No tattoos this time

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So as Tashyboys attempts to educate the forum on the finer arts of health awareness. Let’s continue with chapter two.

So a couple of months ago my brother who is 61 was diagnosed with prostate cancer. missis Tash who was a urology nurse explained the connection between family history of prostate cancer, ie My grandad and brother. Furthermore she explained the higher chance of sisters having breast and ovarian cancer. Bottom ( there’s that word again) line she urged, advised, Nelson arm locked me, told me to speak to the GP to request a PSA blood test. So seeing as a happy wife= a happy life, I did. A little prick later and me blood is on its way to be tested. Suffice to say my reading measured 5. Which meant exactly nothing to me, but it meant a trip to Kings Mill hospital at 8.40 am Sunday morning For an MRI. So when every City fan in the UK is getting smashed singing championes championes ole ole ole. I was having a cuppa tea.

So Sunday morning I had my MRI, and after half an hour of listening to Bang bang bang I got changed and found a guys wallet on the floor in the changing room. I felt dead chuffed giving it to the guy on the MRI table waiting for his bang bang bang moment.

Today has been mental, hour and an half at the nursing home with FIL ( and that is another enlightening story) an hour with MIL, and hour with parents and me then saying to Missis T “I need to speak to the drs as am on me jols next week and the hospital will contact the GP who will want to talk to me when am lay on a beach bulging in me speedos and Crocs”. Missis T then pulls out an Ace card. She said I will ring the department I worked at. 😳 Apparently they deal with anything that may be “ sinister”. The conversation went like this. Tashyboys prostate Is 28mm meaning it’s small.but theres summat there. His scan shows It Is a 3 out of five. Now if I was at skool and got a three, am happy, that’s a pass. But when it come to your walnut shaped prostate. It means once more my sphincter is being stretched again whilst they take a biopsy. At the moment I always thought a “Buy one get one free“ was summat at the supermarket, and did not mean my sewer pipe being legally stretched twice in a month. Am sure one of the kids is getting me a butt plug for Father’s Day.

But the point is this. I have spent most of my working career advising coal miners on their health and giving advice. So I couldn’t ignore the advice from Missis T. At the moment it’s not perfect and it’s not Cancer or clear until the biopsy is done. My advice to guys and ladies who have a family history of Prostate cancer. Get yourself a PSA test. Also listening to Missis T and yesterdays news, black men have a higher risk of getting prostate cancer. So get yourself tested.

Looking at the positives. At least I don’t have another tattoo. 👍

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m 33. My grandad had prostate cancer (caught early, all fine although sadly not with us anymore due to other reasons…). My dad has prostate issues, currently not cancer, but it ain’t right! I am now 2 years in remission from testicular cancer after having the offending article removed, and then 6 months later having chemo- and then radiotherapy.

The moment I get a letter saying “we’d like to get you in to check your prostate” I will be there in a shot.

Got to hand it to you, Tash, your wish to make people aware is excellent. And is something I’ve massively subscribed to since first finding my lump. Keep fighting the good fight!

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Trying to keep an eye on possible health threats is a postcode lottery.
My dad, grandad and uncle all died of exactly the same thing: a ruptured thoracic aortic anuerism. So it seems sensible for me to have regular checks.

When I lived in Watford there was no problem.
Since moving to Devon and having informed my doctor of the need, waiting for any action is like watching tumbleweed.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
A witty post as always, Tash, but with a sobering and very serious message.

Hope all goes well and, if you need an ear to bend, feel free to PM me. Having been there I’m happy to share my experiences if you think it may help.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Cheers guys and many thanks for the responses. As much as I can talk rammel for England, I don’t want it sound sound that it’s about me. It’s about Us. My train of thought is that for a generation I have educated miners, a lot of miners who are ignorant of their health re what they should and should not do. I am not of the ilk that because its me “ it don’t count”. It does. Re me and my health, it is what it is. But a stitch in time could save time. Re a BOGOF On my back passage, it may well be not the manly thing to do but the more serious consequences are unmeasurable.
Cheers guys and look after yourselves.