Masters 2019

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Think about it for a bit. With that second shot, most of us hackers and other tour pros would have gone for the green in spectacular style. Was it worth it? A big fat no. He could have blasted miles left with a double cross; he could have left himself a really bad bunker lie, both sides of the green; or slashed it with an over slice way right, leaving a hard chip over a bunker and down hill lie. What he left himself was a nice simple chip (for his level!) between the bunkers. Course management beyond most of us, is what I say.
Yes I know why he hit it, he picked a club that was short of the bunker and over cut it, he knew he would either get up and down or at worst make 5 and that's what happened. I think he could have hit it on the green but didn't want to run the risk of not cutting it enough and short siding himself. The tee shot was unlucky it sort of bounced right

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He hit it short right on purpose because he knew that if he over cut it, it was a simple pitch on and 2 putts. He did a 45 minute press interview where he answers stuff like this

he was 167 from the pin, hit an 8 iron and ended up 30-40 yards short and well right. He gave the 8 a fair wallop. Looked a bad shot to me - surely if he just wanted to lay up short he would have hit a wedge?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Time and time again ? Really- that’s his first major in 11 years , his second Comp win in about 4 years is it ?

And people will provide an opinion and as with many others sometimes opinions get proven wrong - that doesn’t mean people aren’t entitled to post them and it also shouldn’t mean they get juvenile responses .

2nd win in 6 years (his last win before the Tour Championship was 2013); or to put it another way, his 2nd win in his last 8 starts.

Just checked OWGR and he's not missed a cut since Shinnecock, and since that MC he's played 15 events, won 2 of them and had 7 top 10s. Playing some world class golf. Won't be long till he's back to #1 at this rate.

D

Deleted member 15344

And how many of those 11 years was he was truly injured?

Read what i wrote, they scoffed when he got the yips. Guess what, he worked hard and now his chipping/scrambling is right up there with best.
He drove like a ''dingdong'' end and now importantly has it mostly under control.
Now won the Tour Championship and a Major.

So yeah he has proved you haters wrong time and time again. Lets face it, whilst he was struggling I expect the few were happy about it.
The winning amount has no relevance to what i posted.

Again there it is - “you haters” , it’s just juvenile.

I don’t hate Woods , why would I ? And I suspect that’s valid for everyone

Just because people are critical of Woods doesn’t make them a hater and when the response is made it adds nothing.

People will be critical of Woods - there is nothing wrong with that , if you can’t handle that maybe the forum not the best place to be. People are critical of every single golfer out there - Rory has been the target of a lot of criticism and rightly so , I don’t see people being labelled Rory haters ? Same with any other golfer.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just because people are critical of Woods doesn’t make them a hater and when the response is made it adds nothing.

People will be critical of Woods - there is nothing wrong with that , if you can’t handle that maybe the forum not the best place to be. People are critical of every single golfer out there - Rory has been the target of a lot of criticism and rightly so , I don’t see people being labelled Rory haters ? Same with any other golfer.
Might need a lie down after this, but I totally agree, some of those saying people should forget his indescretions and move on etc are the same ones who don’t like Patrick Reed and mention his alleged behaviour off the course as the reason for their dislike.

User20204

Visit site
he was 167 from the pin, hit an 8 iron and ended up 30-40 yards short and well right. He gave the 8 a fair wallop. Looked a bad shot to me - surely if he just wanted to lay up short he would have hit a wedge?

He explains it in his press interview, he wanted to be right not left which is where a wedge out would've left him, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
I don't mind Tiger, actually like him more now after his indiscretions, has proved to me he's human, and makes mistakes. I used to find him a really boring person, totally devoid of character.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I'm sorry if I'm not as grown up as you. Maybe I am juvenile ;)

Nothing wrong with people throwing shade at Woods. You always throw subliminal digs that's fine. Is that not juvenile??
.All I'm doing is posting my 2cents on the matter.
It seem's to be you that can't handle it whenever the word ''hater'' is thrown out...so :unsure: It's no different when someone attacks Rory, you are always there to defend. I'm doing the exact same with Woods.

It's only words...:cool:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless they are a serial killer or maybe a neo nazi I’m not fussed about what my sporting icons are like off the field/course. I don’t take any moral guidance from them. Nor should my kids, plenty of others to fill that role.
Some may hold personal views I don’t share. It doesn’t matter.

I quite like it if they’re deeply flawed, it makes them more human.
I loved tigers reaction walking off around 18 yesterday, he was properly chuffed. He involved his kids, maybe some think he shouldn’t because of past behaviour.
All that makes him, at worst, is a hypocrite.....just like the rest of us

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm sorry if I'm not as grown up as you. Maybe I am juvenile ;)

Nothing wrong with people throwing shade at Woods. You always throw subliminal digs that's fine. Is that not juvenile??
.All I'm doing is posting my 2cents on the matter.
It seem's to be you that can't handle it whenever the word ''hater'' is thrown out...so :unsure: It's no different when someone attacks Rory, you are always there to defend. I'm doing the exact same with Woods.

It's only words...:cool:

Subliminal digs ?

Sorry but people don’t get called Rory haters when they are critical of Rory - most of the criticism of Rory is right , just like any critics of Woods over the years

He has had issues with his driver , with his chipping , etc - just because someone points that out as a reason for him not winning “at that time” doesn’t make them a hater

Why does it only happens from the Woods fan club ? Why are they the only ones to respond with the “hater” tag ? Does it help distract from the reasonable critical points about Woods ?

Most of the whinging and complaining right now seems to be from people who are fans of Woods - not sure what they are complaining about

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Subliminal digs ?

Sorry but people don’t get called Rory haters when they are critical of Rory - most of the criticism of Rory is right , just like any critics of Woods over the years

He has had issues with his driver , with his chipping , etc - just because someone points that out as a reason for him not winning “at that time” doesn’t make them a hater

Why does it only happens from the Woods fan club ? Why are they the only ones to respond with the “hater” tag ? Does it help distract from the reasonable critical points about Woods ?

Most of the whinging and complaining right now seems to be from people who are fans of Woods - not sure what they are complaining about
I think I am actually a bit of a Rory hater!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you think saying he's only won twice in the past 4 years a reasonable critical point ?

That point was in response to people saying time and time again he proves people wrong - Woods went a long time without a major even when he was fully fit and reached number one. Yes it’s reasonable- why wouldn’t it be

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
That’s Cam - he is South African - he doesn’t know his left from his right.

Being South African has rock all to do with this. I just really really hate Tiger Woods. I respect his ability as a golfer but I don’t want him to do well.

And Phil I know that if you had a tinder profile every lady on there would swipe left for you :ROFLMAO:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Subliminal digs ?

Quite abit of the whinging as come from you aswell Phil 👍🏻