Car Recommendations

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's getting close to time when I need to admit defeat and get a new car..... But I have no interest in cars really so no idea what I want and not much enthusiasm to research it.

So... what should I be looking at?

What I want/need:

* big enough boot to comfortably fit golf clubs in cart bag and electric trolley, obscured from outside view, without taking clubs out the bag and without having to pass the "krypton factor" to get it all in.
* comfortable for longish distance trips
* needs a decent wee bit of acceleration, i.e. you're not willing it to move despite having your foot flat on the floor!
* preferably can disable the annoying beeping when the passenger seatbelt isn't fastened!
* less than £25K
* probably lots of other things I haven't thought about

OK, what cars have you got, that you like and can easily fit your clubs in the boot?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mazda3..... my clubs stay in the Sun Mountain C13O bag and have the Golfstream Revolution in with them and all under the parcel shelf and invisible to outside persons.
The previous generation of Honda Civic also did the same, as I found out when searching for what I have now.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got a Renault Grand Scenic that ticks several of the boxes that you are looking for. But for God's sake do not buy one. It is a horrible piece of junk and I look forward to the day I can afford to scrap it or it gets written off in an accident.

Ford Mondeo or Mondeo estate will likely be my replacement when I do get rid of it and that would fulfill many (if not all) of your requirements.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Any Honda fulfils the first criteria Karen, even the Jazz; it's apparently a Honda design requirement :thup:

And no, that is not a recommendation for a Jazz as it fails miserably on point 3; it's 0 - 60 by next Tuesday. :rofl:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought a Nissan Pulsar, top Of the range, auto, leather seats, reversing cameras etc etc. Can get all my golf gear in the huge boot. Drives very comfortable and quiet.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mondeo estate is an amazing car, not the diesel though. The petrol engines now are so advanced, they glide along with all the power you'll need.

Never heard of passenger seat belt warning going off with no one in it. On some cars if you have a hefty bag on the seat it will think there is a passenger seated.

Good luck in your search.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just in case no one has mentioned it before, plug in the passenger side seat belt, just leave it in. As has been mentioned the warning is weight sensitive. I do this quite often.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mazda3..... my clubs stay in the Sun Mountain C13O bag and have the Golfstream Revolution in with them and all under the parcel shelf and invisible to outside persons.
The previous generation of Honda Civic also did the same, as I found out when searching for what I have now.

Quite like the look of that.... no boot space photos on their website annoyingly!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just in case no one has mentioned it before, plug in the passenger side seat belt, just leave it in. As has been mentioned the warning is weight sensitive. I do this quite often.

Yeah me too, but I never remember until I'm going round a corner, too fast, with a bag on the seat and the damn thing starts beeping!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I bought a Nissan Pulsar, top Of the range, auto, leather seats, reversing cameras etc etc. Can get all my golf gear in the huge boot. Drives very comfortable and quiet.

Wouldn't have looked at this - seems too small to have enough boot space! Certainly better on the price side!

D

Deleted member 15344

Wont go far wrong with a Kia Ceed, why have a 3 year warranty when you can have 7! Also have change out of your budget for some new sticks :p

This - Kia’s are superb now and the warranty is excellent and worth a lot.