What’s more likely (rory vs tiger)

What’s more likely ...

• Total voters

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After seeing rory yesterday struggle again at the masters it seems that mentally the course hurts him. He’s a great player.. his game is built for Augusta .. long tee shots.. drawer of ball.. yet he can’t get past the finish line here..

The pressure on him year after year must be growing as it’s the final major before he completes the grand slam..

At one point it was looking that spieth could get that grand slam before him only needing the pga but he has gone off the boil

Now I think rory is great. I think he could win 5 more majors easily.. but I just don’t see him getting a green jacket because mentally the course destroys him

On the flip side we have tiger.. looking stronger again.. did well in the open only 3 off the win.. loves Augusta

So what’s more likely

Tiger to win another major (any one) or rory to get a green jacket

D

Deleted member 1147

Have you ever considered that there are a lot of very good players who are trying to stop Rory winning the Masters...and some very good players never won it (Ernie, Norman, Irwin, Kite, Price etc)...and one bad round doesn’t a career make (and that was only 1over)?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you ever considered that there are a lot of very good players who are trying to stop Rory winning the Masters...and some very good players never won it (Ernie, Norman, Irwin, Kite, Price etc)...and one bad round doesn’t a career make (and that was only 1over)?

Not just talking about yesterday tho. What about when he was leading and he threw it away under little pressure? Since then he just can’t seem to go at the course as much

Mental block. If he had won that back then he would prob have won it 2 times more since...

Golf as we know is very much between the ears. This course gets in his head and the pressure must be unbelievable

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
'the course destroys him'

Jeez what utter tripe.

He's finished top 10 the last 4 years.

He might not win, but he's going to have another 10 chances so maybe let's not judge him on one average round?!
Mentally. That’s the key word from above..
Again it’s not just one round.. it’s all the masters since he imploded after leading

D

Deleted member 1147

Not just talking about yesterday tho. What about when he was leading and he threw it away under little pressure? Since then he just can’t seem to go at the course as much

Mental block. If he had won that back then he would prob have won it 2 times more since...

Golf as we know is very much between the ears. This course gets in his head and the pressure must be unbelievable
He hadn’t won any Majors at that point! He was only in his 3rd Masters & he was the youngest player to lead the Masters after 3 rounds.
He’s came back at the next Major and smashed the entire field - that’s his mental strength.
He hasn’t been out of the top 10 in the last 5 years.

I don’t know if he’ll ever win it, but I doubt you’d have any insight into the mind of an elite golfer!

D

Deleted member 3432

Don't see him ever winning it tbh. Yes he's a great driver of the ball, but I think his wedge play, putting and mindset stop him winning his Green Jacket.

Sergio managed to win Masters and he is a worse putter than Rory.

The fact is its not easy to win majors and even harder to win all 4.

Some of the greatest of all time have not pulled that off.

D

Deleted member 1147

Don't see him ever winning it tbh. Yes he's a great driver of the ball, but I think his wedge play, putting and mindset stop him winning his Green Jacket.
Why does he even bother entering?
🤔

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course suits Rory so well I'd be amazed if he didn't win it at some point. He's too good not to. Tiger's going to win another major as well. So I'll go with the cop-out option and go with both :D

Wolf

Visit site
Course suits Rory so well I'd be amazed if he didn't win it at some point. He's too good not to. Tiger's going to win another major as well. So I'll go with the cop-out option and go with both :D
Same Was said about Norman...

Just can't see Rory doing it at Augusta.

Jimbop90

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As much as I love Tiger, I think Rory finishing off the Grand Slam is more likely. I don't think he'll do it from a final pairing though, I think it'll be from a few shots back coming through with a brilliant 64 or something.

Jimbop90

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As much as I love Tiger, I think Rory finishing off the Grand Slam is more likely. I don't think he'll do it from a final pairing though, I think it'll be from a few shots back coming through with a brilliant 64 or something.

3 hours later - I'm chatting macca Tiger is going to walk it once the Eldrick wand gets (properly) hot