Car Recommendations

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
A Ford Focus Estate. 1.0 Ecoboost (125ps). You’ll be able to get very well spec’d 17 plate with little miles for £15-18k. Great cars for non motor heads

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Definitely liking the look of that boot!

The boot is massive, the Skoda superb is even bigger.

I've had both, but love my Superb. Bought for 11k when 4 years old, 30k on the clock.

You may have to but a nearly new one, but think you might have some change, as well. 2.0 litre turbo in diesel, loads of bells and whistles also.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Honda Civic has the best boot of any hatchback

I have a 9 year old one and it fits my clubs with the driver in, electric trolley, battery. Shoes etc with room to spare

Also own a Honda hrv as of Saturday. Again massive boot.. slightly taller. Under 25k just

Ordered through carwow saved 3k total

You can get cheaper but went for top model

Lovely cars hondas and they have to fit full set of clubs in boot someone on here told me

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Kia Niro. And it’s a hybrid too. I get 70mpg when I’m driving Miss Daisy, and 60 when I still think I can push it a bit.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Peugeot 2008. Go for the 1.2 with 130PS and you get a 6 speed gearbox, superb performance and about 55/60 mpg along with "pseudo" 4WD (Gripcontrol) and in GT Line trim, enough bells and whistles to keep anyone happy.
Back seats fold completely flat to give you a massive amount of boot space and very comfortable seating.
Only bad point (in my view) is the silly handbrake design, but if you can live with that (and plenty do) then they are a great car and a GT line will fit well under your budget.
The Kia 7 year warranty is good, but take Kia's above average depreciation into account and you're paying for it along the way.
Better to buy a lesser depreciating car and pay extra for a few years additional warranty.......

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another vote for the Skoda Superb. Ticks all your boxes and the boot is huge - will take 4 sets of clubs plus luggage for a long weekend. Or 2 sets & two trolleys with ease. If you needed more space, the estate version has even more room. Had mine a year now & love it. I lease it so not sure of pricing, but a new one should be in budget - if not, a top spec "nearly new" certainly will be.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hard to beat the Mondeo and ticks all your boxes. I have the 1.6 turbo petrol and their is no need for more. Boot space silly big and the space in the cabin feels unrivaled to me. Overtaking is as easy as it gets - this car can move when you need it to. Lovely car for cruising long distances/holidays and on golf overnight trips my friends always want me to take my car, not theirs. Not the ideal car for short bursts/journeys. It eats petrol, but you can't have everything. I'm happy to pay a little more for fuel for what I get in return.

Also excellent to drive....so smooth and handles really well. I personally think it looks good to boot. Good luck in your search

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If it's storage one is after, the boot on the Skoda Octavia is half as big again - and the Superb nearly double!

The picture I posted has 550L which contrasts well with the 340L of Karens Seat Leon

Karen also wanted ''a decent wee bit of acceleration''

My car 0-60 is 8.5secs

So storage and performance
:thup:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
On a slight tangent, I have my cart bag, my S7 remote trolley, a full set of clubs and my golf shoes, in the boot of my Z4.

And I can still put the roof down.

D

Deleted Member 1156

So many questions need to be answered before you can make a choice!

What type of driving......mainly city or urban?
How many miles a year?
New or used? You can get a PCP on a used car. £25k budget would get you a very nice nearly new Audi/BMW/Merc.
Any preference between petrol/diesel/hybrid/electric?