The Masters 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Scheffler has played great but doesn’t capture the imagination; he‘ll be delighted but in a way he’s quite unlucky; Woods stole the build up & the first 2/3 days; McIlroy has stolen Masters Sunday. Looks like he’ll be champ, easily, and will have a nice green jacket so he won’t care!!

What doesnt capture the imagination? Hes been utterly brilliant for me. Calm, composed, smiling, relaxed, never gets too up or down. Has come in as world number 1 with everyone saying he shouldnt be and destroyed a very very strong field to prove he is the best in the world currently for me.

Actually think he'll be quite happy the limelight hasnt been on him all week tbh

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is no pressure though, wide fairways, plenty of space to miss and very few hazards once youre through the 12th. Once youre on 13 its a really good course to defend a lead. Its actually set up for someone to charge the last 6 holes by making eagles on 13/15, 16 an easy birdie with the pin position etc, Scheffler has no one chasing him and can pretty much do as he pleases
I agree with most of that except the pressure bit.
You, and some others make it sound like a walk in the park!
The pressure is, a Major, the Masters.
However, aside from all that Scheffler is a great golfer and thoroughly deserves to be Masters champion!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
What doesnt capture the imagination?

That lack of a 'thing'. He need Popeye arms, or a hillbilly haircut, or an ability to only shoot great rounds on day 4 four of majors when the lead is out of reach, or 15 majors, or a bowed left wrist that shouldnt work in a golf swing, or an outrageous 64deg wedge skill with a sideline in offending the PGA Tour. Any thing. But a thing.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
However, aside from all that Scheffler is a great golfer and thoroughly deserves to be Masters champion!

Not a walk in the park by any means but the chances for big numbers are behind him then and it was only big numbers that were a risk by then, you referenced Spieth, he ran up the big numbers around Amen corner (where he dropped 5? shots in 3 holes). These guys are just too good to drop those sort of shots round the last 4 or 5 holes here the way its set up for the final day especially

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

You said it wasn't over when others pointed out it was over.

The others were corect. It was over when the posts were made, it's over now and it will be officially over in a few shots time. Scheffler thoroughly deserves the reception he is about to receive as he walks up 18.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
That lack of a 'thing'. He need Popeye arms, or a hillbilly haircut, or an ability to only shoot great rounds on day 4 four of majors when the lead is out of reach, or 15 majors, or a bowed left wrist that should work in a golf swing, or an outrageous 64deg wedge skill with a sideline in offending the PGA Tour. Any thing. But a thing.
I get what you mean. It's also interesting that he doesn't appear to have any one key strength - he doesn't seem to be the best in the world at one thing, he's just pretty good at everything.

If someone had challenged him, it would have been interesting. But he can only beat what he's up against.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

The others were corect. It was over when the posts were made, it's over now and it will be officially over in a few shots time. Scheffler thoroughly deserves the reception he is about to receive as he walks up 18.
But it wasn't over then, when I said it. It's never over til it's over.
Anyway well done Scottie Scheffler, a very worthy Champion! ?

D

Deleted member 1147

So it’s over then

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that is one that Butch just dreamed up today. The phrase is - it aint over till the fat lady sings. So long associated with the back nine on Masters Sunday that I can believe he got it wrong.
It is now!
I've heard the expression, it isn't over til it's over, in sport in general. Nothing to do with Butch Harmon.