Masters 2019

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Thought I’d get a thread on here for all things to mull over for the week.

It’s the unofficial start of the “season” for many of us here and it’s a tournament that I love to watch.

Lots to look forward to with Rory playing well and looking to complete the grand slam, Tiger being back to form, other gun Europeans in form (or recent wins) with a realistic chance such as Rose, Molinari and Casey. Some remodelled holes, the Par 3 tournament and what is just a beautiful course.

Personally, I hope that Louis Oosthuizen gets it done this week. Played well for the first part of this year and has won in 2019. Backed him at 55/1 and he has shortened into 35/1.

On the other hand I would love Rory to pip Tiger with a birdie on the 18th on Sunday. That would be amazing :eek:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I know a lot of people like all the build up and previews etc etc but it bores me to tears so I'll be keeping away from coverage until the Par 3 ( which is cool) and then Thursday for the real thing.
Frankie to win it.....although I wouldn't be unhappy to see Rory complete the Slam.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not overly fussed who wins but I’d be happiest to see Fleetwood from this side of the water or Fowler from that side or Li from Asia (a Woods win while top of the wish list is asking too much & anyway the world would tip off its axis and that would only mess with the weather here)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't see this being a Tiger or Spieth week. Would be very surprised if either of them are better than everyone else in the field over 72 holes. Spieth especially who has looked decidedly average for large parts of the past year.

I reckon it'll be a European week - Rory is the obvious choice. But Rose, Molinari, Garcia, Stenson would all be decent shouts as well. Stenson played insane golf at the Matchplay v Furyk and in a strokeplay event would probably had a comfortable cushion over the field.

American choice would be Thomas - but his recent form has not been much to inspire confidence. Likewise Bryson - who you could have been talked into putting quite a few quid on around the turn of the year.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stuck my bets on on Thursday and went with the following:

Dechambeau 22
Reed 40
Pepperell 100
Snedeker 100
Si Woo 150
Na 200

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch much of it because I'm on a drinking weekend with the football team, but might catch some in the pub, plus Sunday night if I'm home in time.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Would like to see De Chambeau, or preferably Fleetwood.
Outside of those two , Rory.
I wouldn't be upset if Fowler did it. I like the character of the man.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As long as the build up isn't too loaded with "Can Tiger win again?" or "Will McIlroy complete the set?" then I might be tempted to watch some of the pre-tournament stuff. If not it will be a Thursday start when the real thing gets going.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As long as the build up isn't too loaded with "Can Tiger win again?" or "Will McIlroy complete the set?" then I might be tempted to watch some of the pre-tournament stuff. If not it will be a Thursday start when the real thing gets going.
Yeah.. maybe leave the TV off for now then. :LOL:

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Couple of outside picks that I like:

Stenson at 60/1
Hoffman at 100/1
Louis at 40/1
Wallace at 110/1

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m not a massive fan of it , a lot of that is down to the massive hype flooded by Sky , used to look forward to Thursday evening at 9 on BBC 2 and then enjoy it

But for me the exclusivity of it all is what’s wrong with golf , personal invites , a course we just will never be able to play, patrons ?! , limiting the what the public can watch on telly - I would actually remove it as a major unless the changed the way they do the entry and have it under control of the golf bodies.

I’ll still watch it because it’s a major and fingers crossed Rory does it but if not then a European wins

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Can't wait. Watched the Am. Girls at the weekend and it was outstanding.

Would love Rory to win.

Also, love the hype & subtext. Rory going for 'Slam; Tiger back; Speith's form; Rookies. etc. Whilst people hate this, it's promotional and in reality it interests more people than those that hate;
Someone like Xander, Smith or Pepperell has a really good chance; same for Fleetwood, Molinari and Rose.

Can't wait!

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Didn’t take long for the predictable negative nose dive to arrive 🤦‍♂️.
Love it, the cheesy US coverage, the way over the top build up, the excitement over the weekend, bring it on!

It’s class

Still the committee can Mod Edit with the tv coverage being limited

Last edited by a moderator: