Masters 2019

User20204

Visit site
I'm surprised the haters haven't mentioned it's the smallest field of all the majors so let's see how good he is when there is a full field 😂😂

User20204

Visit site
Agree, I think in his head he was still very much game on when playing 17 but his 18 tee shot was poor and 2nd even worse (but I suspect he knew by the time he hit the 2nd that a 5 would be enough but the sound of the strike sure made me wince)

He said in his press conference that he hit his second shot exactly how he wanted to given where he was off the tee.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm surprised the haters haven't mentioned it's the smallest field of all the majors so let's see how good he is when there is a full field 😂😂
Why would it make you a ‘hater’ to point out a fact?
I’m looking forward to see how tiger goes at bethpage and pebble beach.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

He's still proved nothing to me, he won a glorified invitational, big deal. I'm definitely interested to see if he can still do it when he has to overcome a proper field and take on Ryan Fox, Alexander Bjork, Adam Hadwin and Lucas Glover, that'll be the real test. :whistle:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
He said in his press conference that he hit his second shot exactly how he wanted to given where he was off the tee.

That's a surprise I didn't know. I often tell my PP's that the skimmer that bounced off two trees was exactly how I wanted to hit it but I don't think they always believe me :LOL:

It definitely sounded funny when he hit it (just like Molinari's tee shot on 12 sounded a tiny bit fat to my ears) Maybe its just my hearing that's shot

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's still proved nothing to me, he won a glorified invitational, big deal. I'm definitely interested to see if he can still do it when he has to overcome a proper field and take on Ryan Fox, Alexander Bjork, Adam Hadwin and Lucas Glover, that'll be the real test. :whistle:
It’s this kind of post that polarises opinion on Tiger. I’m pleased for him & the game as a whole. It’s great exposure, I’m hoping for the prize money trickle down to reach our monthly medal.
I reckon if he wins another major it will be an awesome achievement. To beat the young good pros on tour now surpasses a lot of things he done previously

D

Deleted member 15344

These are perfect examples of the nonsense that gets spouted just because some people are critical of Woods or don’t think the sun shines out of his rear end . No one on here has displayed any level of “hatred” towards Woods - anything critical has been factual , relevant and posted respectfully- unless someone wants to point out something different

It’s prob worse reading the overbearing nonsense from the “lovers” who believe he can do no wrong , try and dismiss previous incidents and there is nothing wrong with his game.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It’s prob worse reading the overbearing nonsense from the “lovers” who believe he can do no wrong , try and dismiss previous incidents and there is nothing wrong with his game.

Why are those incidents in his private life relevant to what he achieved? How many people do you think at work and at your club may also have affairs and other stuff they would rather didn't get divulged and have made mistakes? Pretty sure most of his game was in fine working order or he wouldn't have posted the winning score. You can't go around Augusta and play badly and get away with it, certainly not over 72 holes. The challenge comes in being competitive and in the mix in other majors.

Not your post I know, but I bet Woods is quaking in fear at the onslaught Ryan Fox, Alexander Bjork, Adam Hadwin and Lucas Glover are going to throw. Where are they in the rankings? Hardly the golfing big guns

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not your post I know, but I bet Woods is quaking in fear at the onslaught Ryan Fox, Alexander Bjork, Adam Hadwin and Lucas Glover are going to throw. Where are they in the rankings? Hardly the golfing big guns
Re read the post again Homer, it’s sarcastic.
Re his private life, to judge his golfing achievements through that is a nonsense.
He can be both a golfing superhero and a flawed human being, many of us are 🤣🤣

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He can be both a golfing superhero and a flawed human being, many of us are 🤣🤣

I agree but many seem to think the two are somehow linked and that the flaws in the private life somehow have a relevance to the greatness he's produced in golf. As you say many of us are flawed (I know I am) and I've done stuff I deeply regret but it doesn't detract from what I've been able to achieve in things like my career and the friendships I have. I think the youngsters who watched this weekend and who never really knew Woods in his prime and then the epic fall from grace, won't care about what he's done historically (probably before they were born) and will just want to emulate him.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
These are perfect examples of the nonsense that gets spouted just because some people are critical of Woods or don’t think the sun shines out of his rear end . No one on here has displayed any level of “hatred” towards Woods - anything critical has been factual , relevant and posted respectfully- unless someone wants to point out something different

I hate him sooo much

OK!! Whatever you say. (y) :sneaky:

What Homer rightly mentions above, how is his private life and past discretion's got to do with anything that transpired last night. (crap that happened over 10 years ago). Haters will always hate and find any ways or excuses to diminish this extraordinary feat.

And yet time and time again, TW just proves the lot of you haters wrong. Can't chip, can't putt, can't drive, never win again nevermind a Major blah blah blah!

D

Deleted member 16999

Err, no he didn't. He said he clubbed it right but didn't hit the shot hard enough.

