Summer Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

He'll get yer 😁 You better sleep with one eye open.....
I didn’t actually mean I was going to start it, but they’re released at 9:00am, so I’ll give him till five past.:cool:

Robin Hood

Visit site
Toon Army......
New owner please 🙏
The latest rumour is if Fat Boy Ashley does sell, the new owners want Mourinho as manager.
I'd rather keep Rafa; however his contract runs out in 3 weeks.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Toon Army......
New owner please 🙏
The latest rumour is if Fat Boy Ashley does sell, the new owners want Mourinho as manager.
Read today that Chelsea are sniffing around him again! Would be hilarious tbh.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rafa is a top manager, but the Chavs hate him for some reason!
The fans up here will be devastated to lose him. They have really taken to him and appreciate what he does.

I've just mentioned about the Mourinho rumour to my son. 'Will he not poison Newcastle' I asked? 'How can it go worse than under Ashley?' (he can still remember the Joe Kinnear era, John Carver etc) He has a point :LOL:

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder why ?
There is nothing to dislike about him.
As Lord T says he is well respected on Tyneside; and given the resources he could have achieved more.
He made one silly comment while Liverpool manager, for which they've never forgiven him. Because, Chelsea fans. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

I wonder why ?
There is nothing to dislike about him.
As Lord T says he is well respected on Tyneside; and given the resources he could have achieved more.
It all goes back to the 05-08 years when Chelsea and Liverpool played against each other a number of times especially in the CL and even more so with the goal in 05. Mourinho and Rafa obviously said a few words in the media as they do and then fans tried to create a rivalry between the two clubs because of those CL games etc and it was all a bit false and mainly from the newer countrywide fans. Because of that they made Rafa a hate figure

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Toon Army......
New owner please 🙏
I read it as Maureen was sniffing around Newcastle and their potential new owners.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not a fan of Zaha personally. Given that he wouldn't walk into our team I can see him not settling well. I think he prefers being a big fish in a smaller pond. Maddison would be a good bet for replacing Eriksen though, that would be a very 'us' sort of buy.

Think Zaha would be a good buy for us a player that has quality something we would need to add to our squad, didn’t settle at Utd but that was probably to big a move for him at the time, gone as far as he can at Palace and would surely want a move to a bigger club.

With a better manager than he had at Palace think he would push on to become even better.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think Zaha would be a good buy for us a player that has quality something we would need to add to our squad, didn’t settle at Utd but that was probably to big a move for him at the time, gone as far as he can at Palace and would surely want a move to a bigger club.

With a better manager than he had at Palace think he would push on to become even better.

hes an arsenal fan, surely wont go over to the dark side (I say that as a fan and would love to see him at arsenal but no chance without the draw of CL)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
hes an arsenal fan, surely wont go over to the dark side (I say that as a fan and would love to see him at arsenal but no chance without the draw of CL)
Didn’t know he was a Arsenal fan but as I said he would probably want to go to a bigger club😂

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since the end of the season, United have been linked with over sixty players! Bonkers mental.
I find the transfer windows very exciting, it gives me renewed hope.
We need a few new players, so we have to make a few spaces available first.
Hopefully, but doubtfully, we'll sack off some dead wood, such as Lukaku, Sanchez, Young, Matic, Smalling, Jones, Darmian and, possibly most importantly, Ed Woodward.
OGS is looking long term and hoping to bring young English talent in, but everyone knows this and silly prices are being quoted.
I'd like to see De Ligt, Wan Biss, Joao Felix and Bruno Fernandes ............... I don't think I will though.
Also another striker, although I'm not sure who, and he'd be back up to Rashford.
Hopefully we won't need another 'keeper!

I have no issue with the signing of Daniel James as a squad player.