Recommend an SUV for a golfer

D

Deleted member 18121

I recently picked up a 2007 honda CR-V as a second car and trollies and clubs go in no issue without any seat shenanigans.

As for the auto Vs manual discussion.... I had an auto for a few weeks in America a couple of years ago. Never ever again , autos are for people who don't like driving and are only interested in getting from A to B. I want to drive my car thanks .

RichA

Visit site
I had a Honda CR-V manual in the mid-00s. The boot was idiotically large. Weirdly though, I do actually prefer driving my automatic VW Golf R and tend to get from A to B in less time and with a bigger smile than was ever achieved in the Honda.

D

Deleted member 18121

I had a Honda CR-V manual in the mid-00s. The boot was idiotically large. Weirdly though, I do actually prefer driving my automatic VW Golf R and tend to get from A to B in less time and with a bigger smile than was ever achieved in the Honda.

100% the honda isnt quick and isn't fun.... That's why it's my 2nd car, I keep the fun one for fun times.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As SUV stands for Sports Utility Vehicle, I would think it would be difficult to find one that doesn't have a large boot
Correct but they have become Chelsea Tractors, bought by many for taking Tristan to school in a lardy vehicle that ensures wee Jimmy in his dad's Fiesta is killed in a collision and not Tristan

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Correct but they have become Chelsea Tractors, bought by many for taking Tristan to school in a lardy vehicle that ensures wee Jimmy in his dad's Fiesta is killed in a collision and not Tristan

Yes I know. We have many around here in Lincolnshire, a county famous for its mountain ranges and rocky passes.

I think my BMW 3 series shrunk in the wash :(

22220075_10154684572277434_4614847225896596728_o.jpg

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My work forbids me from making recommendations about the vehicles we drive.
But the type of vehicle you should be looking at (in no order of preference) are:-

Hyundai Santa Fe
Hyundai Tucson
Skoda Kodiaq
Skoda Karoq
VW Touareg
VW Tiguan
Peugeot 3008
Seat Tarraco

Meanwhile I can get all my golf stuff in my “ Frag-Jag” 😎😎

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everyone's different of course but I could never be doing with taking clubs out of the bag every time I put them in the boot. I use a Fiesta and just leave the smaller backseat folded down and put the bag through there. Much prefer that to taking driver and woods out. 😆

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely, any car will take a bag with up to 14 loose clubs. When talking about clubs in the boot of a car, shouldnt the criteria be that the clubs all stay in the bag, and the parcel shelf/cover can sit in place to hide them from prying eyes?
They can and do in my Mazda 3:)

They did also in a Honda Civic and Hyundai Ioniq hyrbid when I were looking to buy (and got the Mazda)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
In an interesting turn of events, I’m just about to cancel my EV order and buy another Kodiaq…such is our love for them. We’ll go EV when we’re next due to change cars.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In an interesting turn of events, I’m just about to cancel my EV order and buy another Kodiaq…such is our love for them. We’ll go EV when we’re next due to change cars.
what engine have you got Jon in current and new one. The mrs fancies one when we next change - the 150 petrol prob most suitable to avoid dpf issues as alot of short journeys, although i do think torquey diesles suit these cars better

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
what engine have you got Jon in current and new one. The mrs fancies one when we next change - the 150 petrol prob most suitable to avoid dpf issues as alot of short journeys, although i do think torquey diesles suit these cars better
I’ve got the 150 petrol. you won’t be winning many red light duels but it’s smooth and feels more luxurious than it is. Best all round car I’ve owned

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you have to take a driver out then yer boot ain't big enough. Can't be doing with that faff.

Auto boxes. They are alot better nowadays than they used to be. I had a couple of autos years ago and they weren't great. My last two cars were/are modern autos and they are great. The other car I have is manual...give me the auto everyday thanks.👍

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
And with that. New Kodiaq ordered. Race Blue. Can’t wait!
What's 'race blue'? Hope it's not the same sh*tty colour blue that mine is? Decided I wasn't paying extra for a non-standard colour, and it seemed OK in the brochure - but it is vile ... Ah well, only 18 months to go & I can get rid of it.