Buying a car.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have you considered taking it to wbac now and getting them to pay off the finance and then pay you the difference? They used to do that , my mate did it a few times, saves the hassle of buying off the PCP then selling it yourself

Edit just seen your moving away so you won't want to buy another car

You might lose some value on it between now and then but it's not likely to be awful amounts
Also try others like Motorway. I know they gave my mate over £1k more for his car a while ago.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We just got the confirmed payout on the insurance for the 10year old fiesta we had. It looks like it only lost £6k in those 10yrs 🙂.
Now I am looking at Hybrids and electrics
Short list is determined by who is up for a deal
Mazda CX60
Lexus 450h+ ( strangely cheaper than a Toyota Rav 4)
Polestar 2 long range
Q4 Etron - nearly new
DS7 hybrid

Don’t like the MBenz interior looks too cheap for the price
Skoda Enjaq 85 is nice but I can’t get a deal that’s competitive.
BMX is out of my price range from what I can see.
Renault E-scenic looks good, but some build quality issues I really don’t want to engage in.
Volvo XC40- over priced no deals and dated ( should be replaced soon)

Not touching JLR products as we have no service nr to us and they like a service or dealership visit which is unpleasant due to the dealers being like bankers.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry was.the CX30 mild hybrid, quoting 49 mpg
The HRV did 55
The mild hybrid just relates to taking a couple of things from engine driven to electrically driven.
Was your HRV petrol or diesel though?
The Mazda petrol engines are naturally aspirated so no turbo or supercharger.
My Mazda 3 with more or less the same 2ltr petrol engine and auto did 40 around town and 52 on a run.
My CX5 with 2 litres petrol and auto is giving me 35 round town, but hasn’t yet done any decent runs and only had 1 fill up since I got it.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The mild hybrid just relates to taking a couple of things from engine driven to electrically driven.
Was your HRV petrol or diesel though?
The Mazda petrol engines are naturally aspirated so no turbo or supercharger.
My Mazda 3 with more or less the same 2ltr petrol engine and auto did 40 around town and 52 on a run.
My CX5 with 2 litres petrol and auto is giving me 35 round town, but hasn’t yet done any decent runs and only had 1 fill up since I got it.
I took the HRV hybrid on a fairly lengthy (hour) test run and it was returning 55 mpg.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I'm not sure how anybody endures UK and European petrol prices--you pay for a liter what we pay for a gallon, it seems.

Since the cost of crude oil is the very same globally, that means that your governments are taxing the hell out of it.

If it helps pay for public transportation, that's perfectly understandable, however.
America has abysmal public transportation by global standards.
The interior of the nation has virtually no interest in it at all.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure how anybody endures UK and European petrol prices--you pay for a liter what we pay for a gallon, it seems.

Since the cost of crude oil is the very same globally, that means that your governments are taxing the hell out of it.

If it helps pay for public transportation, that's perfectly understandable, however.
America has abysmal public transportation by global standards.
The interior of the nation has virtually no interest in it at all.
You also have abysmal health service provision. :)

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Planning on handing my PCP'd Skoda Kodiaq ('23 plate) back to the dealer in December as moving overseas. Got a couple of quotes from websites (e.g. webuyanycar) to get a very rough idea of value.

Given the discussion in this thread, is the value I've been quoted for trade in *now* likely to decrease by a chunk giving there is a September plate release? I hadn't thought about it until now.....

Another build on this given the help thus far. I am the registered owner (on V5C) and the finance is all in my name.

I'm leaving in September, wife and family to then join me overseas in December. The ideal would be to leave the car for my wife to continue to use until December, however I'm assuming as I'm the registered owner/finance person I need to sell the car before I go in September? i.e. she can't sell it on my behalf?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Another build on this given the help thus far. I am the registered owner (on V5C) and the finance is all in my name.

I'm leaving in September, wife and family to then join me overseas in December. The ideal would be to leave the car for my wife to continue to use until December, however I'm assuming as I'm the registered owner/finance person I need to sell the car before I go in September? i.e. she can't sell it on my behalf?
Maybe the simplest thing is to transfer ownership to your wife. Costs nothing (except that it adds one more previous owner to the record). That way it would greatly simplify her ability to sell the car in December.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

As I understand it, you are only the registered keeper and until the finance is all paid off you are not the owner, the finance company is.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just bought a 2nd hand Merc B class, 2.0d. Lovely, very happy. Anyway, we were going to test drive it this morning, woke up dealer had taken another £500 off, they had taken £1,000 off last weekend. It made the price a good one, from being over priced, but perhaps adds to the theory that they are wanting to clear the decks for trade ins coming on Sept 1st.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just bought a 2nd hand Merc B class, 2.0d. Lovely, very happy. Anyway, we were going to test drive it this morning, woke up dealer had taken another £500 off, they had taken £1,000 off last weekend. It made the price a good one, from being over priced, but perhaps adds to the theory that they are wanting to clear the decks for trade ins coming on Sept 1st.
Nice 👌

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got your free bus pass as well then? :ROFLMAO: