No Tattoos this time, Yaay

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So today I turned up at Clinic 7. Todays procedure was a Prostate Biopsy. The history is my brother who is 11 months older was diagnosed with Prostate cancer. So MissisT, top ex urology nurse says you’re having a PSA test. Unfortunately they booked me in to soon after my Colonoscopy/ first Tattoo. That PSAwas five, when I went to Clinic 7 about six weeks ago they did another PSA test instead of the prostate biopsy. That came back as 3.6. If it was 3.5. Happy days, so I was advised to leave it a month. No rumpy pumpy for the last week and another test. It’s now 3.2. Happy days Then. No. It was recommended that I still be legally violated and have the procedure. So today me and Missis T turns up at 8.30.
It then went a bit well odd. I was given the option of “ do I want it done as I am borderline“. Bottom ( there’s that pun again) line. It was the second time I had been in, got my head around it and I needed peace of mind. If my prostate is cancerous, I can deal with it. If it’s not, I can deal with it. I have family history of prostates being cancerous and I have a younger brother To think of. So I Decided to get it done.
Off with me clothes and on with my gown. And into the Biopsy room I walked. Now the operating chair looked like something out of a torture museum I saw in San Marino many years ago. And for some reason it reminded me of something Irish women would be in when having a

Symphysiotomy​

many years ago. (I learned about that last week when in Scotland). Google it. Laying on yer back with your legs strapped into the Stirrups is not my idea of relaxation.
I felt we had not got off to a good start when it came to first impressions. It didn’t get any better. Next thing a complete stranger is shaving my perinium, ( the bit between yer scphincter and yer Goolies). If I had known that was happening I would of either A, done it myself, B asked Missis T to do it or C, slipped the Turkish barber a fiver last Sunday when I was in Carlisle and asked him to do it. If that was not bad enough. They then spray a freeze spray on your shaven area. I can honestly say I have never had my toes curl so much as at that point. Once that had dried and the stinging sensation stopped. I then had some extra sticky Tittie tape placed around my Crown Jewels to hold them “ up”. Which I found kinda amusing because they had retracted to side of my tonsils because of the cold spray. At that point I realised I had dropped a bollock, ( another pun). I had mentioned to the surgeon I was a City fan and I prayed to god he didn’t follow Utd or Liverpool. Fortunately he didn’t.
My new best friend then explained the procedure. Stick a needle or two into the shaved and frozen area ( at that point I broke my Toe curling record) and then Start taking bits of your prostate out with an implement that goes click every time he has taken a chunk. I expected 3 or four clicks. After about 20 clicks the nurse. (I say the nurse, there was five in the room), Said “ we are half way through it”. It was at this point I was in a bit of a panic coz without sounding uncouth. I was bursting for a dump. Well at least it felt like.I was assured that everyone says that. It was no consolation.
Throughout the invasive procedure, we talked about Take That ( went to see the show last night in Nottingham), Holidays, Colonoscopy’, (four of us have had one). All of the discussion designed to take my mind off a probe that was rammed up my Jacksy and a needle in my Prostate. Good effort on behalf of the nurses but, all I could think about was a probe up me Jacksy and a needle in my prostate. Even when the surgeon stuck his finger up me South Pole and said “ your prostate feels very good”. I didn’t feel like sharing his good news on Facebook. Maybe I wasn’t feeling the moment. I suspect I wasn’t the only one. But like the Golf forum everyone is different.
Eventually the procedure was completed and all in all they took about 30-40 biopsy’s, I wondered if the Surgeon was on a performance related bonus. My Prostate felt like a dart board. I was cleaned up and through gritted teeth I thanked everyone. The Tittie tape was removed from my Goolies and my Goolies now look Like Two Kojaks heads side by side. It was at that point I realised I had been a little hasty in thanking everyone.
I was cleaned up and taken to a recovery room. I was told I have to have a cuppa tea and could not leave without doing a tiddle. I was told to expect blood in my urine and South Pole when I go to the toilet. So with said cardboard tiddle holder in hand I started. Now even though I had been told to expect the crimson tide, it is something of a shock to see it flowing outta yer pecker. Even more so when it stops and then a clot comes out. I said to Missis T “ that felt like a clot”.She said “ it sounded like one”. Now how the hell do you know what a blood clot coming outta your pecker sounds like? Apparently Missis T has heard it thousands of times in her job. It’s something we have never got round to talking about whilst at the beach. Suffice to say Missis T has said I need to drink gallons of water to flush through the blood that has collected. Anyway I eventually finished and made my way very slowly to the car with lube and lord knows what swishing around the back end of me shorts. Am sat at home and it feels like Ave got a golf ball between me cheeks.
So would I recommend it. Most definitely. The mind is a powerful thing and me personally I couldn’t go to bed at night wondering where I was re the health of my prostate. In a week or twos time I will find out my results. It will be what it will be but I will cross that bridge when I get to it.
I have always been of the ilk a “stitch in time” Etc. Short term am off to bed to try and make this golf ball up me butt a bit more comfortable.
Have a good day folks a listen to your body. 👍😘

