Masters 2019

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
That point was in response to people saying time and time again he proves people wrong - Woods went a long time without a major even when he was fully fit and reached number one. Yes it’s reasonable- why wouldn’t it be

Actually Woods has proven thousands of critics wrong. There were numerous who wrote him off, never win again, won't win a major etc etc.

Guess what Tiger did.

We can categorically say Woods has proven people wrong. No ifs, no buts.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Only thing to say re: his indiscretions is that, if you portray yourself one way, and then are found to be wanting in that, people may turn against you for it. Just like Kucher, not being the good old boy he & the media have made out over the years.

Plus, in having his kids there, and talking about them in the presser, is a reminder that their Mum isn't there, and we all know why.

But personally I couldn't give a crap about his personal life. His golf is all that matters to me!

I’m with you couldn’t care less about his personal life, just his golfing one.

We become aware of his private life due to the media as it’s part and parcel of being Tiger.

People quote such ad’s as Gatorade in this thread, they pulled the product ‘focus’ that ad was for as it was a Tiger product. They also dropped Tiger. He was punished for what he did, went through the ringer, and to be honest I worried at times when he was done for DUI he wouldn’t make it out the other side as he looked a wreck.

I’d never judge another person for their life choices that had no direct impact on me. Excluding much more serious issues. I know I’ve made my share of mistakes and poor life choices, fortunately that doesn’t follow me around for the rest of my life like it does for Tiger.

Those that continue to bang on about the past must be saints or extremely two faced.

D

Deleted member 16999

We become aware of his private life due to the media as it’s part and parcel of being Tiger.

People quote such ad’s as Gatorade in this thread, they pulled the product ‘focus’ that ad was for as it was a Tiger product. They also dropped Tiger. He was punished for what he did, went through the ringer, and to be honest I worried at times when he was done for DUI he wouldn’t make it out the other side as he looked a wreck.

I’d never judge another person for their life choices that had no direct impact on me. Excluding much more serious issues. I know I’ve made my share of mistakes and poor life choices, fortunately that doesn’t follow me around for the rest of my life like it does for Tiger.

Those that continue to bang on about the past must be saints or extremely two faced.
Nothing like a bit over-reaction, are we not allowed to discuss anything negative about certain golfers, like I said before no one had any issues with those who keep bringing up Reed’s past when he’s being discussed, despite Reed not being found guilty of anything.

Woods is possibly the greatest golfer of all time, that debate could be over now if it wasn’t for his off course behaviour, unfortunately his price (and many others) of fame is his private life is in the public domain, having an opinion on that makes us neither saints or hypocrites, just like those choosing to ignore it are neither gullible or lacking in morals.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Apart from your last sentence, well said. But in your last sentence you make judgements on people, something you don't with Tiger... can you have it both ways?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I can't quite understand this, what has his off course behaviour got to do with what he has done on it :unsure:

And what happens outside of work has never affected your focus at work? You may well have got the job done but was it done as quickly or as well as you could?

D

Deleted member 16999

I can't quite understand this, what has his off course behaviour got to do with what he has done on it :unsure:
Some of the activities he undertook in his own time, training with Navy Seals etc may of either worsened or even caused some of the injuries he has suffered, not saying golfers should be hermits off the course but maybe by avoiding some of these activities he may not of suffered the way he did.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Nothing like a bit over-reaction, are we not allowed to discuss anything negative about certain golfers, like I said before no one had any issues with those who keep bringing up Reed’s past when he’s being discussed, despite Reed not being found guilty of anything.

Woods is possibly the greatest golfer of all time, that debate could be over now if it wasn’t for his off course behaviour, unfortunately his price (and many others) of fame is his private life is in the public domain, having an opinion on that makes us neither saints or hypocrites, just like those choosing to ignore it are neither gullible or lacking in morals.

I came across slightly wrong, it happened off course it can be discussed, I raised several aspects myself. I should have been more clear, I’m on about those that discredit his achievements due to his personal life choices.

Some are fans and some aren’t that’s cool, same with Patrick Reed. I don’t mind him at all I know others aren’t fans but they can’t really use life outside of golf to discredit his achievements.

It’s not as much of a theme on this forum from what I’ve seen moreso on other social media platforms.

D

Deleted member 16999

I came across slightly wrong, it happened off course it can be discussed, I raised several aspects myself. I should have been more clear, I’m on about those that discredit his achievements due to his personal life choices.

Some are fans and some aren’t that’s cool, same with Patrick Reed. I don’t mind him at all I know others aren’t fans but they can’t really use life outside of golf to discredit his achievements.

It’s not as much of a theme on this forum from what I’ve seen moreso on other social media platforms.
No worries, I have nothing but admiration for Woods the golfer, toss of a coin between him and Jack as to who is the greatest player the game has ever seen.

Maybe it’s just the modern world and how it’s media driven, but I personally find it a bit naive to think any Sports Person at the top can expect to separate their personal life from their “work” the media (sadly) don’t care.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There have been a lot of players I haven't warmed to over the years. Corey Pavin was perhaps the first I took a real dislike to (no real reason apart from that stupid moustache and he some how wound me up whenever he was on the telly). Patrick Reed is perhaps the one of the current crop that I really don't warm to but for everything about him on and off the course, I have to (begrudingly) admire what he has achieved in golf. Woods is the same. Like or hate what has happened off the course you have to admire Woods not only for his achievements prior to the weekend but for coming back from world 1199 to win a major. I do think Pauldj42 makes a valid point though and it is very true across all sports, the media and social media make no distinction these days between personal and work (sporting) lives and it is all fair game it seems. Should Woods do something else in his private life (and I think he seems in a very contented place at the moment) the meltdown will be massive and I don't think as a "brand" he could survive. He could get his head down and try and compete still but I think all the collateral would be too much and he'd end up quitting. As I say I can't see that happening and just my own opinion!

User20204

Visit site
I'm sure someone said on the beeb broadcast that he hardly goes anywhere other than spending time with his girlfriend and kids and I guess if you have his fame there isn't many places you can go, must be difficult when you have all that fame and money though.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
God there are some right tarts on this forum :ROFLMAO:

I’m not sure why the fact that tiger has dipped the wick a few times, somehow detracts from him an absolute legend of golf.

tiger woods being judged by a bunch of blokes that have literally ZERO clue, Of what it is like having the temptation day in day out.

Imagine the sheer amount of women that will have thrown themselves at tiger?

Christ, I bet he could not even nip to the driving range without more sexual attention than most blokes get in a life time.

Tiger woods is a great man. A great great man.

No one on here has the credentials to judge his private life. So stop virtue signaling and high horse waving.

Comical honestly.
:ROFLMAO:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m not sure why the fact that tiger has dipped the wick a few times, somehow detracts from him an absolute legend of golf.
tiger woods being judged by a bunch of blokes that have literally ZERO clue, Of what it is like having the temptation day in day out.
Christ, I bet he could not even nip to the driving range without more sexual attention than most blokes get in a life time.
No one on here has the credentials to judge his private life. So stop virtue signaling and high horse waving.

Comical honestly.

In your opinion .............................. not mine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Comical honestly.
This is exactly what I think. The way some people go on you'd think he was a convicted rapist or something. He made a couple of regrettable decisions, but plenty of men and women have done that over the years, famous or otherwise. I think to a lot of people he actually went up in their estimation when it all came out about his 'lifestyle' - prior to that I always saw him as some kind of unfeeling golf robot!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This is exactly what I think. The way some people go on you'd think he was a convicted rapist or something. He made a couple of regrettable decisions, but plenty of men and women have done that over the years, famous or otherwise. I think to a lot of people he actually went up in their estimation when it all came out about his 'lifestyle' - prior to that I always saw him as some kind of unfeeling golf robot!

def this for me, showed a more Human side to him and that he like many other guys liked a slutty looking blonde:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
If only someone had bought Tiger some of these...

tumblr_lio2g2hEY91qcs0tn.gif