Rear ended, but no visible damage. Advice please.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for everyone’s replies on this.

Update. I spoke to the dealership that I bought the car from and they said they’d check the car over but they charge £90 to do this.

So I spoke to the other woman and explained I’d be happy to keep insurance out of it if there genuinely is no damage but I would need it checking properly. She was happy to pay the £90 and has bank transferred it to me. So I’ll get it checked properly and hopefully all is ok.

Thanks again.

Sounds like a risky strategy to me. What if there is damage (the plastic bumper usually covers a metal/alloy crumple zone) that needs repair? Have you not just agreed and taken payment to settle the matter?

I know it might not feel like that but she can now say that you agreed to keep insurance out of it and made payment to you to conclude.

Good luck though.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for everyone’s replies on this.

Update. I spoke to the dealership that I bought the car from and they said they’d check the car over but they charge £90 to do this.

So I spoke to the other woman and explained I’d be happy to keep insurance out of it if there genuinely is no damage but I would need it checking properly. She was happy to pay the £90 and has bank transferred it to me. So I’ll get it checked properly and hopefully all is ok.

Thanks again.
Is that how it finished?

Asking because I just got rear ended at low speed with no visible damage on either car, ignoring the cosmetic ones on my 57 plate Focus.
I was stationary, the Beamer behind started Eva use the van further ahead started.

Edit: I logged it with the insurers. Reading some stories about insurance being voided if not logged and found out later, eg the other party logged it.

Last edited: