Speed Limiting Cars

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is there a ‘need’ for any car to do over 80 on any road? If not, shouldn’t all cars be limited to this?

For track days the organisers could have special one-off override codes.

Over in the UK probably not.. sure people will argue "but I might drive to germany one day and then im a danger on the autobahns" prob never go to germany .. just another what if

id say limiting UK cars to 80mph wouldnt be a bad thing at all, limit is 70 and allows for all these "emergency" situations that come up in doomsday planning or brief moments people say I need to go over to get back down again

will defo make the roads safer... 2 lane roads yesterday for example back over into the left hand lane doing 70 come to a car everytime doing 55-60 (fine perfectly safe) go to overtake and there is Mr hoover exhaust bombing past about 90-100mph who then catch the car in front.. flash them.. and then undertake and get stuck .. everytime

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Speed alone is not the reason for accidents. I disagree with cars going over 130mph that’s excessive in my mind. I am also worried about cars that accelerate to 60 in less than 5 seconds.. this requires serious skill.
However saying that I see stuff at low speed and cars just causing mayhem at speeds below the speed limits. Also as a driver if you don’t feel confident to drive at the limits you shouldn’t be in a car or your car is not roadworthy .. all of which is mainly over looked by speed cameras which are generally used to generate Christmas party money 😳🤭