Specific Electric Trolley Feedback Please

• Thread starter Deleted member 35504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 35504

I'm dithering about getting my first electric trolley and there's a few queries I have that can probably be answered only through experience, so grateful for any feedback.

Here's what I love about my manual trolley and need the same:

1. Adjustable height handle. Being 6ft 2, not only does raising the handle help avoid stooping when walking, but importantly it means I can walk and stand comfortably under the brolly when that's attached in the rain.

2. Decent, larger-size drinks holder on the side of the handle.

3. Decent storage space in/around the handle (for umbrella holder, keys, reading/sunglasses, general bits and pieces).

4. Folds up small for back of car.

5. I only use a stand/hybrid? bag so needs to allow that to stay in place without twisting sideways.

Any recommendations to buy or avoid based around these gratefully accepted, I'm guessing Powakaddy and Motocaddy the only options (don't fancy a Go Kart).

Many thanks in advance. 👍

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
1. Don't know for sure but most aren't very adjustable. Im 6'3" and my dads powakaddy CT6 is a bit short for me - made even worse when an umbrella goes up! Id be semi crouching under it.

2. Easy on most brands but additional cost of attachment

3. You get much better storage on push trollies than electric. You can buy an array of attachments but a net or box for storage of balls/ tees/ phone or keys is unlikely from Moto or Powakaddy. Attachments off the top of my head: Umbrella holder, scorecard holder, cup holder, phone cradle.

4. Loads go small these days.

5. straps of electric bags tend to be the circular type rather than 2 straps which meet in the middle, a big hybrid bag would be ideal but if youre going electric why not get a cart bag? It would also solve your storage concerns.

D

Deleted member 35504

1. Don't know for sure but most aren't very adjustable. Im 6'3" and my dads powakaddy CT6 is a bit short for me - made even worse when an umbrella goes up! Id be semi crouching under it.

2. Easy on most brands but additional cost of attachment

3. You get much better storage on push trollies than electric. You can buy an array of attachments but a net or box for storage of balls/ tees/ phone or keys is unlikely from Moto or Powakaddy. Attachments off the top of my head: Umbrella holder, scorecard holder, cup holder, phone cradle.

4. Loads go small these days.

5. straps of electric bags tend to be the circular type rather than 2 straps which meet in the middle, a big hybrid bag would be ideal but if youre going electric why not get a cart bag? It would also solve your storage concerns.
Thanks for the detailed comments.

I've tried several times to go trolley bag but always go back to a carry bag, it's just so much easier going to the range, practice area, maybe carry for a quick few holes.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed comments.

I've tried several times to go trolley bag but always go back to a carry bag, it's just so much easier going to the range, practice area, maybe carry for a quick few holes.

I carry pretty much all the time, have a push for when its possible poor weather because the umbrella holder makes everything easier.

Most will take a carry bag fine, you'll just get the extra storage with a cart bag and a slightly more snug fit on the trolly. My mate has a FX3 and he uses a carry bag on it with no issues, just looks worse than a cart bag.