And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I agree and it makes sense for a number of teams. I just don't want to watch games like that. They aren't going to change, it's about the result as you say, but for neutrals it's a yawnfest.

Tony Pulis... long before Boro missed out on a play-off spot the crowd wanted him out. It was football to hang yourself by.

D

Deleted member 16999

I agree and it makes sense for a number of teams. I just don't want to watch games like that. They aren't going to change, it's about the result as you say, but for neutrals it's a yawnfest.
Not every team plays every game that way, plus surely it’s down to the other team to break them down and get through.
I’ve seen far worse mid-table, lower-table clashes when neither park the bus.

D

Deleted member 16999

Tony Pulis... long before Boro missed out on a play-off spot the crowd wanted him out. It was football to hang yourself by.
A boring one dimensional manager is different to one club parking the bus against a top club.
Allardyce, Pullis etc are known for it and are normally employed to do one job, same as Jose, you know the style of football when they get the job.

U

User62651

Cultural, in UK football has to be 100mph and 4-3 or people get bored, they always drop 0-0s to the last slot on MOTD for example but there can still be great football without goals - you need to embrace your inner Italian and admire Cattenacio!;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cultural, in UK football has to be 100mph and 4-3 or people get bored, they always drop 0-0s to the last slot on MOTD for example but there can still be great football without goals - you need to embrace your inner Italian and admire Cattenacio!;)
Ha ha, bella, bella. I can appreciate a 0-0, you don't always need goals for a good game. A game of defence against attack is not for me though. It can be exciting for the team holding on, last 20 in particular, but for the neutral it is not great.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nine o'clock tomorrow morning the champions find out who they have got opening game if the season. Five wins from Setting another record. Who is starting next years “ and were off blog “ 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sorry Homer my bad. I was on about the premiership. 😁
Naughty old timer. I was referring to City's first game. I reckon it'll be someone like Norwich and seeing as you were away first last season I reckon it'll be at home. Who does everyone else want first up. Would you prefer a so called less fancied side or would you rather get a big rival and get that game done and dusted early on.

Sadly I think I have to wait a little longer for the EPL fixtures and find out the dates we take six points off Reading

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Naughty old timer. I was referring to City's first game. I reckon it'll be someone like Norwich and seeing as you were away first last season I reckon it'll be at home. Who does everyone else want first up. Would you prefer a so called less fancied side or would you rather get a big rival and get that game done and dusted early on.

Sadly I think I have to wait a little longer for the EPL fixtures and find out the dates we take six points off Reading
I don't understand your Reading banter, you've only beaten them once of the last 5 meetings.
https://www.11v11.com/teams/fulham/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Reading/

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Looks like we have WW 😳