And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The difference is that City have world class players in midfield that can do this, whereas England have very good players that currently can't very well. Delph, Rice, Barkley, Henderson aren't the type of players to control the game like Silva, Silva and Gundogan do. I doubt they will ever be. Maybe we need people like Winks, Foden type players that look like they have the ability to take a pass under pressure and be mobile with it. Southgate is doing the right thing, just that we now need to get the right personnel in to do it. And defend better :LOL:
This. Citys defenders have midfielders to give it to. Working to a system. I didn't see one last night.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Pickford was excellent last night, bailed out the dreadful defence a number of times. Not sure what you were watching.

Walker needs to go for TAA though for sure. He was awful last night.
Said it all season. Walker had been poor. 👍

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Who would be in line should Sari leave?

Strong talk about Javi Garcia, which I wouldn’t have an issue with as I think he improves & develops players which would see us looking more closely at the academy players and seeing players like Ampadu getting more game time.

There’s mixed views on him, but then there are with most managers, such as the emotional calls for Lampard, possibly with JT as a right hand, personally I think it’s too early for them, individually or as a pair, maybe in a couple of years but not now, but then they could hit the ground running as they’ve both served under some great managers and would/should have the dressing room without any issues, like some managers struggle with.

Now the Hazard deal has been agreed we were always then going to appeal the ban, the timing was obviously planned and it’s only right, as others clubs have enjoyed, have the ban suspended pending the outcome of the appeal. There’s talk that the ban could be immediately be reduced to 1 window, so the next few weeks will be interesting and the term of the ban or having the ban suspended can be crucial on a replacement for Sarri who’s 100% going, Juve are just working out how to pay the £6m Compo we want, which should be easy the way they have massaged their shares with false announcements!

CHO is signing a new 5yr contract worth £100k a week and is getting the No10 shirt and will form a relationship with Pulisic and as such has totally committed himself to Chelsea, Willian has signed an extension and Tammy could return from Villa which has very mixed opinions amongst Chelsea fans, but he could develop more around better players now and with a new manager, whoever that may be!

It’s far from doom & gloom at the Bridge as some would like to see or hope to expect, I see it as a new and exiting challenge for the players & fans alike whatever the next few weeks unravel and I believe all the players will step up to the plate.

Beware the wounded animal 😏

Fish

Banned
Visit site
To my Chelsea friends and family,

You now know that I will be joining Real Madrid. It’s no secret that it was my dream to play for them since I was a young boy just scoring my first goal. I have tried my very best not to distract myself or the team through this difficult period of speculation and media attention, especially the last 6 months.

Now the Clubs have reached an agreement I hope you understand I had to pursue my next chapter, just as each and every one of you should when you have the chance to pursue your dreams. Leaving Chelsea is the biggest and toughest decision in my career to date. Now it’s in the open I would like to put on record one thing was always clear to me, I have loved every moment at Chelsea and not once did I ever consider, nor would I have left for any other Club.

I was only 21 when I joined, so I have grown up as a man and a player with all of you, you have helped me become Captain of the Belgium National team after all. There have of course been tough times, for the team as a whole and for me personally, this is professional football. However, football to me is about having a ball at my feet, playing games and enjoying every moment, we are lucky to play the beautiful game and this is always my advice to those who ask for a coaching tip! Play football and have fun!

Even when we were not playing well, I tried to do my best and this has been thanks to your amazing support. That fighting spirit, desire and the refusal to ever give up is part of the culture here at Chelsea and it comes directly from you.

When I think back over my special moments in a Chelsea shirt, there are so many, we are lucky to win many more games than we have lost. Those who know me understand it is not me to list what I have won, all I can say is each and every award both as a team and as an individual have been incredible. One day I will be able to sit down over a beer and talk about or laugh with pride about my missed penalty that set up my header to win the league against Palace, or those goals against Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool.

The memories are so vivid because of the atmosphere and occasion you create, I hope you always remember them with pride, as I do. Whether it’s on tour in the USA, or at Sunderland on a Tuesday night, in Russia on a Thursday, or of course EVERY game at The Bridge – you’ve always supported me and encouraged me to play football and be me – Like I have enjoyed myself I hope you have enjoyed yourselves, I am only sorry not leave with a defending award amongst my honours!

We have many great players and my proudest moments were always as part of the team. We’ve won the FA Cup, League Cups, Europa Leagues and Premier Leagues all as a family. Each one so special in its own way and of course the game in Baku a couple of weeks ago is the perfect way to sign off from a long tough season after the World Cup.

Chelsea and especially Chelsea fans will always be special to me and next season I will look for your results first. I hope that we are drawn against each other in the Champions League next season and every season so we can meet again.

Before I go, one last thank you to everyone at the Club for their tremendous effort as we lived through every moment. To all of my ex-Colleagues we will say our goodbyes at the right time but I must thank the owner Mr Abramovich and his board for helping me realise not one, but two dreams, my first in becoming a Chelsea player and today my second, becoming a player at Real Madrid.

I wish each and every one of you the very best my friends.

Eden

👍👏👏😎

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll be watching the England games, I've made a note of when they are. First one is Sunday night against Scotland, should be a walk in the park. In all honesty the standard of women's football isn't high enough for me to watch the other games as a neutral though. It doesn't quite hold my attention. But it's not as bad as people make out either, it very much depends on who's playing really. The difference in quality between the best and the worst sides in this world cup will be enormous.

As for the men's side, I didn't bother watching last night as I knew it would be a bust and I couldn't force myself to care about the 'Nation's League', the glorified friendly cup. But on a general note, we can only work with what we have, and currently what we have is a paucity of good centre backs or good creative midfielders. They're just not out there. I think if Winks ever gets a solid run of fitness I would like to see him in there, as he has energy and good passing. Loftus-Cheek should be a starter when fit as well, and Rice looks like the long term holding player I think. Options are thin after that though. Barkley is poor, decent ability but no brain whatsoever. Delph I don't mind, but I would have more faith if he moved clubs to somewhere where he can actually play football matches in midfield. And he dives in WAY too much.

Joe Gomez should be walking into that side at the back now easily, and based on last season Alexander-Arnold has edged his way into starting for me. I've never rated Stones, he's exactly the sort of 'modern defender' I hate, yes he can pass it around nicely, but he quite simply can't defend. We have the Argentinian version at Spurs, he's called Juan Foyth. Same player. Maguire is alright but has far too much confidence in his own ability on the ball.

I’ve never rated Stones either, it’s a pity Holding got the ACL injury when he did last season. He was heading for an England call up IMO.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’ve never rated Stones either, it’s a pity Holding got the ACL injury when he did last season. He was heading for an England call up IMO.

And I certainly question the choice of Stones when he'd barely played a game in City's run in. How was he picked on form when he wasn't even playing?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

You now know that I will be joining Real Madrid. It’s no secret that it was my dream to play for them since I was a young boy just scoring my first goal. I have tried my very best not to distract myself or the team through this difficult period of speculation and media attention, especially the last 6 months.

Now the Clubs have reached an agreement I hope you understand I had to pursue my next chapter, just as each and every one of you should when you have the chance to pursue your dreams. Leaving Chelsea is the biggest and toughest decision in my career to date. Now it’s in the open I would like to put on record one thing was always clear to me, I have loved every moment at Chelsea and not once did I ever consider, nor would I have left for any other Club.

I was only 21 when I joined, so I have grown up as a man and a player with all of you, you have helped me become Captain of the Belgium National team after all. There have of course been tough times, for the team as a whole and for me personally, this is professional football. However, football to me is about having a ball at my feet, playing games and enjoying every moment, we are lucky to play the beautiful game and this is always my advice to those who ask for a coaching tip! Play football and have fun!

Even when we were not playing well, I tried to do my best and this has been thanks to your amazing support. That fighting spirit, desire and the refusal to ever give up is part of the culture here at Chelsea and it comes directly from you.

When I think back over my special moments in a Chelsea shirt, there are so many, we are lucky to win many more games than we have lost. Those who know me understand it is not me to list what I have won, all I can say is each and every award both as a team and as an individual have been incredible. One day I will be able to sit down over a beer and talk about or laugh with pride about my missed penalty that set up my header to win the league against Palace, or those goals against Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool.

