And, we’re off.......2018/2019

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Decent start for Steve Clarke with Scotland, will take a win.

Does that show how much expectations in regards to the Scottish national team have been managed that you're happy to accept an unconvincing win against a team from a country with a population less than 1/5 of your own?

EDIT - Apologies, having just looked at the figures countries such as Portugal, Belgium and Sweden have a population of around 1/5 of the population of England and I'd be happy with any kind of win against those countries.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I’ve read what Homer has posted almost word for word hours ago in a news report, so it’s not confidential or unknown!

He could lose his job for what he’s said. I’ve worked in the NHS for ten years. Believe me - I’m right on this one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Parking the bus seems to be more prevalent now, perhaps that is a perception and not true. Too many teams go to the likes of City, Liverpool, previously Chelsea, with little intention of crossing the halfway line. It does make for dull viewing.

D

Deleted member 1740

Parking the bus seems to be more prevalent now, perhaps that is a perception and not true. Too many teams go to the likes of City, Liverpool, previously Chelsea, with little intention of crossing the halfway line. It does make for dull viewing.

The same could be said by supporters of clubs who go and try to play and get snotted 4/5/6 nil.

Supporters of some clubs see a point as good as a win against the better sides.

D

Deleted member 16999

The same could be said by supporters of clubs who go and try to play and get snotted 4/5/6 nil.

Spot on. It’s called “tactics” isn’t it or maybe a “game plan” :unsure:

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Won’t see this on MSN or any national news coverage, it’s not in the BBC’s or Sky’s narrative to report on such good intentions, fun and good hearted mingling with the locals, they only want to report on bottles & chairs being thrown and police snatch squads.

It’s the same on here.

D

Deleted member 15344

Won’t see this on MSN or any national news coverage, it’s not in the BBC’s or Sky’s narrative to report on such good intentions, fun and good hearted mingling with the locals, they only want to report on bottles & chairs being thrown and police snatch squads.

That’s pretty standard for the news though - why should people behaving as expected and being good natured sensible human beings be news ? Surely that should just be accepted should it not ? That should be the normal behaviour that is expected.

Can imagine the headlines
“Football Fans sing and behave normally” - not exactly breaking stuff.

News people will always report on what is outside the normal behaviour or outside the law - so when human beings start to fight and show themselves up that’s news and what makes headlines.

Football fans up and down the country and all over the world behave properly every single match whether home or away - is that really going to be news ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

This stu ^^^. And this is what I believe cost Liverpool the title last season. Ave said this a dozen times before and al say it one last time because I think it is more relevant to Liverpool. The season City got 100 points and blew everyone away. At the end of the season pep stated that he thought teams would sit back this last season and defend in numbers. Then try to counter attack. They did. Crystal Palace did it brilliantly. Newcastle etc etc. city Bougt Mahrez to try to break down defences that were tight. First half of the season he struggled but got a lot better the more he played.
I honestly think the same will happen this season with Liverpool, the full backs were awesome. I honestly don't think teams will play as open this year v Liverpool. It was the draws that cost Liverpool the title. Liverpool will have to be as patient as City were and the flowing football of the last two years may well be not as obvious as the last few years.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
That’s pretty standard for the news though - why should people behaving as expected and being good natured sensible human beings be news ? Surely that should just be accepted should it not ? That should be the normal behaviour that is expected.

News people will always report on what is outside the normal behaviour or outside the law - so when human beings start to fight and show themselves up that’s news and what makes headlines.

Football fans up and down the country and all over the world behave properly every single match whether home or away - is that really going to be news ?

Did you not see all the praise for Liverpool & Spurs fans?

Think you might have actually praised then yourself 🤷‍♂️

Well apart from the naked masturbating scouser 😂

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Methinks you've totally missed the point.