Electric trolley

GallowayGolfer

Visit site
looking at getting an electric trolley to protect my dodgy back. Looking at Powakaddys as they seem to be the most popular/ reliable at my club.

The one im looking at is the ct6. I don’t fancy storing it in the shed over winter (cold and damp might affect electronics.) I have limited storage space in the house so i think the ct6 would be better for me than the fx3.

Just a couple of questions if anyone has this model.

Does a stand bag fit on it okay?
Is it sturdy/ well built?

I’d really like it to last 10+ years with how expensive they are (£700). Or if anyone can recommend another trolley that would suit me. I would’ve looked at a go kart but it looks like a stand bag wouldn’t fit well on it.

Brads

Visit site
They are really well made, I'll say that. I looked at the CT6 but ended up buying an RX7 cause to be honest it wasn't massive when folded up. Certainly not for storage. I'd maybe consider the CT if I had a small car though.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
PowerBug is worth looking at
Compact, sturdy pulls you up the hills and mine has done well over 2000 miles in the 3 1/2 years I have had it?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If it has a built in gps I would research to see if there reliable my son just got a new Powercaddy fx3 and his built in gps doesn’t give the correct yardages on our course.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am happy with my push trolley but I would probably avoid those with built in GPS.
The ones on a Powakaddy do not seem that accurate.

I know plenty people who swear by motocaddy as being more reliable than Powacaddy.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I love my CT6, and it folds up smaller than the GoKart by quite some margin. With the wheels inverted, even smaller obviously.
Almost all stand bags are a pain in the butt to fit on a trolley particularly well, but this seems to be okay with my stand bag. That said, I've got the Big Maxx hybrid stand bag, so no weird foot thing, just a solid base, which makes a difference.

Brads

Visit site
If it has a built in gps I would research to see if there reliable my son just got a new Powercaddy fx3 and his built in gps doesn’t give the correct yardages on our course.
Remember to connect your phone to it and use the app to update the course

Bratty

Visit site
You should be able to connect the phone to the trolley with a USB cable and then use the app on the phone to talk to the trolley and update the course(s).

Neeko1988

Visit site
I recently purchased the FX7 and having a stand bag on it was a nightmare. This has the same bag mounts as the CT6. Loved the trolley but couldn’t warrant buying a cart bag to use on it so ended up selling.

I found the arms on the top bag mount were too short to keep a stand bag in place.
I bought a Motocaddy which has much longer arms and my stand bag doesn’t move now.

GallowayGolfer

Visit site
I recently purchased the FX7 and having a stand bag on it was a nightmare. This has the same bag mounts as the CT6. Loved the trolley but couldn’t warrant buying a cart bag to use on it so ended up selling.

I found the arms on the top bag mount were too short to keep a stand bag in place.
I bought a Motocaddy which has much longer arms and my stand bag doesn’t move now.
Thanks! I want to keep the stand bag for the times im just playing a few holes I’ll still want to carry

I’ve narrowed my choices down to the Powakaddy ct6, motocaddy m1 or a powerbug. Hopefully the pro shop has some display ones i can try my stand bag on.

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You should be able to connect the phone to the trolley with a USB cable and then use the app on the phone to talk to the trolley and update the course(s).

Thanks for that I will tell my son to give it a try, this might sound stupid but which app are we talking about?

Mandofred

Visit site
I bought a Motocaddy M1 almost 3 months ago after I switched to a course with more slope. I had trouble with it immediately. The speed control just did whatever it wanted....I emailed Motocaddy and they sent me a new button switch part (wrong one). I got another guy that then sent me the correct part. Everything seems to be good now, so a thumbs up to Motocaddy to help solve the problem. They wanted me to take the trolley to the nearest service centre.....but since it was just a simple plug in part I told them I would do it myself. I never take the battery out of the trolley and just pick the trolley up and put that and my golf bag in the garage and plug the battery in....I won't forget it that way. I've no urge to buy a trolley with built in GPS....just seems like more things to go wrong.....

Bratty

Visit site
Thanks for that I will tell my son to give it a try, this might sound stupid but which app are we talking about?
Go to the app store (iphone) or Google play (android) and search for PowaKaddy (it should be the one with the company logo).

TigerBear

Visit site
looking at getting an electric trolley to protect my dodgy back. Looking at Powakaddys as they seem to be the most popular/ reliable at my club.

The one im looking at is the ct6. I don’t fancy storing it in the shed over winter (cold and damp might affect electronics.) I have limited storage space in the house so i think the ct6 would be better for me than the fx3.

Just a couple of questions if anyone has this model.

Does a stand bag fit on it okay?
Is it sturdy/ well built?

I’d really like it to last 10+ years with how expensive they are (£700). Or if anyone can recommend another trolley that would suit me. I would’ve looked at a go kart but it looks like a stand bag wouldn’t fit well on it.

Check this thread out mate https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/best-electric-trolley.108793/

Lots of good advice on that thread (y)