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was worth the procedure just for us all to read that :ROFLMAO: .

Well done, it is something that affects so many men, no point trying to hide from it. I hope your butt starts to feel better soon (y)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think Tashy’s “listen to your body“ is one of THE most important comments you will ever read on the forum. In Sept 2017, after a few months of is it a bit of IBS, I went to the docs. Short version; bowel cancer, operated on quickly and one of the 5% that didn’t need chemo. The recovery period was almost a year, and there’s still a ‘weakness,’ but the alternative would have been worse.

Listen to your body!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So today I turned up at Clinic 7. Todays procedure was a Prostate Biopsy. The history is my brother who is 11 months older was diagnosed with Prostate cancer. So MissisT, top ex urology nurse says you’re having a PSA test. Unfortunately they booked me in to soon after my Colonoscopy/ first Tattoo. That PSAwas five, when I went to Clinic 7 about six weeks ago they did another PSA test instead of the prostate biopsy. That came back as 3.6. If it was 3.5. Happy days, so I was advised to leave it a month. No rumpy pumpy for the last week and another test. It’s now 3.2. Happy days Then. No. It was recommended that I still be legally violated and have the procedure. So today me and Missis T turns up at 8.30.
It then went a bit well odd. I was given the option of “ do I want it done as I am borderline“. Bottom ( there’s that pun again) line. It was the second time I had been in, got my head around it and I needed peace of mind. If my prostate is cancerous, I can deal with it. If it’s not, I can deal with it. I have family history of prostates being cancerous and I have a younger brother To think of. So I Decided to get it done.
Off with me clothes and on with my gown. And into the Biopsy room I walked. Now the operating chair looked like something out of a torture museum I saw in San Marino many years ago. And for some reason it reminded me of something Irish women would be in when having a

Symphysiotomy​

many years ago. (I learned about that last week when in Scotland). Google it. Laying on yer back with your legs strapped into the Stirrups is not my idea of relaxation.
I felt we had not got off to a good start when it came to first impressions. It didn’t get any better. Next thing a complete stranger is shaving my perinium, ( the bit between yer scphincter and yer Goolies). If I had known that was happening I would of either A, done it myself, B asked Missis T to do it or C, slipped the Turkish barber a fiver last Sunday when I was in Carlisle and asked him to do it. If that was not bad enough. They then spray a freeze spray on your shaven area. I can honestly say I have never had my toes curl so much as at that point. Once that had dried and the stinging sensation stopped. I then had some extra sticky Tittie tape placed around my Crown Jewels to hold them “ up”. Which I found kinda amusing because they had retracted to side of my tonsils because of the cold spray. At that point I realised I had dropped a bollock, ( another pun). I had mentioned to the surgeon I was a City fan and I prayed to god he didn’t follow Utd or Liverpool. Fortunately he didn’t.
My new best friend then explained the procedure. Stick a needle or two into the shaved and frozen area ( at that point I broke my Toe curling record) and then Start taking bits of your prostate out with an implement that goes click every time he has taken a chunk. I expected 3 or four clicks. After about 20 clicks the nurse. (I say the nurse, there was five in the room), Said “ we are half way through it”. It was at this point I was in a bit of a panic coz without sounding uncouth. I was bursting for a dump. Well at least it felt like.I was assured that everyone says that. It was no consolation.
Throughout the invasive procedure, we talked about Take That ( went to see the show last night in Nottingham), Holidays, Colonoscopy’, (four of us have had one). All of the discussion designed to take my mind off a probe that was rammed up my Jacksy and a needle in my Prostate. Good effort on behalf of the nurses but, all I could think about was a probe up me Jacksy and a needle in my prostate. Even when the surgeon stuck his finger up me South Pole and said “ your prostate feels very good”. I didn’t feel like sharing his good news on Facebook. Maybe I wasn’t feeling the moment. I suspect I wasn’t the only one. But like the Golf forum everyone is different.
Eventually the procedure was completed and all in all they took about 30-40 biopsy’s, I wondered if the Surgeon was on a performance related bonus. My Prostate felt like a dart board. I was cleaned up and through gritted teeth I thanked everyone. The Tittie tape was removed from my Goolies and my Goolies now look Like Two Kojaks heads side by side. It was at that point I realised I had been a little hasty in thanking everyone.
I was cleaned up and taken to a recovery room. I was told I have to have a cuppa tea and could not leave without doing a tiddle. I was told to expect blood in my urine and South Pole when I go to the toilet. So with said cardboard tiddle holder in hand I started. Now even though I had been told to expect the crimson tide, it is something of a shock to see it flowing outta yer pecker. Even more so when it stops and then a clot comes out. I said to Missis T “ that felt like a clot”.She said “ it sounded like one”. Now how the hell do you know what a blood clot coming outta your pecker sounds like? Apparently Missis T has heard it thousands of times in her job. It’s something we have never got round to talking about whilst at the beach. Suffice to say Missis T has said I need to drink gallons of water to flush through the blood that has collected. Anyway I eventually finished and made my way very slowly to the car with lube and lord knows what swishing around the back end of me shorts. Am sat at home and it feels like Ave got a golf ball between me cheeks.
So would I recommend it. Most definitely. The mind is a powerful thing and me personally I couldn’t go to bed at night wondering where I was re the health of my prostate. In a week or twos time I will find out my results. It will be what it will be but I will cross that bridge when I get to it.
I have always been of the ilk a “stitch in time” Etc. Short term am off to bed to try and make this golf ball up me butt a bit more comfortable.
My mate had the same thing last Wednesday.
He's got his results last night .................... all clear.
Wishing you all the best, Tashy, all the very best.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Tash, how anyone can have me crying with laughter when reading about perhaps the most unpleasant procedure I have ever been through is testament to your positivity. Fingers crossed mate, and if you need to chat, you know where I am.

D

Deleted member 25172

I hope your result will be just as good as your post. Never have I cried of laughter reading a post on this forum until today.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Symphysiotomy​

I had a prostate biopsy last year and it was different to yours Tash, I had no shave no freeze spray no tittie tape , I had 10 clicks that was enough, 30-40 don’t think I could have stood that , the after affects were not nice as you so eloquently put it blood coming out of your pecker😂

Anyway all the best for your results

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Most of my 4 years of biopsies felt like they were being taken with toe nail clippers and no anaesthetic! Luckily I had some taken nearly a year ago when they used what should be called the "Tashy" method 😣😣 and they were able to take biopsies from an area that couldn't be reached before - like the dark side of the moon !

I remember asking the guy taking the samples whether he ever thought that looking at some guys nether regions and sticking a snipper up a hole, as Tashy put it, the jacksy, was a calling he needed to achieve in life.

Anyhow, that 20'ish samples showed a more aggressive cancer and by February last year, a surgeon with a large leather gloved hand, was ripping out my prostate. Now if you're 50 years old your prostate may be 45'ish grams large, my beast was 130!

Now I do a PSI test every 3 months and so far the readings has been " non detectable " which is the best there is, and I'm due a result next week

Please please get yourself checked if you have any fear you might have prostate cancer - it's really not worth dying from !

