What’s more likely (rory vs tiger)

What’s more likely ...

• Total voters

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would say Rory is more likely but the course can destroy him at times.

Tiger is the opposite, it’s not the course but his driving that destroys him.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Rory probably more likely to win one of the other 3 majors. Although their records in them last year were comparable.

I reckon it would be more likely that woods wins another and whilst Rory won't complete the slam.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
'the course destroys him'

Jeez what utter tripe.

He's finished top 10 the last 4 years.

He might not win, but he's going to have another 10 chances so maybe let's not judge him on one average round?!
Are you into snooker or know much about it? Jimmy White was one of the most talented players to have graced the game, and had an incredible record at The Crucible, but he never won there. Would you not agree that there was a mental block there for him?

The word 'destroyed' may be a slight exaggeration, but the fact that such talented guys can usually perform so well at certain venues without pushing themselves over that finish line, indicates to me a mental problem that can get even worse as the near misses continue.

Montgomerie was another. Winner of so much and one of the best to ever play the game, but when the tournament was classed as a major he just froze mentally.

Does Augusta National have that effect on Rory? I think it's a theory worth discussing. You pointing out how many top 10 finishes he has had there for example, just kind of reinforces this theory.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
look at the question again
Tiger to win another major or Rory to win the masters .
the odds are deffo on Tigers side as he gets four goes a year to Rorys one.

i rest my case .plus Rory isnt winning it this year but TIGER?????

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
look at the question again
Tiger to win another major or Rory to win the masters .
the odds are deffo on Tigers side as he gets four goes a year to Rorys one.

i rest my case .plus Rory isnt winning it this year but TIGER?????

Tigers 43, how many years has he got left? with realistic chances - 2 or 3? Rorys 29?, how many years has he got left? 15?

how do the odds look now if Tiger doesnt win tonight?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Tigers 43, how many years has he got left? with realistic chances - 2 or 3? Rorys 29?, how many years has he got left? 15?

People still think Mickelson has a chance in most of the majors he plays in atm. I'd say if woods back holds up then he could feature for 5 years. That's 20 majors. Let's say Rory plays for another 20 years. That's 20 masters.

I'd say odds pretty even regarding op.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

Woods has probably. Got another 15 majors in him.
Roughly the same amount of masters as Rory has don’t you think?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Woods has probably. Got another 15 majors in him.
Roughly the same amount of masters as Rory has don’t you think?

he may play 15 more majors, not sure he'll be competitive for that many personally, his bodys been through a lot, will be a few courses esp US Open and maybe PGA that hes not competitive at too. hope youre right tbh, was just pointing out its not slanted heavily the other way as implied by the 4 to 1

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rory kind of proving my point today regarding his mental block

Pressure is off today as he can’t win

-3 so far

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Humble Pie going to be served up tonight.

And non so more than deserving of eating the most of it is Oor Phil, come on down L.P. 🤣

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
he may play 15 more majors, not sure he'll be competitive for that many personally, his bodys been through a lot, will be a few courses esp US Open and maybe PGA that hes not competitive at too. hope youre right tbh, was just pointing out its not slanted heavily the other way as implied by the 4 to 1
How did that end up