The Masters 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another interesting final day at the Masters. Thought Smith would make a real charge after the start but ended up paying the price for trying to chase too hard. McIlroy's round the epitome of the frustration we all see in him. Why can't he put it together over four rounds and why does he always make a charge when too much left to do?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Had to get up early to watch the last couple of hours on first repeat show. Pity one player being just out of reach all weekend, would've been nice to see a closer battle but a deserved winner
Fun watching Rory play 18 with no shot playing from grass (bunkers really don't seem to be a challenge for many pros anymore)

(the one thing I don't like about the Majors is the lack of golf on tv. Stuck with a single tournament, Major week usually means no PGA/ET/LPGA events to watch)

D

Deleted member 15344

For anyone criticising American or Sky commentary / punditry, let's have a look at Ken Brown's effort for the BBC in discussing the 15th hole:

What’s wrong with that ?

That’s Ken Brown and how he did things and there was a reason why Augusta allowed him to do things on the course when they didn’t allow others.

Sometimes it’s better to just be nice and simple

Swango1980

Visit site
And ?‍♂️ That’s Ken Brown and that’s how he has always been, will take him over the likes of Radar all day long but that’s always personal choice
Well, I hope you enjoy descriptions of holes in quirky song formats, I guess some of us are just into weird stuff.

For me, I think it is cringeworthy, not funny or smart, not charismatic and really tells us nothing about the hole. And that is my personal choice.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well, I hope you enjoy descriptions of holes in quirky song formats, I guess some of us are just into weird stuff.

For me, I think it is cringeworthy, not funny or smart, not charismatic and really tells us nothing about the hole. And that is my personal choice.

Totally agree. He has done some great stuff over the years especially for the BBC to show the vagaries of Augusta but this is cringeworthy and a silly painting and song adds nothing and tells the casual viewer nothing about the hole

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I really like Ken Brown and I would also take his segments over Radar. That clip was a bit weird though...

Saying that, the BBC do have to try and appeal to a wider audience than just golf geeks like us. So whilst that song and crayola pic is cringey, it probably makes more sense to the occasional golf fan than talking about bowed wrists and shots gained off the tee.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I really like Ken Brown and I would also take his segments over Radar. That clip was a bit weird though...

Saying that, the BBC do have to try and appeal to a wider audience than just golf geeks like us. So whilst that song and crayola pic is cringey, it probably makes more sense to the occasional golf fan than talking about bowed wrists and shots gained off the tee.
I like both. Beeb/KB get the balance of use/overuse/entertainment slightly better than Sky/Radar imo, but happy to have tension relieved by either.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not many majors where you can afford to four putt the last and still win.
Scheffler deserved it.
Nice to see tiger finish but he looked shot and in pain.
Rory still got it but he needs consistency.