How would he have known what club Webb Simpson used?!
Apologies on the Simpson one, just watched it back on record, it was McGinley talking straight after the Molinari interview and I’d got them mixed up.
Molinari did say 15th was more costly than 12 in his opinion as 13 & 14 are reasonable birdie chancers, which was what I was trying to put across in the reply to Homer.

D

Deleted member 15344

OK!! Whatever you say. (y):sneaky:
That’s Cam - he is South African - he doesn’t know his left from his right - but it’s clear the hater tag is aimed towards people that are critical

What Homer rightly mentions above, how is his private life and past discretion's got to do with anything that transpired last night. (crap that happened over 10 years ago). Haters will always hate and find any ways or excuses to diminish this extraordinary feat.

People weren’t using his personal life indiscretions to try and diminish his achievements last night - they were posted when someone used them as a reason why they won’t consider to be the GOAT because they believe his image is part of that tag - “haters will always hate” - just a juvenile statement normally made when people don’t have a response to valid critical points made

And yet time and time again, TW just proves the lot of you haters wrong. Can't chip, can't putt, can't drive, never win again nevermind a Major blah blah blah!

Time and time again ? Really- that’s his first major in 11 years , his second Comp win in about 4 years is it ?

And people will provide an opinion and as with many others sometimes opinions get proven wrong - that doesn’t mean people aren’t entitled to post them and it also shouldn’t mean they get juvenile responses .

D

Deleted member 1147

Only thing to say re: his indiscretions is that, if you portray yourself one way, and then are found to be wanting in that, people may turn against you for it. Just like Kucher, not being the good old boy he & the media have made out over the years.

Plus, in having his kids there, and talking about them in the presser, is a reminder that their Mum isn't there, and we all know why.

But personally I couldn't give a crap about his personal life. His golf is all that matters to me!

D

Deleted member 16999

I agree but many seem to think the two are somehow linked and that the flaws in the private life somehow have a relevance to the greatness he's produced in golf. As you say many of us are flawed (I know I am) and I've done stuff I deeply regret but it doesn't detract from what I've been able to achieve in things like my career and the friendships I have. I think the youngsters who watched this weekend and who never really knew Woods in his prime and then the epic fall from grace, won't care about what he's done historically (probably before they were born) and will just want to emulate him.
You are missing the point, nobody, absolutely nobody has slated his ability or what he’s done on a golf course.

Whether you agree or not, the World’s top Sports People, male or female, individual or team, are in the media spotlight, they accept hundreds, thousands or even millions of pounds to endorse products based on their Sporting image.

To think they are not linked is naive, how many times have we seen top sports people say or behave in such a way outside of their sporting arena it has impacted on their career.

Were’s the line between public and personal life? Unfortunately for some there isn’t a line, and that’s the cost of the fame and fortune.

What’s the message to youngsters? (as you mentioned them)
Work hard put the hours in, be the best. But then if you reach the top, if you wish to lie and cheat and hurt the ones you love the most and do want you want, it’s ok because your good at your sport.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree, I think in his head he was still very much game on when playing 17 but his 18 tee shot was poor and 2nd even worse (but I suspect he knew by the time he hit the 2nd that a 5 would be enough but the sound of the strike sure made me wince)
He hit it short right on purpose because he knew that if he over cut it, it was a simple pitch on and 2 putts. He did a 45 minute press interview where he answers stuff like this

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
“haters will always hate” - just a juvenile statement normally made when people don’t have a response to valid critical points made

Time and time again ? Really- that’s his first major in 11 years , his second Comp win in about 4 years is it ?.

And how many of those 11 years was he was truly injured?

Read what i wrote, they scoffed when he got the yips. Guess what, he worked hard and now his chipping/scrambling is right up there with best.
He drove like a ''dingdong'' end and now importantly has it mostly under control.
Now won the Tour Championship and a Major.

So yeah he has proved you haters wrong time and time again. Lets face it, whilst he was struggling I expect the few were happy about it.
The winning amount has no relevance to what i posted.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
He hit it short right on purpose because he knew that if he over cut it, it was a simple pitch on and 2 putts. He did a 45 minute press interview where he answers stuff like this

Think about it for a bit. With that second shot, most of us hackers and other tour pros would have gone for the green in spectacular style. Was it worth it? A big fat no. He could have blasted miles left with a double cross; he could have left himself a really bad bunker lie, both sides of the green; or slashed it with an over slice way right, leaving a hard chip over a bunker and down hill lie. What he left himself was a nice simple chip (for his level!) between the bunkers. Course management beyond most of us, is what I say.

Chris1967

Visit site
Amazing that Wood’s ex forgave him years ago and they remain good friends and share responsibilities of the two kids etc, but folk on internet forums and in general can’t seem to forgive him and keep going on about what he did ,even if it’s nearly a decade ago, fgs :cautious: