And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

What about fans expectations though ? Because of the past 14 years of success under Abramovich the expectation from a lot is to be successful - over those 14 years there hasn’t been the patience from the club or fans to allow those youth players to come through, how many times has a manager been binned out because they didn’t win the league ? All throughout this season there were constant calls for Sarri to be sacked- many didn’t even give him a season. Would that change whilst a new manager comes in and wants to build up again -

Klopp for example has taken 3 years to fully rebuild the squad to where it is now - you even had rival fans on here suggesting Klopp should go because he hadn’t actually won anything - those same people are the ones wanting the manager out the minute everything isn’t perfect ?

And if Roman did sell up it won’t matter how deep someone else’s pockets are - clubs can’t spend like they used to so Chelsea are going to have to buy smart. I understand the optimism but I think the reality is different.
Re the bit in bold: ClubChamp is a LPool fan.

Rival fans asked the same question you are now asking about Chelsea, ie, how long is acceptable to give a manager before a Club needs a trophy.

Obviously now you won the CL the DS answer will always be 3 years.:rolleyes:

As an outsider, Sarri improved Chelsea PL position and silverware wise, way better in his first (and possibly only) season than a lot of other managers at other Clubs.

D

Deleted member 1418

What about fans expectations though ? Because of the past 14 years of success under Abramovich the expectation from a lot is to be successful - over those 14 years there hasn’t been the patience from the club or fans to allow those youth players to come through, how many times has a manager been binned out because they didn’t win the league ? All throughout this season there were constant calls for Sarri to be sacked- many didn’t even give him a season. Would that change whilst a new manager comes in and wants to build up again -

Klopp for example has taken 3 years to fully rebuild the squad to where it is now - you even had rival fans on here suggesting Klopp should go because he hadn’t actually won anything - those same people are the ones wanting the manager out the minute everything isn’t perfect ?

And if Roman did sell up it won’t matter how deep someone else’s pockets are - clubs can’t spend like they used to so Chelsea are going to have to buy smart. I understand the optimism but I think the reality is different.

The reality at the moment is that we don't know what will happen with Chelsea until the season starts! 😉

After the season we had there was a lot of disgruntled fans, with both the players and the management, even with winning a trophy, reaching a final, and finishing 3rd.

So actually the fans expectations, with Hazard leaving and Sarri also looking likely to, are maybe more realistic, despite all the success we've had over the last 15 odd years.

From my perspective there'll be more pressure and expectation on the players and management of City, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal and Spurs next season than there will Chelsea if it all plays out as expected over the summer.

Anyway I'm not too worried about Chelsea's prospects....but then I'm sensible and knowledgeable!!! 😉😂😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Rival fans asked the same question you are now asking about Chelsea, ie, how long is acceptable to give a manager before a Club needs a trophy.

As an outsider, Sarri improved Chelsea PL position and silverware wise, way better in his first (and possibly only) season than a lot of other managers at other Clubs.
I criticised Klopp for some decisions and the way we played /set up in certain games.
I don’t remember saying he should go.
I will stand corrected if my posts read like that.

D

Deleted member 1740

The reality at the moment is that we don't know what will happen with Chelsea until the season starts! 😉

After the season we had there was a lot of disgruntled fans, with both the players and the management, even with winning a trophy, reaching a final, and finishing 3rd.

So actually the fans expectations, with Hazard leaving and Sarri also looking likely to, are maybe more realistic, despite all the success we've had over the last 15 odd years.

From my perspective there'll be more pressure and expectation on the players and management of City, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal and Spurs next season than there will Chelsea if it all plays out as expected over the summer.

Anyway I'm not too worried about Chelsea's prospects....but then I'm sensible and knowledgeable!!! 😉😂😂

Until you have a beer 😂

D

Deleted member 1740

I think putting a time frame on managers needing a trophy is unfair, progression is much more than trophies.

Would you say Spurs should get rid of Pochettino for not delivering a trophy in 5years?

D

Deleted member 16999

I think putting a time frame on managers needing a trophy is unfair, progression is much more than trophies.

Would you say Spurs should get rid of Pochettino for not delivering a trophy in 5years?
I don’t mate, every Club is different and so are levels of expectation,
Phil is saying Chelsea want instant results, I’d like Everton to give Silva 3-4yrs.
OGS might get 2 years at Utd, Clubchamp was calling for Klopp to go 18 months ago.
Never said any are right or wrong, but funny how other teams supporters always know what’s best for other Clubs.
I see the shouts that Watford was better without Silva and Everton should of kept Allardyce have gone quiet.

D

Deleted member 1740

Phil is saying Chelsea want instant results, I’d like Everton to give Silva 3-4yrs.
OGS might get 2 years at Utd, Clubchamp was calling for Klopp to go 18 months ago.
Never said any are right or wrong, but funny how other teams supporters always know what’s best for other Clubs.
I see the shouts that Watford was better without Silva and Everton should of kept Allardyce have gone quiet.

He wouldn't be far off though going off previous chelsea mangers being sacked for winning trophies.

Its only peoples opinions, i dont think anyone is suggesting they know whats best for other clubs/teams.

Big Sam was too good for Everton 😉

D

Deleted member 16999

He wouldn't be far off though going off previous chelsea mangers being sacked for winning trophies.

Its only peoples opinions, i dont think anyone is suggesting they know whats best for other clubs/teams.

Apart from telling Chelsea fans they’ll be struggling for top 6 etc!:rolleyes: The Klopp out chants will probably start by Christmas if you’re not top. :geek:

D

Deleted member 15344

They have had 13 managers over the past 15 years - ( including a couple of temps )

Main ones

Mourinho - 2 titles struggles once season gone
Scolari - last 6 months when they look like they won’t win
Ancelotti - wins the double , goes the next season when he doesn’t
Villas Boas - lasts 6 month
Di Matteo - wins CL , next season gone midway
Mourinho- back again wins but then struggles one season and is gone
Conte - wins one season doesn’t the next gone
Sarri - lasting one season

Maybes it’s the way the owner works but it seems that if you don’t win the league your gone - a manager not given a significant time to build. I’m not sure who they bring in but he will need to be given time - don’t think the patience is there for it to happen though.

D

Deleted member 1740

They have had 13 managers over the past 15 years - ( including a couple of temps )

Main ones

Maybes it’s the way the owner works but it seems that if you don’t win the league your gone - a manager not given a significant time to build. I’m not sure who they bring in but he will need to be given time - don’t think the patience is there for it to happen though.

You dont have to explain yourself to me Phil, though your stalker may need to listen 😉

D

Deleted member 1418

Main ones

But that approach has been the most successful one in the English game over the last 15 years.......😉😄😄

Anyway I get where you're coming from and as a Chelsea fan I'd love a bit of stability for a few seasons!

As for who comes in if Sarri does depart - no idea! I would imagine Allegri possibly the front runner, provided of course the transfer ban issue is resolved.

Lampard would be mad to take it on at this stage of his managerial career. But you never know, he could do brilliantly.

Anyway you just worry about keeping Klopp over the summer when Barca come calling.........😉😂😂😂

D

Deleted member 15344

But that approach has been the most successful one in the English game over the last 15 years.......😉😄😄

Anyway I get where you're coming from and as a Chelsea fan I'd love a bit of stability for a few seasons!

As for who comes in if Sarri does depart - no idea! I would imagine Allegri possibly the front runner, provided of course the transfer ban issue is resolved.

Lampard would be mad to take it on at this stage of his managerial career. But you never know, he could do brilliantly.

Anyway you just worry about keeping Klopp over the summer when Barca come calling.........😉😂😂😂

No doubt it helped get trophies but what helped was those funds from Abramovich- each new manager needing significant funding, players arrive then players go - certainly a rollercoaster

Allegri is the best guy out there who is available- interesting to see how he would get on , I expected him to end up at Man Utd until they did everyone a favour by giving OGS the job. Lampard would be mad to take it yet - but you could see why he would. As you say the transfer ban is the crucial part - if it stays then it’s a different ball game

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you want to show me where I called for Klopp to go?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I criticised Klopp for not having a plan B when plan A wasn’t working.
Some of his subs and lack of quality on the bench.
But he did fantastic with what he had .
But he will strengthen the squad I am sure.