New Push Trolley? Help Me Decide...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When my wife plays golf with me she has generally borrowed my trolley while I carry, this was fine when we were just doing short nine holers, but she's starting to play 18 a bit more so I figured I might get another trolley. Originally thought I'd just get her a cheap one, but when I mentioned it she said "ohh, I suppose you'll have to buy yourself a brand new shiny trolley and I get your old one?" So, rather perfectly, I can now buy a new trolley and claim it was her idea. Brilliant!

The options I'm considering so far are below. For reference, my current one is a Rovic RV1C I've had for three years, I've had to replace a couple of bolts that fell out but otherwise still works.

Motocaddy - Pros: My bag is a Motocaddy hybrid so it would lock into the base nicely.
Cons: My Rovic has the brake on the handle, this one is on the foot which is a little more annoying. You also have to buy the umbrella holder separately which adds to the cost.

'Cube' - Pros: Has the smallest folded size (I tend to leave my trolley in the boot of the Fiesta so this is a plus). Only £150 and that includes the umbrella holder thrown in.
Cons: Also has a footbrake - and I don't know much about the quality of this brand. Has anyone got or used one of these?

Clicgear - Pros: Clicgear quality is obvious. Has the brake on the handle. Umbrella holder included.
Cons: Pretty expensive at £250. Also I think it has the same kind of rubber strap for the bag as my Rovic which I'm not a huge fan of.

Any feedback and suggestions welcome.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would probably go Clicgear.

Had the cube for a bit. After about 6 months, the brake had demolished the plastic housing it 'clicks' into to lock, and needed to be replaced.

Got it replaced, then jacked it in and went Electric.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Real shame Druids stopped doing theirs - they're absolutely class and were only around £100.

They had the "caddytek" license for distribution in the UK and now I cant seem to fin them anywhere.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The boy has a Motocaddy S series push trolley. Can’t fault it.

There are usually a few on FB marketplace to be had cheap. I think I paid about £70.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Real shame Druids stopped doing theirs - they're absolutely class and were only around £100.

They had the "caddytek" license for distribution in the UK and now I cant seem to fin them anywhere.
I never liked the look of the Druids one anyway, it didn't seem to fold very small. I prefer the compact ones.

I've got a couple of mates who have Stewart push trolleys - are they any good?
Heard good things, but not sure who even sells them beyond Stewart's own website. And I think they're the most expensive of the lot.

Also don;t sleep on the Stewart R1-S (though has a rubber strap)

Or the Big Max range (https://uk.bigmaxgolf.com/golf-carts/) which can fold up pretty small and are decently made.
I had a Big Max before, but I didn't like it, it was really bulky and didn't fold down very small. Looking at that link - it was the TI One I had, or an earlier equivalent.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got a couple of mates who have Stewart push trolleys - are they any good?
The Stewart push trolley is THE best in my opinion. Had mine 3 years.
Pal got one recently and says it is easier to push than the clic gear he used to have.
Might be expensive but it will last. I got mine in a lock down sale with a voucher code for £142.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Stewart push trolley is THE best in my opinion. Had mine 3 years.
Pal got one recently and says it is easier to push than the clic gear he used to have.
Might be expensive but it will last. I got mine in a lock down sale with a voucher code for £142.
Purchased from their own website? I see they are £219 including umbrella holder which is nowhere near as bad as I thought. Makes it cheaper than the Clicgear and the Motocaddy (factoring in the lack of umbrella holder). That is interesting.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Purchased from their own website? I see they are £219 including umbrella holder which is nowhere near as bad as I thought. Makes it cheaper than the Clicgear and the Motocaddy (factoring in the lack of umbrella holder). That is interesting.
No, Golfsupport website.

The Fader

Visit site
I have a Wishbone Zero that I take abroad. I must have done 50 rounds in last 12 months without an issue.

Light as a feather and whilst doesn't fold as small as some, with the wheels off I can fit it in a suitcase.

Only niggle is the elastic straps are a very snug fit.

But at £89.99 with justgolfonline.co.uk - might be worth looking at if budget is a consideration (and I know only too well how expensive family additions are!)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The boys got a Druids, had to strip the brake mech down last week as it had stopped working - which was a bit of a faff.
For the money it's fine, but it is a little cumbersome to fold up and down, I've lost count of the amount of times I've ended up caked in mud when he's used it through the winter.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
I’ve got the clicgear, love it. My mate has got the cube. It’s a nice trolley too but not as sturdy or as good a build quality.

All depends how much you want to spend really.

sunshine

Visit site
What's wrong with a foot brake? It's no more faff than a hand brake, in any case I barely use the brake when I push a trolley, even on my hilly course. I wouldn't let that influence your decision.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What's wrong with a foot brake? It's no more faff than a hand brake, in any case I barely use the brake when I push a trolley, even on my hilly course. I wouldn't let that influence your decision.
Foot brake is better. Much simpler mechanism than a cable and bike style brake.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair enough, I've just got used to the hand brake on mine, so easy to flip the brake on as you let go of the handle, whereas I recall awkwardly reaching towards the wheel to put a foot brake on. 😂

In fairness, the below is exactly what Stewart say as to why they have foot brakes - less likely to break. (and more likely to brake - sorry 😆)
Foot brake is better. Much simpler mechanism than a cable and bike style brake.