The memories are so vivid because of the atmosphere and occasion you create, I hope you always remember them with pride, as I do. Whether it’s on tour in the USA, or at Sunderland on a Tuesday night, in Russia on a Thursday, or of course EVERY game at The Bridge – you’ve always supported me and encouraged me to play football and be me – Like I have enjoyed myself I hope you have enjoyed yourselves, I am only sorry not leave with a defending award amongst my honours!

We have many great players and my proudest moments were always as part of the team. We’ve won the FA Cup, League Cups, Europa Leagues and Premier Leagues all as a family. Each one so special in its own way and of course the game in Baku a couple of weeks ago is the perfect way to sign off from a long tough season after the World Cup.

Chelsea and especially Chelsea fans will always be special to me and next season I will look for your results first. I hope that we are drawn against each other in the Champions League next season and every season so we can meet again.

Before I go, one last thank you to everyone at the Club for their tremendous effort as we lived through every moment. To all of my ex-Colleagues we will say our goodbyes at the right time but I must thank the owner Mr Abramovich and his board for helping me realise not one, but two dreams, my first in becoming a Chelsea player and today my second, becoming a player at Real Madrid.

Eden

👍👏👏😎

What a crock of ....

He went to Chelsea because they paid the most and now he’s off to Madrid for another big pay day. Probably £10M just to sign.

No love or loyalty there, just show me the money.

A great player though.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What a crock of ....

He went to Chelsea because they paid the most and now he’s off to Madrid for another big pay day. Probably £10M just to sign.

No love or loyalty there, just show me the money.

A great player though.

Also it seems to be conveniently forgotten about when he downed tools which helped get Jose the sack😂

D

Deleted member 15344

Strong talk about Javi Garcia, which I wouldn’t have an issue with as I think he improves & develops players which would see us looking more closely at the academy players and seeing players like Ampadu getting more game time.

There’s mixed views on him, but then there are with most managers, such as the emotional calls for Lampard, possibly with JT as a right hand, personally I think it’s too early for them, individually or as a pair, maybe in a couple of years but not now, but then they could hit the ground running as they’ve both served under some great managers and would/should have the dressing room without any issues, like some managers struggle with.

Now the Hazard deal has been agreed we were always then going to appeal the ban, the timing was obviously planned and it’s only right, as others clubs have enjoyed, have the ban suspended pending the outcome of the appeal. There’s talk that the ban could be immediately be reduced to 1 window, so the next few weeks will be interesting and the term of the ban or having the ban suspended can be crucial on a replacement for Sarri who’s 100% going, Juve are just working out how to pay the £6m Compo we want, which should be easy the way they have massaged their shares with false announcements!

CHO is signing a new 5yr contract worth £100k a week and is getting the No10 shirt and will form a relationship with Pulisic and as such has totally committed himself to Chelsea, Willian has signed an extension and Tammy could return from Villa which has very mixed opinions amongst Chelsea fans, but he could develop more around better players now and with a new manager, whoever that may be!

It’s far from doom & gloom at the Bridge as some would like to see or hope to expect, I see it as a new and exiting challenge for the players & fans alike whatever the next few weeks unravel and I believe all the players will step up to the plate.

Beware the wounded animal 😏

Your one true top player has left , the manager is going , the owner is awol , you are pinning your hopes on player returning from loan like Abraham?! , a transfer ban - it’s hard to see Chelsea being anything more than fighting alongside Arsenal/ Wolves and Everton next season.

Hazard was the player that got you anywhere this season - Pulasic is nowhere the player needed to replace him , CHO and RLC won’t play until next year. It will be hard to see a top manager taking the job. Chelsea and Arsenal certainly the ones in danger of missing out top 6 from improving teams.

As for Hazard - loving moving letter , shame nothing about him not playing for his manager , downing tools , leading player revolts - outstanding player on his day , went missing a number of times in big games - will fit in perfect at Madrid

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yeah because he really going to put that in his letter isn’t he 🙄

🔔 🔚

Transfer was handled well.
Better than keep saying the player wasn’t for sale at any price & giving gullible fans false hope.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great player, transfer handled smoothly and calmly. Job done all round.