Billysboots

Visit site
Most of my 4 years of biopsies felt like they were being taken with toe nail clippers and no anaesthetic! Luckily I had some taken nearly a year ago when they used what should be called the "Tashy" method 😣😣 and they were able to take biopsies from an area that couldn't be reached before - like the dark side of the moon !

I remember asking the guy taking the samples whether he ever thought that looking at some guys nether regions and sticking a snipper up a hole, as Tashy put it, the jacksy, was a calling he needed to achieve in life.

Anyhow, that 20'ish samples showed a more aggressive cancer and by February last year, a surgeon with a large leather gloved hand, was ripping out my prostate. Now if you're 50 years old your prostate may be 45'ish grams large, my beast was 130!

Now I do a PSI test every 3 months and so far the readings has been " non detectable " which is the best there is, and I'm due a result next week

Please please get yourself checked if you have any fear you might have prostate cancer - it's really not worth dying from !

Very well put, Chris. Best of luck with the results next week - I’m now two years post surgery and on half yearly PSA tests. Always an anxious time.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great post Tash, probably one of the most important posted on here in years!
I would certainly agree with that Ade.
Very entertaining post Tash and a great positive attitude!

I'm 13 years out now, it's almost like it never happened!
Reference the biopsy, Rlburnside, Billysboots, Chrisd and yourself have all had slightly different experiences which just goes to show that everybody's journey is different.
Very best of luck with it all to you Tash and others affected.
Remember, your glass is always half full! 🍷👍

OAP

Visit site
Certainly agree with getting it checked, I had urine retention last November and ended up in A&E in agony, hadn't been for a wee for 15 hours. Result was a temporary catheter, 1.5 litres voided. Urologist said she'd heard of one bloke who voided 5.5 litres !!!
End result was MRI scan and Biopsy, no shave or freeze spray though. Weird when he took the first "sample" made a sound like the doors in Star Trek. took 24 total (counted every one). Results took 6 weeks to come back and were benign. Then the letter came saying as a mark showed up on MRI scan a more invasive Biopsy was needed. Terrified about being put in such an undignified position again i could have a general Anathestic , another 6 weeks for results and again benign. Still can't wee so looks like they are going to give my prostate a "re-bore" as she put it like coring an apple!! TURPS i believe it's called. So 10 months later I still have a catheter , although not temporary one anymore, changed every 3 months. So the outcome is even through the indignity, slight pain and worry while you wait for results it was totally worth it and would recommend to everyone of a certain age to GET IT CHECKED.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just a quick update. Had a call from the Hospital. My biopsies are all cancer free. Boom. So that will do Tash. On a downer am off to Normandy tomorrow and Missis Tash says “ no alcohol” as I could go into fluid retention. 😖 There’s some days you wish you were married to a window cleaner. So now I feel like celebrating, it’s with a cuppa tea and a hobknob.

That aside, guys get your self in for a PSA if your over 50. 👍

Thanks for the messages,

Love Tash 😘

Billysboots

Visit site
Just a quick update. Had a call from the Hospital. My biopsies are all cancer free. Boom. So that will do Tash. On a downer am off to Normandy tomorrow and Missis Tash says “ no alcohol” as I could go into fluid retention. 😖 There’s some days you wish you were married to a window cleaner. So now I feel like celebrating, it’s with a cuppa tea and a hobknob.

That aside, guys get your self in for a PSA if your over 50. 👍

Thanks for the messages,

Love Tash 😘

Great news, Tash!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had a phone call today from my urology nurse as a follow up to my recent PSA blood test. I've now gone some 20 months with a PSA being "non detectable" and it just doesn't get better than that. One more test with the same result will see me scrubbed off the cancer pathway 😁

There is no need to die of prostate cancer
Please see your doctor if you have any symptoms that could be prostate cancer related

Tashyboy

Visit site
I had a phone call today from my urology nurse as a follow up to my recent PSA blood test. I've now gone some 20 months with a PSA being "non detectable" and it just doesn't get better than that. One more test with the same result will see me scrubbed off the cancer pathway 😁

There is no need to die of prostate cancer
Please see your doctor if you have any symptoms that could be prostate cancer related
Chuffed to bits for you chrisd. Told Missis T when she got home and she shed a few tears bless her.

Last edited: