F1 2019

Visit site
Can anyone explain how one of F1’s worst ever drivers is given a weekly column on BBC F1, critiquing drivers whom he was not even fit to wipe the behinds. I am of course on about Joylon (lets pick the worst Christian name I could ever make up) Palmyer, son of that other F1 Legend ‘Doctor’ Johnathan.. what a completed zeroid he and his drivel column are...

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can anyone explain how one of F1’s worst ever drivers is given a weekly column on BBC F1, critiquing drivers whom he was not even fit to wipe the behinds. I am of course on about Joylon (lets pick the worst Christian name I could ever make up) Palmyer, son of that other F1 Legend ‘Doctor’ Johnathan.. what a completed zeroid he and his drivel column are...

There, I suppose, has to be poor examples of reporting/commentary so it's easier to identify the better informed...

The late, great James Hunt (for me) penned the best ever column on F1...

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah I don't bother with his column, just doesn't see right.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula-one/50891934

Interesting times at Ferrari. Can't see someone as talented as Le Clerc signing up to be a number 2 driver for 5 years. Surely Vettel will be leaving once his contract is up.

Yep, Vettel will be leaving and it will be interesting to see who slots into the other Ferrari. It's public knowledge they have been talking to Lewis about moving there, not sure if Lewis would be up for moving to Ferrari if Leclerc is his team mate but you never know. If Lewis stays at Mercedes then I don't see where Vettel can go next without dropping down the grid as Mercedes wouldn't put him in Bottas' seat and Max would be faster than him in the Red Bull. Vettel is too expensive as a number 2 so it'll either be no.1 in a smaller team or out of F1 altogether.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula-one/50891934

Interesting times at Ferrari. Can't see someone as talented as Le Clerc signing up to be a number 2 driver for 5 years. Surely Vettel will be leaving once his contract is up.

Can see Seb retiring ahead of next season... His heart no longer appears to be in it... Doesn't get anywhere near the same love at Ferrari as he got at Red Bull...