Octobers birthday treat

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So as part of Tashyboys 60th birthday Treat from March. Every month on the 1st Missis T surprises me with a monthly envelope to say what me surprise is. And today we ended up in the Doncaster area on a track day in three cars. Holden by Missis Tash.
First up was an E Type Jag. Bottom line it was as basic as you could expect. 4 speed manual steering wheel big enough to turn a tanker and arms like Garth needed to turn it. It was a brute. Last time I was in one I was about 9 yr old.
Next up was a Maserati GT. Quite simply it was an untamed beast, paddle shift up and down and it was just unashamed power. It sounded and performed exceptional. Missis T booked that coz I like the Italian cars.
Last up was an 18 year old Aston Martin DB9. For 10 mins I was Tash Bond. Without a shadow of a doubt It was my favourite by a country mile. The guy that sat with me really explained the GT aspect of the car. The steady supply of power compared to the Maserati. The easier paddle shift. Quite simply it was quintessentially British and I loved it.
Last off is one lap in car where a guy drives toy round in a car where he drives it like he has stolen it. God some folk can handle a car.
Re the day it is set up to milk money and they do a bloody good job of doing it. The experience of driving a car that 99% of us can only dream of is a once in a lifetime.
On a downer, the cars look absolutely hammered and a bit/ lot scruffy. The Maserati had an airbag warning light on and a wheel pressure sensor light on. The Atom had broke down. But it did not put of the hundreds paying out there brass. The Airfield strip Track was bang average so if I was to do it again. It would be on a track but I would deffo do it again.
cheers Missis T from Bond, Tash Bond.
PS, think Ave broke the British record for the fastest Pair of Crocs 🥸

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Me & my dad did a track day a few years back.
I drove a Ferrari & dad drove an Aston Martin.
Then a bloke dressed like the Stig took us round in an Ariel Atom.
That thing made the Ferrari feel like a Fiesta.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So as part of Tashyboys 60th birthday Treat from March. Every month on the 1st Missis T surprises me with a monthly envelope to say what me surprise is. And today we ended up in the Doncaster area on a track day in three cars. Holden by Missis Tash.
First up was an E Type Jag. Bottom line it was as basic as you could expect. 4 speed manual steering wheel big enough to turn a tanker and arms like Garth needed to turn it. It was a brute. Last time I was in one I was about 9 yr old.
Next up was a Maserati GT. Quite simply it was an untamed beast, paddle shift up and down and it was just unashamed power. It sounded and performed exceptional. Missis T booked that coz I like the Italian cars.
Last up was an 18 year old Aston Martin DB9. For 10 mins I was Tash Bond. Without a shadow of a doubt It was my favourite by a country mile. The guy that sat with me really explained the GT aspect of the car. The steady supply of power compared to the Maserati. The easier paddle shift. Quite simply it was quintessentially British and I loved it.
Last off is one lap in car where a guy drives toy round in a car where he drives it like he has stolen it. God some folk can handle a car.
Re the day it is set up to milk money and they do a bloody good job of doing it. The experience of driving a car that 99% of us can only dream of is a once in a lifetime.
On a downer, the cars look absolutely hammered and a bit/ lot scruffy. The Maserati had an airbag warning light on and a wheel pressure sensor light on. The Atom had broke down. But it did not put of the hundreds paying out there brass. The Airfield strip Track was bang average so if I was to do it again. It would be on a track but I would deffo do it again.
cheers Missis T from Bond, Tash Bond.
PS, think Ave broke the British record for the fastest Pair of Crocs 🥸
You’ve obviously not seen the Croc brigade when they open a new till at Aldi.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Many years ago I did a Jonathon Palmer track day (paid for by Oracle, bless them), where we drove a variety of cars.

The most fun was a Caterham 7 JPE. At the briefing, they said "This car has 190 HP. The first 90 are useful, the rest is just there to get you into trouble".

The strangest experience was a Formula Ford 2000, which had slick tyres and wings.
It's the only time I've ever driven a car with that much grip and downforce and in the few laps I had it was utterly impossible to get your head around it.
At no point could I ever bring myself to believe how fast I could go into a corner, and never once got anywhere near its capabilities.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've done a supercar experience at the Top Gear track. Extra premium for that, m'Lord. Drove a Ferrari 360, GTR Nismo, McLaren 570S, Caterham (I think) and a Porsche 911. All good experience, but as Tashy says, all cars were "well worn".

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Palmer experience days are great but expensive.

I’ve done a few track days in various super cars, and they are a lot of fun.

Karting is the most fun. Especially if there are a few of you that are a similar standard.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Me & my dad did a track day a few years back.
I drove a Ferrari & dad drove an Aston Martin.
Then a bloke dressed like the Stig took us round in an Ariel Atom.
That thing made the Ferrari feel like a Fiesta.
A Fiesta ST is a fast car with amazing handling.
You take that right back.
KenL
ps I own and love my mk8 Fiesta ST3. 😍

Pin-seeker

Visit site
A Fiesta ST is a fast car with amazing handling.
You take that right back.
KenL
ps I own and love my mk8 Fiesta ST3. 😍
Yeah.
The Ariel Atom is more like a go kart.
Seem to remember it beating most of the super cars around the track on top gear.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
At the other end of the motoring spectrum speed wise.....a skid pan day is actually really fun as well as being hugely informative and instructive.

Did one at Thruxton maybe 25 years ago....battered old car with tyres pumped up near to bursting on a wet oily slopy pan....huge fun....remember it to this day.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Back in the early nineties, I was invited to a best of British sports car day at Mallory park. I was a passenger in a race prepared Caterham seven. I was took round by a guy in his mid sixties. He frightened the bloody life out of me. The car was epic.
you had a choice to go around last Friday in an Airel Atom. I decline, glad I did.It broke down.