Would Lampard and Terry to Chelsea not be similar to OGS to Utd, worse even as OSG at least has some managerial experience. Surely too soon for those two.

The recent history of Chelsea is very much up and down so anyone writing them off at this stage is a little premature.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

Eden

👍👏👏😎

His PR team have done well there.

D

Deleted member 1418

Certainly interesting times at the moment at Chelsea......but then again, when aren't they! 😉😂

Yes devastating that Hazard has left, but the transfer was dealt with smoothly and efficiently; and if the reports are true that the fee will eventually be worth around £150m then that's cracking business.

Pretty certain that Sarri will be on his way next week; and I would imagine Abramovich too at some point in the not to distant future, perhaps even as soon as this year or the next. But no drama there - with Chelsea now a truly global brand there will probably be no shortage of takers, with pockets equally as deep as Roman's!

On the playing front, Hazard is - for the time being - irreplaceable. And - based on other clubs in a similar situation - the transfer ban won't be as bad as the initial penalty; always ways to get the 'sentence' reduced!! 😉

I for one am not too bothered by the ban. In fact it could turn out to be a blessing for Chelsea in the long term. At the moment we're still a long way short of both City and Liverpool, so there's no expectation of us challenging for the title in the next couple of seasons. So perfect opportunity to bring in a load of the youngsters that have performed exceptionally well at their level both domestically and in Europe recently; and those out on loan in the Championship. You'd hope they'd be determined to show their ability, but also play with freedom and without the pressure of fans high expectations of recent years.

Could be a major shift in Chelsea's approach to player recruitment where we supplement a good, young squad with an expensive signing.

I think anyone writing off Chelsea's prospects though are being a little bit naive and premature.

D

Deleted member 15344

Certainly interesting times at the moment at Chelsea......but then again, when aren't they! 😉😂

Yes devastating that Hazard has left, but the transfer was dealt with smoothly and efficiently; and if the reports are true that the fee will eventually be worth around £150m then that's cracking business.

Pretty certain that Sarri will be on his way next week; and I would imagine Abramovich too at some point in the not to distant future, perhaps even as soon as this year or the next. But no drama there - with Chelsea now a truly global brand there will probably be no shortage of takers, with pockets equally as deep as Roman's!

On the playing front, Hazard is - for the time being - irreplaceable. And - based on other clubs in a similar situation - the transfer ban won't be as bad as the initial penalty; always ways to get the 'sentence' reduced!! 😉

I for one am not too bothered by the ban. In fact it could turn out to be a blessing for Chelsea in the long term. At the moment we're still a long way short of both City and Liverpool, so there's no expectation of us challenging for the title in the next couple of seasons. So perfect opportunity to bring in a load of the youngsters that have performed exceptionally well at their level both domestically and in Europe recently; and those out on loan in the Championship. You'd hope they'd be determined to show their ability, but also play with freedom and without the pressure of fans high expectations of recent years.

Could be a major shift in Chelsea's approach to player recruitment where we supplement a good, young squad with an expensive signing.

I think anyone writing off Chelsea's prospects though are being a little bit naive and premature.

What about fans expectations though ? Because of the past 14 years of success under Abramovich the expectation from a lot is to be successful - over those 14 years there hasn’t been the patience from the club or fans to allow those youth players to come through, how many times has a manager been binned out because they didn’t win the league ? All throughout this season there were constant calls for Sarri to be sacked- many didn’t even give him a season. Would that change whilst a new manager comes in and wants to build up again -

Klopp for example has taken 3 years to fully rebuild the squad to where it is now - you even had rival fans on here suggesting Klopp should go because he hadn’t actually won anything - those same people are the ones wanting the manager out the minute everything isn’t perfect ?

And if Roman did sell up it won’t matter how deep someone else’s pockets are - clubs can’t spend like they used to so Chelsea are going to have to buy smart. I understand the optimism but I think the reality is different.