Recommend an SUV for a golfer

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's 'race blue'? Hope it's not the same sh*tty colour blue that mine is? Decided I wasn't paying extra for a non-standard colour, and it seemed OK in the brochure - but it is vile ... Ah well, only 18 months to go & I can get rid of it.

😂 It’s the metallic blue they do, often associated with the vRS. It’s an optional extra.
I would always opt for metallic paint. Standard car colours are generally pony.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why did you get the new one Jon rather than keep the old?

We were offered a decent wedge for our current car, which keeps our PCP payments at the same monthly payment and it's basically for a like-for-like replacement (just doesn't have the cool hidden door protectors that pop out when you open the doors but they don't offer them any more :( ), and I don't have to start worrying about stuff going wrong out of warranty and having to replace cam belts and other expensive wear-and-tear parts etc. if I was to finance the balance of the car (as I don't have cash lying around to buy it outright :LOL:).
Plus we get super favourable finance rates and discounts as my dad works for Listers Group, who we're buying the car through.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve been thinking about replacing my 535, but struggling to find something as capable that interests me, and doesn’t cost north of £100k new.

I’d like to go full EV but anything interesting and the right size is too expensive or on a year’s waiting list.

The talk of SUVs on here has had me poking around the second hand market for something big and comfy. I loved my XC90 so am thinking of getting another or taking a complete gamble on a second hand FF Range Rover for a couple of years until a suitable EV comes along.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve been thinking about replacing my 535, but struggling to find something as capable that interests me, and doesn’t cost north of £100k new.

I’d like to go full EV but anything interesting and the right size is too expensive or on a year’s waiting list.

The talk of SUVs on here has had me poking around the second hand market for something big and comfy. I loved my XC90 so am thinking of getting another or taking a complete gamble on a second hand FF Range Rover for a couple of years until a suitable EV comes along.

6DFCE5A9-41B0-4A80-BA1E-579C7B8D0B54.jpeg677EE345-5058-4687-BD00-1312F7928458.jpeg495514DC-C6EE-4122-AB1F-21AB7EFE2012.jpeg
Best Car I’ve owned, great for the kids as well 😀👍🏻

sunshine

Visit site
My opinion of course, but SUVs with a large boot are horrible looking cars, crap to drive and inefficient in terms of fuel due to their vast bulk and poor drag coefficient.

This describes the X3 I bought for my wife. She wanted the high driving position, I could have bought a 5 series estate for the same money which is an infinitely better car in my opinion and more practical. But I don't drive it and I have to pick my battles :cautious:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
This describes the X3 I bought for my wife. She wanted the high driving position, I could have bought a 5 series estate for the same money which is an infinitely better car in my opinion and more practical. But I don't drive it and I have to pick my battles :cautious:

Half of me wants to shout “Wuss”
The other half just nods knowingly 👍

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you had any trouble with it?
A couple of years ago a few of the guys in my group got them, 5 I think. All but one have got rid due to mechanical problems, one even got the thing replaced by the manufacturer as it had so many problems.

No issues for me, great machine (Wife hates driving it 😂)
Ive literally just sold it though as my house renovation costs are going a fair bit over budget so released the money in the car to facilitate the work.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Have you had any trouble with it?
A couple of years ago a few of the guys in my group got them, 5 I think. All but one have got rid due to mechanical problems, one even got the thing replaced by the manufacturer as it had so many problems.

That’s the joy of Landrovers. They are either faultless or broken.