Masters 2019

D

Deleted member 16999

God there are some right tarts on this forum :ROFLMAO:

I’m not sure why the fact that tiger has dipped the wick a few times, somehow detracts from him an absolute legend of golf.

tiger woods being judged by a bunch of blokes that have literally ZERO clue, Of what it is like having the temptation day in day out.

Imagine the sheer amount of women that will have thrown themselves at tiger?

Christ, I bet he could not even nip to the driving range without more sexual attention than most blokes get in a life time.

Tiger woods is a great man. A great great man.

No one on here has the credentials to judge his private life. So stop virtue signaling and high horse waving.

Comical honestly.
:ROFLMAO:
This is exactly what I think. The way some people go on you'd think he was a convicted rapist or something. He made a couple of regrettable decisions, but plenty of men and women have done that over the years, famous or otherwise. I think to a lot of people he actually went up in their estimation when it all came out about his 'lifestyle' - prior to that I always saw him as some kind of unfeeling golf robot!

No one on here has the credentials to judge his private life, but apparently he’s a great great man, obviously someone must believe they have the credentials.

It was reported when he went into rehab he cheated over 100 times during his 5 year marriage, just a bit more than a couple of times.

Lying and cheating to the one you supposedly love and risking her and your children might be ok in some peoples book, but not mine and they certainly don’t get a free pass because it’s implied it was the women’s fault for tempting him and throwing themselves at him, that’s just insulting and disrespectful to women.

He’s possibly the greatest golfer we’ve ever seen and that’s it for me.

All sorts of Golfers and other celebrities have had aspects of their private life discussed on here, can’t see why Tiger is any different.

User20204

Visit site
He was/is he most famous person in the world with quite probably thousands of women throwing themselves at him, if it was only 100 times I'm more impressed with his restraint. :p I'd question any of you who wouldn't be tempted to do the same.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No one on here has the credentials to judge his private life, but apparently he’s a great great man, obviously someone must believe they have the credentials.

It was reported when he went into rehab he cheated over 100 times during his 5 year marriage, just a bit more than a couple of times.

Lying and cheating to the one you supposedly love and risking her and your children might be ok in some peoples book, but not mine and they certainly don’t get a free pass because it’s implied it was the women’s fault for tempting him and throwing themselves at him, that’s just insulting and disrespectful to women.

All sorts of Golfers and other celebrities have had aspects of their private life discussed on here, can’t see why Tiger is any different.
Never said I agree with cheating, I'm just saying I can very easily ignore that when we're talking about Tiger the golfer - but a lot of people seemingly can't. And again, people talk as if he murdered somebody.

D

Deleted member 16999

Never said I agree with cheating, I'm just saying I can very easily ignore that when we're talking about Tiger the golfer - but a lot of people seemingly can't. And again, people talk as if he murdered somebody.
Others brought his private life into it and when some said they didn’t like the man they were ridiculed.

You’ve changed from a couple of regrettable decisions being compared to rape and now claiming people talk about it as murder.

Why can’t you accept 99% admire the Golfer, some admire everything about him and some don’t, you’re the only one using inflammatory statements.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Today GM have as one of their website 'footer' surveys; who will win the 2019 Masters? I'm going for Rose, fingers crossed :sneaky:

survey.jpg

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

I’m assuming you have cut all friends out of your life that have ever had an affair

D

Deleted member 16999

I’m assuming you have cut all friends out of your life that have ever had an affair
Here we go another extreme response wanting to make it personal.
Just like my attitude to Tiger, I lost some respect for them and some I have cut after seeing how their selfish behaviour destroyed their family.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Here we go another extreme response wanting to make it personal.
Just like my attitude to Tiger, I lost some respect for them and some I have cut after seeing how their selfish behaviour destroyed their family.
Surely their mistakes to make, everyone at one point or another does things they shouldn't. I'd have a hard time believing you yourself have never acted in a way that could be classed as selfish because everybody does. As long as people learn from their mistakes is the important thing, nobody is perfect and it would be a pretty boring world if everyone was. I fully believe in forgiving people and helping them become better versions of themselves, if you hold the kind of attitude you do, when all is said and done it's you that looks bad

D

Deleted member 15344

It was a little bit more than an affair wasn’t it ? 100’s of women whilst his wife and kids at home - it does paint a picture about the person he was back then and the lack of respect he had for his own family. It doesn’t take away from his achievement at the Masters but it does point to something that people will judge him for and something that can easily be used as a reason not to like him.

Sports stars do have indiscretions throughout their career - but Woods went a lot further than an indiscretion and it’s certainly not behaviour that people should really condone or sweep under the carpet

As for the people saying - can you blame him because people were throwing themselves at him - well yes I can blame him , it was his actions and they certainly couldn’t have been throwing themselves that much when he paid for a lot of it.

Some people won’t think it’s a major crime but for some morally it’s as poor as you can get. And then there is the drugs and driving

BUT

We are supposed to live in a world or rehabilitation and redemption with second chances and Woods right now seems to be trying to atone for his mistakes and his life of the course seems a world away from previous issues

D

Deleted member 16999

Surely their mistakes to make, everyone at one point or another does things they shouldn't. I'd have a hard time believing you yourself have never acted in a way that could be classed as selfish because everybody does. As long as people learn from their mistakes is the important thing, nobody is perfect and it would be a pretty boring world if everyone was. I fully believe in forgiving people and helping them become better versions of themselves, if you hold the kind of attitude you do, when all is said and done it's you that looks bad
Why is my integrity or moral values being questioned?
I’ve lost respect for Woods as a man because of the “proven” public way he treated his wife and family, no different to how I’d feel towards anyone.
Never said I was perfect or people shouldn’t be forgiven their mistakes, it’s not my job to forgive him, that’s down to those close to him.
I just find it unbelievable how people have shifted the blame on to the women.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It was a little bit more than an affair wasn’t it ? 100’s of women whilst his wife and kids at home - it does paint a picture about the person he was back then and the lack of respect he had for his own family. It doesn’t take away from his achievement at the Masters but it does point to something that people will judge him for and something that can easily be used as a reason not to like him.

Sports stars do have indiscretions throughout their career - but Woods went a lot further than an indiscretion and it’s certainly not behaviour that people should really condone or sweep under the carpet

As for the people saying - can you blame him because people were throwing themselves at him - well yes I can blame him , it was his actions and they certainly couldn’t have been throwing themselves that much when he paid for a lot of it.

Some people won’t think it’s a major crime but for some morally it’s as poor as you can get. And then there is the drugs and driving

BUT

We are supposed to live in a world or rehabilitation and redemption with second chances and Woods right now seems to be trying to atone for his mistakes and his life of the course seems a world away from previous issues
Drugs and driving? They were prescription drugs for his back pain, he shouldn't have been driving, ok but this happens thousands of times each day up and down the country, also for people to continue to try and put him down for past mistakes made a decade ago is just sad. Tiger knows what he done, he has seemed the help he needed and tried to become a better person. Nobody lost more out of this than tiger and his family but it is evident he does his utmost to be the best father to his children he can be which is all that can be asked. To continue to judge and try and devalue him as a person and his standing in golf because he did some things out with your moral code a decade ago is really just taking the biscuit. Everyone knows what happened, move on. Tiger and his family clearly have, some members of the golfing public clearly haven't.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Why is my integrity or moral values being questioned?
I’ve lost respect for Woods as a man because of the “proven” public way he treated his wife and family, no different to how I’d feel towards anyone.
Never said I was perfect or people shouldn’t be forgiven their mistakes, it’s not my job to forgive him, that’s down to those close to him.
I just find it unbelievable how people have shifted the blame on to the women.
It's not your job to judge him equally as it's not your job to forgive him. What music do you listen to, let's see if theres any serial cheaters on that list?

D

Deleted member 16999

It's not your job to judge him equally as it's not your job to forgive him. What music do you listen to, let's see if theres any serial cheaters on that list?
Again you’re questioning my character, have I demanded everyone takes my point of view? I’ve simply lost respect for him as a person.
Not wished him any harm, not said he shouldn’t continue with his life etc.
Look at the stick Kuchar got recently or Reed, did you come on and question those who were negative about them about their music tastes!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Again you’re questioning my character, have I demanded everyone takes my point of view? I’ve simply lost respect for him as a person.
Not wished him any harm, not said he shouldn’t continue with his life etc.
Look at the stick Kuchar got recently or Reed, did you come on and question those who were negative about them about their music tastes!
Well if you tar everyone that acts in a similar manner with the same brush fair enough, just thought it may be interesting to see if you hold any musicians who have made these mistakes in high esteem

D

Deleted member 16999

Well if you tar everyone that acts in a similar manner with the same brush fair enough, just thought it may be interesting to see if you hold any musicians who have made these mistakes in high esteem
Cheating, lying and risking your family for another person, yep, I do tar them with the same brush and lose some respect for them, don’t care if it’s a celebrity or the person in the street, regardless of gender or profession.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheating, lying and risking your family for another person, yep, I do tar them with the same brush and lose some respect for them, don’t care if it’s a celebrity or the person in the street, regardless of gender or profession.
Ok no worries, but please do tell us your music collection. I feel I could derive alot about your true narrative

D

Deleted member 16999

Ok no worries, but please do tell us your music collection. I feel I could derive alot about your true narrative
Absolutely anything and everything from Soul to Heavy Metal, currently enjoying Tom Walker’s Album.

D

Deleted member 16999

Sounds great you think there may be a few philanderers among them ?
Seriously mate, if you want to get personal or want to embarrass me, take it to pm, this is wasting the thread.
I have no respect for Woods as a family man, loved and love watching him on the golf course, ie, carrying out his profession, same response to any musician I listen to who may or may not be a cheat.