Summer Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Well season over now so now it’s 2 months of constant speculation and rumours where 5% will work out

So who do you think your club needs to sign

And what do you think of the rumours going around at the moment

I don’t think we need to bring in too many - prob a couple to boost the squad and to use to rotate

Someone to fill the space left by Sturridge but not necessarily a striker - someone like Mane , who can fill all three roles. Werner was linked for ages but seen a lot of strong rumours about Pepe. And we need a fullback to cover left back mainly - not sure who that could

As for the rumours

Strong ones for Maguire and Wan Bissaka going for £80mil and £60mil respectively to Man Utd - just mental prices. Utd look like they have got James from Swansea , strange signing as he is quick but not sure if he stood out that much. But a change for Utd looking at UK players. The issue though is City are also rumoured to be after Maguire

Other rumours

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Also this is the top twenty spending clubs over the last decade or so in Europe

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...iLRY?source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So why continue with the rumours and speculation?
We have no control over what really will happen, so why feed the monster that is Sky sports and the Premiership?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So why continue with the rumours and speculation?
We have no control over what really will happen, so why feed the monster that is Sky sports and the Premiership?
I agree. Most of it seems to be merely to fill paper content or TV news and if someone were to do any kind of survey on who was linked where and how many rumours there were between now and the close of the window I reckon it'll be a very low percentage of deals that ever had any potential being genuine and completed

D

Deleted member 15344

Might be more suited under a new thread title.
What could that be 🤔,I know

And we're off 2019/20 season....
Happy for a mod to change it to that

And the first two posters obviously completely missed the point about also talking about players they think their club needs 🙄

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At Spurs we need:
1. A new Mousa Dembele. No easy task.
2. Replacement for Eriksen when he goes.
3. A good right back. Wan-Bissaka would be lovely, if he'd like to play Champion's League rather than just get paid a lot.
4. Another forward option as Llorente has been released.
5. Replacement for Toby if he leaves. Again, no easy task so would rather we do everything we can to keep him.
6. Sack Foyth off on loan for a year.

In that order of priority.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What we need and what we'll get are 2 very different things.

The only way forward is to clear some of the deadwood and hence room on the wage bill especially as they are reporting we only have 40m to spend. Basically reversing the errors of the last few years of Wengers tenure, happily see all of Ozil, Mhikitaryan, Xhaka and Mustafi go but going to struggle to find buyers based on the ludicrous salaries they are being paid. Koscielny and Monreal are also close to the end of their careers and theres a lot of gaps to fill!

Happy to keep Leno, Bellerin, Maitland Niles, Kolasinac, Torreira, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Willock, Smith-Rowe , the rest can go lol

We need a whole new defense and some width and creativity adding to the midfield (not to mention replacing Ramsey for free!), if not be good to see some of the promising youngsters get more game time next year

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What we need and what we'll get are 2 very different things.

The only way forward is to clear some of the deadwood and hence room on the wage bill especially as they are reporting we only have 40m to spend. Basically reversing the errors of the last few years of Wengers tenure, happily see all of Ozil, Mhikitaryan, Xhaka and Mustafi go but going to struggle to find buyers based on the ludicrous salaries they are being paid. Koscielny and Monreal are also close to the end of their careers and theres a lot of gaps to fill!

Happy to keep Leno, Bellerin, Maitland Niles, Kolasinac, Torreira, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Willock, Smith-Rowe , the rest can go lol

We need a whole new defense and some width and creativity adding to the midfield (not to mention replacing Ramsey for free!), if not be good to see some of the promising youngsters get more game time next year

You forgot to change the manager, back room team, board, and owners first, then worry about the team.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At Spurs we need:
1. A new Mousa Dembele. No easy task.
2. Replacement for Eriksen when he goes.
3. A good right back. Wan-Bissaka would be lovely, if he'd like to play Champion's League rather than just get paid a lot.
4. Another forward option as Llorente has been released.
5. Replacement for Toby if he leaves. Again, no easy task so would rather we do everything we can to keep him.
6. Sack Foyth off on loan for a year.

In that order of priority.

Wan- Bassaka would be a good buy also Saha from Palace, Maddison would also be a good option I’m hoping Toby will stay as he will be difficult to replace, a good strong creative midfield player is needed, not many like Dembele about

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wan- Bassaka would be a good buy also Saha from Palace, Maddison would also be a good option I’m hoping Toby will stay as he will be difficult to replace, a good strong creative midfield player is needed, not many like Dembele about
Not a fan of Zaha personally. Given that he wouldn't walk into our team I can see him not settling well. I think he prefers being a big fish in a smaller pond. Maddison would be a good bet for replacing Eriksen though, that would be a very 'us' sort of buy.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We need a striker to help Jiminez and Jota out and perhaps another centre half. The rest would just be squad fillers to help with the European assault (which could be one game.)

D

Deleted member 1740

Might be more suited under a new thread title.
What could that be 🤔,I know

And we're off 2019/20 season....

No.No and No.

The new season isn't off yet, fishy started this seasons a bit prematurely 😉

D

Deleted member 15344

Well he might be recovering from the shock of some reports having Chelsea looking at Rafa to become manager 😲