Buying a car.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Have you looked at Auto Trader online? It's a really good site and filters well.
It was auto trader which I have seen the cars on. Been very good, the price difference between cars is unreal. The cars I have seen today were the best prices re mileage. But have still not sold. 🤔 going to hang on a while yet.👍

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Planning on handing my PCP'd Skoda Kodiaq ('23 plate) back to the dealer in December as moving overseas. Got a couple of quotes from websites (e.g. webuyanycar) to get a very rough idea of value.

Given the discussion in this thread, is the value I've been quoted for trade in *now* likely to decrease by a chunk giving there is a September plate release? I hadn't thought about it until now.....

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
CX-5 and MX-5 are two very, very different cars.
I very much doubt I could get into an MX 5 nowadays.That said, I was round at my sons the other day and his neighbours son came round to see his mum and show off his car. It is the first time I have seen one. It was an Alfa Romeo. 4c Coupe and simply gorgeous.

Arleneg

Visit site
I had the same dilemma last year when I was buying a car. I ended up waiting until the new plates came out, and I did see prices drop on the previous year's models and had a lot more options to choose from. If you can wait, you might get a better deal and more choice after Sept 1st. But if you find a great deal now that fits your needs, it might be worth grabbing it before someone else does.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Planning on handing my PCP'd Skoda Kodiaq ('23 plate) back to the dealer in December as moving overseas. Got a couple of quotes from websites (e.g. webuyanycar) to get a very rough idea of value.

Given the discussion in this thread, is the value I've been quoted for trade in *now* likely to decrease by a chunk giving there is a September plate release? I hadn't thought about it until now.....
Difficult one to answer really. The price is affected by more than just new plates being released.

In addition to the usual Age, Spec, Mileage, Condition probably one of the biggest factors is how common the car is on the market.

Cars with few available on the market aren’t really affected by new plates really.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Have you considered taking it to wbac now and getting them to pay off the finance and then pay you the difference? They used to do that , my mate did it a few times, saves the hassle of buying off the PCP then selling it yourself

Edit just seen your moving away so you won't want to buy another car

You might lose some value on it between now and then but it's not likely to be awful amounts