with some young lady on train yest and just moved my head .. suddenly she in my face literally giving middle finger

Wouldn't have dreamed of doing that ever.. someone would have chucked me off the train lol

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Dunno think kids are 100 times worse than when I was that age and I'm only 32.. knife crime through the roof

I clocked eyes accidently with some young lady on train yest and just moved my head .. suddenly she in my face literally giving middle finger

Wouldn't have dreamed of doing that ever.. someone would have chucked me off the train lol

Maybe in certain areas.
Difficult one with knife crime, I’d say it’s more older teenagers than the kids (10 ish years old) in this post but yeah I totally see what you are saying.
BUT.... knife crime and violence in children is 95% happening in the poorest areas of our country and SOMETIMES it seems like every child is being tarred with the same brush.
Now if that ten year old pulled a knife on the OP then it would be a different story, but that’s never likely to happen at a driving range when the child is with his mother, yet that child is being judged against the idea that kids nowadays are terrible.
I have 6 teachers in my family at various schools and I see so much good happening in teaching and so much better behaviour from the children than say 25 years ago and I just think kids these days are getting a hard deal.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe in certain areas.
Difficult one with knife crime, I’d say it’s more older teenagers than the kids (10 ish years old) in this post but yeah I totally see what you are saying.
BUT.... knife crime and violence in children is 95% happening in the poorest areas of our country and SOMETIMES it seems like every child is being tarred with the same brush.
Now if that ten year old pulled a knife on the OP then it would be a different story, but that’s never likely to happen at a driving range when the child is with his mother, yet that child is being judged against the idea that kids nowadays are terrible.
I have 6 teachers in my family at various schools and I see so much good happening in teaching and so much better behaviour from the children than say 25 years ago and I just think kids these days are getting a hard deal.

Tbh it's lack of respect and can't get away with a clip round ear

I remember being really cheeky when I was an apprentice and took it too far with someone .. he grabbed my ear and certainly brought me in line

Now days do that ur sacked

I didn't think about it again reporting or anything wise just oh I best behave

Lack of that imo

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Tbh it's lack of respect and can't get away with a clip round ear

I remember being really cheeky when I was an apprentice and took it too far with someone .. he grabbed my ear and certainly brought me in line

Now days do that ur sacked

I didn't think about it again reporting or anything wise just oh I best behave

Lack of that imo
You want to grab and hit other people's.kids? . Sorry that's never acceptable and if you'd tried that with me as child you'd have made big mistake

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You want to grab and hit other people's.kids? . Sorry that's never acceptable and if you'd tried that with me as child you'd have made big mistake

May have come across wrong I didn't mean hit but the person twisted my ear , like you see in old movies where the naughty kid is dragged out the room by his ear

Not violence

Now you can't even tell anyone off without someone piping up how you can't speak to them like that

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
May have come across wrong I didn't mean hit but the person twisted my ear , like you see in old movies where the naughty kid is dragged out the room by his ear

Not violence

Now you can't even tell anyone off without someone piping up how you can't speak to them like that
Yeah that's fair enough, I know what you meant. I grew up in the 70s and I don't think kids are any less respectful now than then.
I think the OP overreacted , tell the kid to be careful is enough.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Less of the preaching. What the OP experienced was wrong and it wasn't him being wrong. Stop making excuses.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Less of the preaching. What the OP experienced was wrong and it wasn't him being wrong. Stop making excuses.

Preaching? 😂
I wonder if the OP would’ve been so brave with his “parting shot” if the child’s father was there?
It’s easy to be the big man to a woman and a child.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Preaching? 😂
I wonder if the OP would’ve been so brave with his “parting shot” if the child’s father was there?
It’s easy to be the big man to a woman and a child.

I don't get the impression that anyone was being brave or acting the "big man". I read this thread as someone who was frustrated at the actions of an unsupervised child where had he not been paying attention said child could have been injured.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't get the impression that anyone was being brave or acting the "big man". I read this thread as someone who was frustrated at the actions of an unsupervised child where had he not been paying attention said child could have been injured.

Having to leave before losing your temper and telling someone that “when they learn to be a parent” .....etc. Then the part about the dumb b*tch not raising her kids properly.
It’s a bit excessive for a near miss at a driving range IMO.

But we all read things differently and form our own opinions.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
When I grew up, it was the responsibility of the parent to keep children supervised and safe.
If that has changed, it's a sad state of affairs.